Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

IMO Probably the worst investment4708

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Most won't understand the reference. I only do because I saw the story in a documentary a couple of months ago.

Kudos to both of you for knowing about that little bit of history.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I know a little of everything and a lot of nothing.
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, I often say that I am good at everything and a master of nothing.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Yea, I often say that I am good at everything and a master of nothing.

That's a bard. Jack of all trades, master of none. I like to say, jack of all trades, master of a few, personally.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
People do get crazy. It always happens though. I have seen this sort of thing on various scales happen throughout the years since I started collecting in 1979. Prices people pay are far more pronounced and the interwebs have drastically increased the appreciation of price but the fact is, no matter which way you cut it, it still happens.

Would I pay that much for that book? Never. However, people are free to spend their money on whatever they want. Since it is not my money I pretty much don't care. Paying such prices though can have a positive effect on the prices for some of my books down the road so I can't really get too mad. In the end there really is no reason to get all huffy about what another person does with their money.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Steep
Post 56 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
💀 💩 L
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
In the end there really is no reason to get all huffy about what another person does with their money.

Huff huff huff....

For many, it's playing the stocks. If they want to go for the risk, I guess let them.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
In the end there really is no reason to get all huffy about what another person does with their money.

Huff huff huff....

For many, it's playing the stocks. If they want to go for the risk, I guess let them.

Yep. That's what it comes down to. While I have never paid anywhere near that much I have, according to realized prices, "overpaid" for some books. I'm sure lots of people have so it is all relative and desperation can wildly influence some people's choices.
Post 59 IP   flag post
598060 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?