Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

WD 100 Red Foil on Comic Book Men - Question4704

Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
So I randomly just thought of this. Last week on "Comic Book Men" as part of their "Walking Dead" special, someone brought a #100 red foil into the store. It looks like the book is still there. My question is this. If this book was submitted to CBCS, would it be noted on the label that this was the book featured on the TV show if some sort of provenance from Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash was included with the book? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
So is that why I sold mine this week for $2600?

hm
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini

hm

As the magic 8 ball would say "signs point to yes".
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:

hm
What grade did you have that it fetched that much? Nice job!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Anything featured on "Comic Book Men" becomes hot for a couple weeks (and sometimes months) later.

"FoolKiller" (1990) is a prime example. Walt has been a huge fan of the series for years, but it only had a small cult following.

It was a book that could be found for a buck an issue. After some original art from the book was featured on the show, and they discussed how much they loved it, prices went crazy. It looks like the prices have settled back down now to $2-$3 an issue.

Point being, if you see a collectible featured on the show when it first airs, know it's a Seller's market on that item for a while.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I saw an ad on TV for an upcoming series titled "Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics".

Video is not working for me, but here is a site with a teaser trailer for episode #1.

https://www.newsarama.com/37140-robert-kirkman-s-secret-history-of-comics-teaser-trailer.html
Post 6 IP   flag post
It does look interesting.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I think what I'm asking is being lost in translation. The actual book featured on the show...the one the store bought. It's up for sale now. If purchased from the Secret Stash & some kind of paperwork from them is included in the submission that it's the book from the episode it was on, would that be noted on the label? Something to differentiate it from any other TWD #100 red foil that's been graded.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@cjbehr948 I don't think so, but either @SteveRicketts or @JakeFleming could give you a more definitive answer.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbehr948
Quote:

hm
What grade did you have that it fetched that much? Nice job!

It was CGC 9.8 double signed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600662 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?