Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

POST YOUR 9.0 or better graded BOOKS!4694

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another great cover; I probably should have sent in #8 too.

Post 251 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Rob, how about this cover for your next comision?

Post 252 IP   flag post

Post 253 IP   flag post

Post 254 IP   flag post
Another signed comic, G.I. Joe #1 Newsstand Edition. I wish I had brought the second issue to be signed also.

Post 255 IP   flag post

And last, but not least, another Newsstand Edition in 9.8. What's this one worth, Jacob?
(Note: there's a small vertical smudge in the plastic at the bottom of the scan code box)

Post 256 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Great books!
Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 258 IP   flag post
@GeeWiz - Thanks, I like what you have posted too. We have similar interests. Did you buy your comics new years ago, or have you been buying slabs?
Post 259 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
posted it the other day, but its worthy of the 9.0+ group, because its my first book higher than 9.8 (even though I had to buy it since its clear none of my books will ever break 9.8)

and it was great hanging with @shrewbeer and @esaravo yesterday.need to do it again
Post 260 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Those are some nice 9.8 you been hanging onto all these years. The DD 181 is nice. I never see them without corner wear due to the double size book. Nice to see your Newstand 9.8's too. Makes me want to dig through my long boxes looking for some gems.
Post 261 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Just went through the thread and realized I didn't post this.

Alone and highest in the Census of a whopping 8 graded lol but hey, last time I looked (maybe a year ago) it was at 5 graded, and had been since 2009 when I purchased it. So another 3 graded for this 'nothing special' book makes me wonder if there are people (registry participants) that chase Mint books, meaning match or surpass, no matter what they are.
Seems silly but >shrug< Whatever straightens your bends. I keep it as a novelty item, plus it matches a cover theme I collect.

Post 262 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@esaravo Those are some nice 9.8 you been hanging onto all these years. The DD 181 is nice. I never see them without corner wear due to the double size book. Nice to see your Newstand 9.8's too. Makes me want to dig through my long boxes looking for some gems.

Thanks. That's what I have been doing. Trying to go through some boxes of books that I haven't looked at in over 30 years (some 40). I know I have to get rid of some, but it's pretty cool to send in books that you bought and read as a teenager or young man and get them back with high grades. I'm sure you have many mint beauties that you haven't looked at in years, too.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Thanks. That's what I have been doing. Trying to go through some boxes of books that I haven't looked at in over 30 years (some 40). I know I have to get rid of some, but it's pretty cool to send in books that you bought and read as a teenager or young man and get them back with high grades. I'm sure you have many mint beauties that you haven't looked at in years, too.
I do. I know I have a good amount of 9.8 candidates. I was a really picky about keeping my books real nice.
I also have a few graded books that will fall under this post. I will have to post them up here soon.
Post 264 IP   flag post
Here are some of my 9.0 or better graded books. The 2 Charltons's with Captain Willie Schultz, the last time I checked they were both the highest graded copies. But then again how many people want these graded? Who knows? I was also wondering if the 2 Charlton's are Newstands? I cannot remember how they were distributed in the mid 80's. The ASM 298 and Suicide Squad #1 I bought off the rack.

Post 265 IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user

Post 267 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user

jus got these in today pretty happy with it
Post 268 IP   flag post
598019 268 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?