Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgePop CultureSigning Opportunities

My newest CBCS box from Trinity Comics, CBCS4686

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Here's some of my newest books I received today from CBCS via Matt through @TrinityComics. For those who do not understand witnessed books or using a convention facilitator service, I highly recommend Matt for his excellent management skills and great work ethics. This is a great facilitator you can trust with your books getting witnessed or graded through CBCS.

Here's the books! I am a Rick and Morty junkie, a J Scott Campbell fan, Amazing Spider-man fan, and a huge TMNT fan. So here are some books that reflect that:

Batman #563 signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.4. The only Joker cover done by JSC. 1st of only 2 Batman covers he ever has done. (this one and DKIII: Master Race)

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spider-man #15 B&W J Scott Campbell store exclusive - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.8

Post 2 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-man #607 J Scott Campbell variant - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.4

Post 3 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-man #606 J Scott Campbell Black Cat variant - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.6

Post 4 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-man Vol 2 #35 J Scott Campbell variant - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.4

Post 5 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-man #601 J Scott Campbell Mary Jane classic variant - Newsstand Edition signed in gold by J Scott Campbell CBCS 6.5. Lame.

and why didn't cbcs notate "NEWSSTAND EDITION" on books after 1999?!?!?!?!?!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Amazing Spider-man Vol 2 #52 J Scott Campbell Mary Jane cover variant - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.2.

again, CBCS didn't recognize this as a NEWSSTAND EDITION because it's 2003. Lame. That's less than 5% off the distribution population!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Journey into Mystery #109 signed by Stan Lee right on the crotch CBCS 4.0.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Vampirella #0 Retailer Incentive J Scott Campbell variant - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.2. Lame.

this is the one i bought from a board member who mailed it straight to Trinity for me. poka? i think?
Post 9 IP   flag post
2016 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #8 IDW Games Exclusive Variant Cover - signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman CBCS 9.8.

Post 10 IP   flag post
1988 Archie Comics Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 - signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman CBCS 9.4. 1st appearances of Bebop, Rocksteady, and General Krang.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Fifth Printing - signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman CBCS 9.2.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #7 Second Printing Utrom Variant Cover - signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman CBCS 8.0. With a checkmark.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Red Sonja #0 Retailer Incentive J Scott Campbell Variant Cover - signed by J Scott Campbell. CBCS 9.8.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Killer books @kaptainmyke straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks. I'm loving the super heavy duty mylar bags they all came in, too. Heat seals all the way up the right side across the logo. Good work.

I'm a little disappointed in the grades though. I am not sure they were pressed but Matt said they were.
Post 16 IP   flag post
oh, and I'll leave this one right here at the end...........

Post 17 IP   flag post

Steve even called me over the phone on this one. I said go for it. Once stan signed the crotch it's a point of no return for me, imo
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Thanks. I'm loving the super heavy duty mylar bags they all came in, too. Heat seals all the way up the right side across the logo. Good work.

I'm a little disappointed in the grades though. I am not sure they were pressed but Matt said they were.

Those Mylars do look great, more excited about getting my latest submission back now....yeah I'd say the Asm 601 & the Thor 166 were a kick in nuts for ya....still great books though
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
That Thor 166 is unfortunate. Thankfully it's not 165. But nice books overall dude. Must've been fun to open the box.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Actually I have a number 165 that’s being signed
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Nice one. Stan Lee is the master of placement.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Vampirella #0 Retailer Incentive J Scott Campbell variant - signed by J Scott Campbell CBCS 9.2. Lame.

this is the one i bought from a board member who mailed it straight to Trinity for me. poka? i think?

Nope - not me
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just a question for folks - I honestly don't understand the concern over lack of recognition of an aspect of a comic that is factual and evident/obvious, but not stated on the label. For example: 1st appearances, newsstand, writer, artist. In all honesty, I'd exchange all the superfluous information on cgc/cbcs labels for written info related to the defects. We hire cgc/cbcs to grade our comics and I guess I'm alone in the belief that the label info should contain info pertinent to the grade and grade notes; not 1st app of.... or newsstand, or written by John doe, etc..
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Steve even called me over the phone on this one. I said go for it. Once stan signed the crotch it's a point of no return for me, imo[/quote

.5, what's the story on it?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:

Nice one. Stan Lee is the master of placement.

Classic Lee sig. Terrible. @kaptainmyke are't you the expert on creating Windows for sigs (you have a tutorial if I remember)? What happened here?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Just a question for folks - I honestly don't understand the concern over lack of recognition of an aspect of a comic that is factual and evident/obvious, but not stated on the label. For example: 1st appearances, newsstand, writer, artist. In all honesty, I'd exchange all the superfluous information on cgc/cbcs labels for written info related to the defects. We hire cgc/cbcs to grade our comics and I guess I'm alone in the belief that the label info should contain info pertinent to the grade and grade notes; not 1st app of.... or newsstand, or written by John doe, etc..

I'd much rather have the info about the book than graders notes....it's easy enough to go online & check the graders notes. I care more about what is actually involved with the book Writer, artist, significance. Imo graders notes on the book takes away
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
Matt and Trinity are the BEST!!!! I almost want to say they are awful so I don’t have to share how awesome the service is. I was unbelievably lucky to get Len Weins sig on my grail HOS 92 because Trinity held my book safely for months until Wein showed up at SDCC.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
Also ...I may or may not have considered changing my name to Pickle Nick hahahaha
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Classic Lee sig. Terrible. @kaptainmyke are't you the expert on creating Windows for sigs (you have a tutorial if I remember)? What happened here?

Stan's window was across the thor logo. It literally said "STAN LEE" over both peices of blue tape. The writer/artists had a larger window down below. There you go.
Post 30 IP   flag post
596795 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?