Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Modern Age

VSP Question / Opinion - Jim Lee4667

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all! So, I have these books that were signed by Jim Lee way back in the early 90's, when X-Men V2 started up. He signed at one of my local shops in San Diego County... I missed him, but they had these books for me. So, obviously, I didn't SEE him sign them, but here they are. Was thinking about sending them in at some point, but I don't want to spend the money to have them rejected, you know?

I was looking at some sig examples from the time versus now... VERY different... They look fine to me, but I figured I'd get some thoughts before digging them back out. This pic is from a couple of months ago when I was sorting my books.

What do you guys think?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
The computer should take into account all versions of a persons signature. Look at the way he signed the artwork vs the autograph they may have the way he signs legal documents stored as well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I had a Jim Lee sig from '93 pass VSP, you should be fine. Same type of sig style.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I had a Jim Lee sig from '93 pass VSP, you should be fine. Same type of sig style.

What, he took the time to dot the "i"? Ha ha ha...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Mine looks like a scribble, but I know it's his scribble.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same run of comics signed by him way back in the day when he signed comics for free. I will take some pictures when I get home.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DarthKribs Thanks! I used to see a LOT of things signed by him in the San Diego / Orange County area, since he was local... My first convention back in the day was the Mighty Mutant Tour in Jan of 1992, to give you an idea.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I took a picture of the comic I had signed by Jim Lee in the 90’s in NYC. He was only signing one book per person there.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Hey all! So, I have these books that were signed by Jim Lee way back in the early 90's, when X-Men V2 started up. He signed at one of my local shops in San Diego County... I missed him, but they had these books for me. So, obviously, I didn't SEE him sign them, but here they are. Was thinking about sending them in at some point, but I don't want to spend the money to have them rejected, you know?

I was looking at some sig examples from the time versus now... VERY different... They look fine to me, but I figured I'd get some thoughts before digging them back out. This pic is from a couple of months ago when I was sorting my books.

What do you guys think?

These are all 99.9% legit. I would be surprised if they came back rejected.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user

Here is a Jim Lee sig way back from 1993
Post 10 IP   flag post
There's a little difference in some of the sigs, but mostly the same. Some dots on the i's, some note, some lazy L's, some not... It probably all depended on when he was doing them, lines, and at what point it was (year). I know my sig has devolved over time, but more based on my day job and age over the number of professional sigs I've done (FEW), ha ha.
Post 11 IP   flag post
597883 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?