Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids

Maybe the phrasing is confusing.

It's a fact that this book predates any other appearance (unless you know of something else, I'm listening). CGC acknowledged this to a fellow collector, let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear back from the grading companies.

Since CGC doesn't label Rick and Morty as a first appearance, perhaps they are considering the Good Morty.

I do however, realize some people have jumped the gun on this book and now it's getting frustrating.
Post 376 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
After getting one in for grading, it was determined that the booklet is too easy to reproduce, so CBCS will not be grading them at this time. We already had this rule in place for similar items.

I do have the copies that Scorpion sent in. I'll do an analysis on them and let you guys know what I find.

Sorry for jumping the gun. We couldn't make a determination for sure until we had one in hand.


I'm calling you out, Steve. It's easy to reproduce. But it's easier to tell a fake from a real one.

Lame. I guess I know where to go from here on out.

Moving on, I guess.


KaptainMyke:

The two sentences you typed after you "called Steve out" , contradicts your very own assertion in the 15 words that you typed.

You even agreed with Steve's assessment that the booklets would be easy to reproduce.

So, if the books are easy to reproduce, declaring one version over another to be "easy enough" as a "real or fake", is an oxymoron.

It is certainly clear that many Good Morty books came out of bootlegged DVD and Blu-Ray's.

It is certainly much less clear, other than the 250 copies signed by Roland and crew which were announced by Roland in 2014 via a promotional Facebook post from Roland's Facebook account, that any other legitimate copies were printed, and apparently some legit copies do exist.

There may be legitimate copies out there beyond, but that cannot be accepted as fact, as of yet.
Post 377 • IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55
I have what I hope is a really copy that was received on 10/23 by CGC with Modern Fast Track. I have my fingers crossed that it will be graded and we could put at least some of this to rest.


This is my point.

You apparently subbed this book to CGC without confirmation that CGC will even grade this book, at all.

As far as I can see, there has been no evidence posted that CGC knew of this book for "3 years" nor that CGC actively chose not to label Rick & Morty #1 as the "1st Appearance Of Rick & Morty".


Agreed and that is why I am saying when my grades pop for this sub we will have some additional answers and can eliminate some of this speculation
Post 378 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@CopperAgeKids

Maybe the phrasing is confusing.

It's a fact that this book predates any other appearance (unless you know of something else, I'm listening). CGC acknowledged this to a fellow collector, let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear back from the grading companies.

Since CGC doesn't label Rick and Morty as a first appearance, perhaps they are considering the Good Morty.

I do however, realize some people have jumped the gun on this book and now it's getting frustrating.


It is a fact that this book pre-dates any othertt appearances of R & M.

As far as giving a "fellow collector" the benefit of the doubt.....in most cases, if this individual was actually a fellow collector, sure.

Given the circumstances i.e. the thousands of cumulative dollars that actual fellow collectors have spent on Good Morty books.... giving whomever posted under that "NeganGrimes" account, any benefit of the doubt seems to be ....well, exactly what got this situation where it currently stands.

If there was not a slew of people who have spent hundreds of dollars of real money, on what may turn out to be worthless paper......okay,sure. But that is not the case.

Draw your own conclusions on the peril of giving some random dude, calling himself "NeganGrimes",any benefit of the doubt.

Again, we have no proof that CGC acknowledged anything.
Post 379 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
@CaptainCanuck

My avatar has absolutely nothing to do with anything political.


I choose pizza over fried chicken, any day of the week.
Post 380 • IP   flag post


Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids

You admittedly bought some of these books off of eBay due to this fellow collector's news, so you already gave him the benefit of the doubt.

If anyone is in peril, who's fault is that? No one forced them to buy anything.
Post 381 • IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

It is a fact that this book pre-dates any othertt appearances of R & M.

Yes, if you bought this book because you wanted to own the first appearance of Rick and Morty, then this was welcoming news and no peril.

On the other hand, if you bought it just because you thought CGC or CBCS was gonna grade it and make you lots of money, then thats your source of frustration.
Post 382 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
CAK We all acknowledge there’s some real ones and some fake ones. We have a way to spot the differences. I don’t see what the big deal is. You are trying to keep this civil, right?
Post 383 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not frustrated at all. I own both. They look great in my amazing Rick and Morty collection. I’m good either way. I was just trying to help others out.
Post 384 • IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know....I really like both but the fake ones just don't look right..I prefer non fake (.)(.)
Post 385 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
CaptainCanuck:

I rolled the dice on 4 lots, totaling less than $75.

Big difference between laying out $200+ on a Good Morty.
Post 386 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
KapMyke,

You "called out" Ricketts, which seemed off the mark to me.

Nothing I said to you was less than civil.
Post 387 • IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
CaptainCanuck:

I rolled the dice on 4 lots, totaling less than $75.

Big difference between laying out $200+ on a Good Morty.


Were they the one staple or two?
Post 388 • IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user

Post 389 • IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i think where all just trying to help out here to spot out the real from fake.
@kaptainmyke has done a good job to the best that he can i think. and to stop other from buying fake ones at 250 -500 a pop, which i think is crazy. yes its up to CGC or CBCS to say if they want to slab these. its bad news for a collector to want to have or already have, a real R&M 1st appearance that can not be slap because of all the fake ones beaning made.
clickable text

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@CopperAgeKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

It is a fact that this book pre-dates any othertt appearances of R & M.

Yes, if you bought this book because you wanted to own the first appearance of Rick and Morty, then this was welcoming news and no peril.

On the other hand, if you bought it just because you thought CGC or CBCS was gonna grade it and make you lots of money, then that your source of frustration.


so its OK for the people selling fake ones to make money. lol

i dont think that anyone is frustrated, i bought one for $17 at an old DVD book store, whether it get grade it or not i could care less, but the fact is that books get grade to be sold for more.
am not even a rick & Morty fan, i wasn't even looking for this booklet just got lucky. i will sale it when it comes back from CBCS graded or not, if some one wants to pay X amount of money who am i to stop them. (a comic book is only worth what some is willing to pay for it)at least there getting a real one and i think that the point. that they are getting a real one, not a fake one.

i need more popcoron
Post 390 • IP   flag post
Collector jimmylinguini private msg quote post Address this user
Cak why don't you just contact CGC?

You've brought up the same point how many times now?

When the information came out from Negan Grimes I contacted people I knew at CGC and verified the information. But of course I'm in on pump and dump, right?
Post 391 • IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
The Good Morty Signed 1of250 show up on ebay asking 10,000



you would think shipping would be free, lol Shipping: $2.63 Economy Shipping

clickable text
Post 392 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Cak why don't you just contact CGC?

You've brought up the same point how many times now?

When the information came out from Negan Grimes I contacted people I knew at CGC and verified the information. But of course I'm in on pump and dump, right?


CBCS also immediately came out and said they would now be labeling the same way. idk why this is even being pointlessly argued, @CAK, whats the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
The Good Morty Signed 1of250 show up on ebay asking 10,000



clickable text


They should send it to CBCS for VSP, then they will know for sure which books are real

Someone sure hit the jackpot finding one of these though, I cant imagine many of them will surface
Post 393 • IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Cak why don't you just contact CGC?

You've brought up the same point how many times now?

When the information came out from Negan Grimes I contacted people I knew at CGC and verified the information. But of course I'm in on pump and dump, right?


CBCS also immediately came out and said they would now be labeling the same way. idk why this is even being pointlessly argued, @CAK, whats the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
The Good Morty Signed 1of250 show up on ebay asking 10,000



clickable text




They should send it to CBCS for VSP, then they will know for sure which books are real

Someone sure hit the jackpot finding one of these though, I cant imagine many of them will surface


and soon after that all the Singed fakes will pop up. lol
Post 394 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$10,000 for a 1 of 250 signed item?

I guess my 1 of 1 loot crate cast signed statue must be worth over $50,000 now according to this guy's logic.




Post 395 • IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion

so its OK for the people selling fake ones to make money. lol


No one said that. We're saying why blame this Negan Grimes guy because people are selling fakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion

am not even a rick & Morty fan, i wasn't even looking for this booklet just got lucky.


Haha. No, you didn't get lucky, you jumped on the band wagon after Negan Grimes announced it.
Post 396 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yo @jimmylinguini

Why did you take down the original article discussing the Good Morty at your CBSI facebook page?
Post 397 • IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Small world Kap. I’m pretty sure I was just a few people behind you at that signing.

Great choice by the way with the statue!
Post 398 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I bought it from someone who won the panel signing lottery. They sent me photos in a photo album, and even the sd memory card with the photos on it, too. Totally cool
Post 399 • IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice. The amount of people that showed up hoping to get into that signing was incredible. So glad I decided to get to the signing as early as I did.
Post 400 • IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Haha. No, you didn't get lucky, you jumped on the band wagon after Negan Grimes announced it.


his brain is getting smaller ever time he post something lol

lol you need to do your home work and go back to read all the posts, show just how much you know, lol

jump on the banwagon. lol your so funny, if you say so.
Post 401 • IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion

am not even a rick & Morty fan, i wasn't even looking for this booklet just got lucky.
Post 402 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Cak why don't you just contact CGC?

You've brought up the same point how many times now?

When the information came out from Negan Grimes I contacted people I knew at CGC and verified the information. But of course I'm in on pump and dump, right?


I never said you were on the pump and dump.
Post 403 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Let's not get this one locked!
Post 404 • IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Be extra careful, the threadlockers are off of suspension today.
Post 405 • IP   flag post
139145 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.
destitute