Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes I think are all fake and Justin and Dan have been laughing at us for weeks after waiting years for this moment.
Post 351 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
Sometimes I think are all fake and Justin and Dan have been laughing at us for weeks after waiting years for this moment.

They are not that complicated. It takes them 3 months to politely and respectfully argue over one joke on a singular episode.
Post 352 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wut is that on your avatar? is that chicken? is that a wing dipped in wing sauce?
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Garnett21k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

IKR!!! All fake! Justin and Dan! We're not worthy! *Bows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
wut is that on your avatar? is that chicken? is that a wing dipped in wing sauce?

I'd like to think it's a drummet in Szechuan Sauce! 😂
Post 354 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Don’t be so quick to jump ship just yet. The Tick ashcans can be made by just about anyone with a printer, seriously.

I personally do not think the Good Morty’s can be reproduced so easily, that’s why I’m hopeful. 🤞
Post 355 IP   flag post

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

No other giveaways that I can think of had the significance of this first appearance. Therefore, they would not really be on anyone's radar over the years.

However, as @Garnett21k pointed out, it seems CGC has been aware of this for a while now. So one would think they would have a genuine specimen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnett21k

In CGC's case, omitting "First Appearance of Rick and Morty" from R&M #1 seemed like a conscious decision due to them being aware that The Good Morty was the first appearance in a comic.
Post 356 IP   flag post
Quote:

It is indeed a chicken wing.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I hope it's nothing political 😬
Post 358 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I feel I have to point out something fairly obvious to me. This is a BOOKLET that came with a DVD or Blu-Ray!! Has CGC or CBCS EVER graded a DVD booklet??

This THIS T H I S.

It's a stupid booklet and not a comic book. It's not an ashcan either so get over it butt hurt RAM fans.
Post 359 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck

My avatar has absolutely nothing to do with anything political.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Gotcha. I'm neither "left-wing" nor "right-wing"
Post 361 IP   flag post
@dpiercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:
I feel I have to point out something fairly obvious to me. This is a BOOKLET that came with a DVD or Blu-Ray!! Has CGC or CBCS EVER graded a DVD booklet??

This THIS T H I S.

It's a stupid booklet and not a comic book. It's not an ashcan either so get over it butt hurt RAM fans.

Why so upset about this? CGC HAS graded a DVD booklet before. They have also graded cereal box booklets.

The important thing here is that it's a first appearance, and CGC has acknowledged the fact.
Post 362 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Could be Kentucky.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
They dropped the ball! Take CGC for instance, they knew about this since they consciously left out "First Appearance of Rick and Morty" on R&M #1! You can't tell me that they been waiting to hear from Adult Swim and Warner Bros for the past 3 years!

You really think that's the case, though?

I mean, do you think the reason CGC doesn't label *these* as the first app. of Beavis & Butthead or Ren & Stimpy is because there's some heretofore unknown booklet type things for both that they've been waiting 20 years to get a copy?

Post 364 IP   flag post
@robertofredrico

Curious, what do you think the reason is that CGC doesn't label *these* as the first app. of Beavis & Butthead or Ren & Stimpy?
Post 365 IP   flag post

Post 366 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@robertofredrico

Curious, what do you think the reason is that CGC doesn't label *these* as the first app. of Beavis & Butthead or Ren & Stimpy?

It may just may be that it hasn’t been requested by anyone yet.
Post 367 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This literally proves nothing.

Some dude calling himself "NeganGrimes" posts up that on CBSI, which is a comic speculation board, " I just got word from a CGC rep that "Good Morty" is now being labeled as the 1st Appearance Of Rick & Morty by CGC."

This qoute gets posted on Facebook, starting a hype train and than raw copies of "Good Morty"'s sell for hundreds of dollars overnight.

"NeganGrimes" could very well just have had a stack of Good Morty's, and thought of a way to cash in.

CGC has NOT substantiated this statement by "NeganGrimes" to be factual.

All that everyone is going off of is a phone call that may or may not have actually occured.
Post 368 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
I have what I hope is a really copy that was received on 10/23 by CGC with Modern Fast Track. I have my fingers crossed that it will be graded and we could put at least some of this to rest.
Post 369 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55
I have what I hope is a really copy that was received on 10/23 by CGC with Modern Fast Track. I have my fingers crossed that it will be graded and we could put at least some of this to rest.

This is my point.

You apparently subbed this book to CGC without confirmation that CGC will even grade this book, at all.

As far as I can see, there has been no evidence posted that CGC knew of this book for "3 years" nor that CGC actively chose not to label Rick & Morty #1 as the "1st Appearance Of Rick & Morty".
Post 370 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
This book has been out for three years now, a big grading company should a have their own genuine specimen to grade off of by now.

Prior to 10/10/2017 nobody even knew about the Good Morty booklet. If you are a big Rick and Morty fan, you know about it and seek out the season 1 dvd sets like I did...but no one knew yet about it being the true first appearance though, either. There was no desire from the grading companies or thought of submitting this as a legit comic book.

Is the reason why you're pushing so hard for this to be graded and your "research" on the book to be accepted as fact is because you've got money in this?
Post 371 IP   flag post
Quote:
@dpiercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:

This THIS T H I S.

Why so upset about this? CGC HAS graded a DVD booklet before. They have also graded cereal box booklets.

The important thing here is that it's a first appearance, and CGC has acknowledged the fact.

Where has CGC acknowledged this bolded statement as a matter of fact?

I haven't looked at the CGC Forums in a couple of days, but the last time I checked, CGC has not made any public statement regarding Good Morty books, at all.

I posted this lack of actual written word from CGC, in the first Good Morty thread on this forum , a couple weeks ago.

My posting was largely ignored.

I will admit that I rolled the dice on 2 blu-ray sets...the eBay seller I bought them from (under $15 each BIN) is no longer a registered eBay user.

I still have those 2 worthless Good Morty's, I started a chargeback/return request a few days ago.

I bought 2 more of them from what appeared to be a legit seller last week, at about $30 per DVD...they were delivered on Saturday, I haven't even opened up the packages yet.

Odds are I will be sending those 2 back, as well.
Post 372 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Its all pointless now until we hear directly from Steve R. He has a real one and a fake one to compare.

If they are different enough, CBCS will grade them. If they are too similar, we are all fkd. We shall see!
Post 373 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Quote:
This book has been out for three years now, a big grading company should a have their own genuine specimen to grade off of by now.

Prior to 10/10/2017 nobody even knew about the Good Morty booklet. If you are a big Rick and Morty fan, you know about it and seek out the season 1 dvd sets like I did...but no one knew yet about it being the true first appearance though, either. There was no desire from the grading companies or thought of submitting this as a legit comic book.

Is the reason why you're pushing so hard for this to be graded and your "research" on the book to be accepted as fact is because you've got money in this?

Yeah, I've got loads of money put into this. lulz.
Post 374 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
This is obvs not about the loot, anyone following this can see that.

Hell, we have purchased fake books. Purchased. Fakes. With real dollars.
Post 375 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids

Maybe the phrasing is confusing.

It's a fact that this book predates any other appearance (unless you know of something else, I'm listening). CGC acknowledged this to a fellow collector, let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear back from the grading companies.

Since CGC doesn't label Rick and Morty as a first appearance, perhaps they are considering the Good Morty.

I do however, realize some people have jumped the gun on this book and now it's getting frustrating.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
After getting one in for grading, it was determined that the booklet is too easy to reproduce, so CBCS will not be grading them at this time. We already had this rule in place for similar items.

I do have the copies that Scorpion sent in. I'll do an analysis on them and let you guys know what I find.

Sorry for jumping the gun. We couldn't make a determination for sure until we had one in hand.

I'm calling you out, Steve. It's easy to reproduce. But it's easier to tell a fake from a real one.

Lame. I guess I know where to go from here on out.

Moving on, I guess.

KaptainMyke:

The two sentences you typed after you "called Steve out" , contradicts your very own assertion in the 15 words that you typed.

You even agreed with Steve's assessment that the booklets would be easy to reproduce.

So, if the books are easy to reproduce, declaring one version over another to be "easy enough" as a "real or fake", is an oxymoron.

It is certainly clear that many Good Morty books came out of bootlegged DVD and Blu-Ray's.

It is certainly much less clear, other than the 250 copies signed by Roland and crew which were announced by Roland in 2014 via a promotional Facebook post from Roland's Facebook account, that any other legitimate copies were printed, and apparently some legit copies do exist.

There may be legitimate copies out there beyond, but that cannot be accepted as fact, as of yet.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55

This is my point.

You apparently subbed this book to CGC without confirmation that CGC will even grade this book, at all.

As far as I can see, there has been no evidence posted that CGC knew of this book for "3 years" nor that CGC actively chose not to label Rick & Morty #1 as the "1st Appearance Of Rick & Morty".

Agreed and that is why I am saying when my grades pop for this sub we will have some additional answers and can eliminate some of this speculation
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids

Maybe the phrasing is confusing.

It's a fact that this book predates any other appearance (unless you know of something else, I'm listening). CGC acknowledged this to a fellow collector, let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear back from the grading companies.

Since CGC doesn't label Rick and Morty as a first appearance, perhaps they are considering the Good Morty.

I do however, realize some people have jumped the gun on this book and now it's getting frustrating.

It is a fact that this book pre-dates any othertt appearances of R & M.

As far as giving a "fellow collector" the benefit of the doubt.....in most cases, if this individual was actually a fellow collector, sure.

Given the circumstances i.e. the thousands of cumulative dollars that actual fellow collectors have spent on Good Morty books.... giving whomever posted under that "NeganGrimes" account, any benefit of the doubt seems to be ....well, exactly what got this situation where it currently stands.

If there was not a slew of people who have spent hundreds of dollars of real money, on what may turn out to be worthless paper......okay,sure. But that is not the case.

Draw your own conclusions on the peril of giving some random dude, calling himself "NeganGrimes",any benefit of the doubt.

Again, we have no proof that CGC acknowledged anything.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CaptainCanuck

My avatar has absolutely nothing to do with anything political.

I choose pizza over fried chicken, any day of the week.
Post 380 IP   flag post
600839 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.