CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Fingers crossed Steve finds evidence that is the definitive enough for CBCS!

Agreed. I do not know if Steve looked at my article. But for the sake of checking all loose ends, he should definitely read it. (please)

Great job kaptain, shrewbeer, scorpion, and the multples of other contributing Columbos that solved this case. You or someone should PM Steve your link. I believe it is the current best reference that ties everything together. 👑🏆🍺
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this just yet, but currently we are not encapsulating "The Good Morty" book.

There are to many variables to account for with to little information surrounding the book currently.

Didn't Ricketts say these were gradable in the other Good Morty thread? I remember him saying something along the lines of how cool one of the 250 signed editions would look with a verified label?
Post 252 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Quote:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this just yet, but currently we are not encapsulating "The Good Morty" book.

There are to many variables to account for with to little information surrounding the book currently.

Didn't Ricketts say these were gradable in the other Good Morty thread? I remember him saying something along the lines of how cool one of the 250 signed editions would look with a verified label?

Maybe that was before Columbrah and Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys came on the scene.
Post 253 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I do recall that, actually.

Post 254 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe that was before Columbrah and Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys came on the scene.

Post 255 IP   flag post

Post 256 IP   flag post

Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Justin will be at C2E2 next year!
Post 258 IP   flag post
Yessssss
Post 259 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
And Kyle Starks, Do you go to C2E2 Myke? It's the only one I go to because my friends take me and I have a lot of fun
Post 260 IP   flag post
No I send my books to @TrinityComics
Post 261 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE>

Well he's looking at them. am getting the popcorn out.
Post 262 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Woohoo!
Post 263 IP   flag post

Post 264 IP   flag post
so how long, is asap, exactly? 1 week? 1 day? Now it's the weekend.
Post 265 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector Garnett21k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
so how long, is asap, exactly? 1 week? 1 day? Now it's the weekend.

I was wondering the same thing! 😂😂😂
Can't wait to hear what he has to say about it!
Post 267 IP   flag post

Post 268 IP   flag post

Post 269 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
After getting one in for grading, it was determined that the booklet is too easy to reproduce, so CBCS will not be grading them at this time. We already had this rule in place for similar items.

I do have the copies that Scorpion sent in. I'll do an analysis on them and let you guys know what I find.

Sorry for jumping the gun. We couldn't make a determination for sure until we had one in hand.
Post 270 IP   flag post

Post 271 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
After getting one in for grading, it was determined that the booklet is too easy to reproduce, so CBCS will not be grading them at this time. We already had this rule in place for similar items.

I do have the copies that Scorpion sent in. I'll do an analysis on them and let you guys know what I find.

Sorry for jumping the gun. We couldn't make a determination for sure until we had one in hand.

Here's hoping the one you made that determination from was a fake, and when you see the real one things will make better sense
Post 272 IP   flag post
I get what you're saying Steve and I definitely don't know enough regarding company policy there. Just seems like with a more thorough analysis along with working with the actual publisher, one should be able to make a determination as far as authenticity. I mean, fiber, ink, quality, etc... I get that those things can take time, just seems that you can spot the fakes as determined here for the most part. The ones that pass the eye test then subjected to more scrutiny should lead to a definitive conclusion.

That's quite disappointing. What about one of the 250 signed ones? I would think those would be a lot more tricky to reproduce and for the most part the signatures should be fairly easy to authenticate.

Not questioning your expertise, just me thinking out loud on the matter mostly is all!
Post 273 IP   flag post
Note:I know the signed ones are the same book, I meant tricky to reproduce as in stamped and signed
Post 274 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Pickle Rick is not impressed.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
This position makes sense. These booklets look like they were cheaply made to begin with, so they are probably easy to reproduce.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I should note that by "this position," I am referring to the post by @SteveRicketts.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

I'm calling you out, Steve. It's easy to reproduce. But it's easier to tell a fake from a real one.

Lame. I guess I know where to go from here on out.

Moving on, I guess.
Post 278 IP   flag post
So did any of us decide what to determine about the MADMAN edition of these books? I have another random person emailing me asking if his is real because he paid $150 Australian Dollars for his.

Post 279 IP   flag post
Pretty sure madman was just distributor in Australia, so it should be real considering that the madman stamp was the only thing available in Australia
Post 280 IP   flag post
597867 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.