Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good Morty Thead Redux- PLEASE Be Civil4650

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
It's been a really fun thread/trip. I'd hate to be the guy holding that $200 bag, unfortunately we know there are plenty of them.... A moment of silence for our porked comrades 😞

We are oh-so-close to concluding, but Its not *entirely over; as Steve's yet to weigh in on his insights.

yes cant Waite, to see what he say about this. @kaptainmyke great write up ,
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Garnett21k private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys!

Just wanted to say how awesome of a job by everyone in cracking this case wide open! Been creeping since the beginning, but finally registered and able to post! Way to gather plenty of evidence! I love the side by side comparisons! It definitely helps tremendously! I really enjoy the theories as well! This has been both very informative and entertaining! Great write-up, KaptainMyke!

Shrewbeer, showing those 3 side by side really helps show the real one vs the fakes! Nice!
Post 227 IP   flag post
I bought one off Ebay (which now I'm convinced it fake)on 10/14 and sent it off to CGC as soon as I got it on 10/16. CGC got it on 10/18. I did FastTrack Modern. I'm hoping to hear back two weeks from now, but who knows!

Before I bought it, I asked the seller and he said :

" actually don't know anything about fakes or bootlegs. I have had my blurays for a while now so the comic should be real. I haven't seen any that look different then my comic. I will package it secure and it should go out by tomorrow thanks."

He wasn't selling any other ones and seems like a legit good seller, 100% with 755. Mostly selling toys and comic books, vintage stuff, so my radar was somewhat muted.

In hindsight, I should have asked for more pictures and pictures of the bluray packaging as well.

Here are the front and back of the one I sent off:

I got 180 days with PayPal buyer protection, so I figure I'd wait for CGC to get back to me. Will definitely keep you guys posted!
Post 228 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Garnett21k lots of people got screwed in this deal, and they are STILL being sold. 99% of the sellers have no idea they are selling fakes though, so it's tough to blame anyone.

Your Morty looks to have black hair, and double staples. It will be interesting to see what CGC does with your book, as they may not be creeping this forum 😁
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
Did we use the words Morty Gate yet ?
Post 230 IP   flag post

Quote:
@Garnett21k lots of people got screwed in this deal, and they are STILL being sold. 99% of the sellers have no idea they are selling fakes though, so it's tough to blame anyone.

Your Morty looks to have black hair, and double staples. It will be interesting to see what CGC does with your book, as they may not be creeping this forum 😁

I know! It's crazy! I honestly don't think the guy who sold it to me had any idea that it was even possible.

2 staples! Yes! Sadness! haha I wish I had taken photos when it arrived. I was in a rush to send it off. The pics were from his original listing which were consistent with what arrived.

Definitely interested in what CGC has to say. I tell you what, unless they are in direct contact with Dan and Justin, maybe they ought to creep in this forum!
Post 231 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
Did we use the words Morty Gate yet ?

We will when CGC starts grading all the fakes as real 😁
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector Krazyflipz private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still in search of a single staple copy if anyone happens to have an extra one. I bought a DVD off Ebay a while ago but the version that came with it was a 2 staple version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
If I forgot about anyone during this investigation in my article, please speak up!

I don't think you used anything I posted but please feel free to use/add my timeline to your write up if you think it would add additional context/information to what you've already put together.

Quote:
We will when CGC starts grading all the fakes as real 😁

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if CGC/CBCS has already sent out graded version of the 2 staple comic before all these issues with fakes started. It will be very interesting to see if anyone who sent out the comics ASAP get back graded 2 staples.
Post 233 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyflipz
Quote:
If I forgot about anyone during this investigation in my article, please speak up!

I don't think you used anything I posted but please feel free to use/add my timeline to your write up if you think it would add additional context/information to what you've already put together.

I got you, brah. Updated this morning! With the youtube videos you supplied as early unboxing videos from late 2015
Post 234 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh god i got another update from bigrig this morning too:

So... CGC started this entire rabbit hole and now they aren't even sure how to proceed forward and grade these comic books?
Post 235 IP   flag post
Comicbookrealm.com updated their site to match my article and how to determine fakes!

SWEET!

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/37587/0/rick-and-morty-the-good-morty-one-shot
Post 236 IP   flag post
UPDATE:

In light of the info that CGC is waiting on Adult Swim and Warner Bros. I called to ask if they could just return mine to me so I can file a claim with Ebay/Paypal/Seller. They said they would!

They said they could return it. All they need was an email stating that you want it returned unencapsulated. I emailed this guy Matt at CGC(I guess they wanted it documented with an email)

Basically I'm on the hook for the shipping, but will get re-imbursed for the grading cost! I originally have it coming back USPS, but asked if it's at all possible to send it UPS since it's cheaper. He said he forwarded the request to the shipping dept. We will see!
Post 237 IP   flag post
Quote:
Comicbookrealm.com updated their site to match my article and how to determine fakes!

SWEET!

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/37587/0/rick-and-morty-the-good-morty-one-shot

nice was at $8, and now price say &150.00
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
oh god i got another update from bigrig this morning too:

So... CGC started this entire rabbit hole and now they aren't even sure how to proceed forward and grade these comic books?

They are likely just dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s. I doubt either company wants to make an error with this book knowing they are going to be graded by both companies shortly...or I hope so anyway.

I’m glad they reached out to Warner Brothers. Hopefully the response completely eliminates any reason of doubt which ones are real and which ones are fake. Yet at this point I’m not sure we need to hear it from them.

Thanks again Kap for the article, and to everyone else who has helped out!
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
So was this whole thing solved? Is it safe to return and post again and not receive 10+ emails an hour of replies because I forgot to unsubscribe from the thread?!
Post 240 IP   flag post
Yes, it had been solved: http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/goodmorty/goodmorty.htm

I also added Scorpion to the list of detectives. Thanks guys!
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
This makes me happy because you all are happy! I wonder if there are any still left out there in book shops or other shops that sell the DVD for Season 1?
Post 242 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this just yet, but currently we are not encapsulating "The Good Morty" book.

There are to many variables to account for with to little information surrounding the book currently.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
This makes me happy because you all are happy! I wonder if there are any still left out there in book shops or other shops that sell the DVD for Season 1?

you can get lucky like i did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
you will not find this at big stores, as they where the first print of the DVD, you can get lucky at a mom & pop shop that sell old books and DVD. i was one of the lucky ones, i have proof that these can still be found today, look at the date on the recite. 10/13/2017 is when i bought this used, i was able to open the DVD as it was not seal to see if the book was there,load & behold..

17 days ago Post 216 • IP flag post

Post 244 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this just yet, but currently we are not encapsulating "The Good Morty" book.

There are to many variables to account for with to little information surrounding the book currently.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

DAM YOU MORTY.
Post 245 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
I wonder if there are any still left out there in book shops or other shops that sell the DVD for Season 1?

Yes. Look at pawn shops, local used bookstores, etc. Unsuspecting ebay sellers who do not sell just movies on their ebay stores.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Quote:

But - Now you (CBCS) know the variables, Jake. It's easy now when comparing to others side by side. Now that we all know what to look for , it's now easy to spot the fakes in photos on ebay or facebook. (For me anyway)
Post 247 IP   flag post
Quote:

According to tracking, you guys got the two copies today. Fingers crossed Steve finds evidence that is the definitive enough for CBCS!
Post 248 IP   flag post
Quote:
Fingers crossed Steve finds evidence that is the definitive enough for CBCS!

Agreed. I do not know if Steve looked at my article. But for the sake of checking all loose ends, he should definitely read it. (please)
Post 249 IP   flag post

anybody need a dvd set of Rick and Morty I can sell them on the cheap lulz
Post 250 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Fingers crossed Steve finds evidence that is the definitive enough for CBCS!

Agreed. I do not know if Steve looked at my article. But for the sake of checking all loose ends, he should definitely read it. (please)

Great job kaptain, shrewbeer, scorpion, and the multples of other contributing Columbos that solved this case. You or someone should PM Steve your link. I believe it is the current best reference that ties everything together. 👑🏆🍺
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Didn't Ricketts say these were gradable in the other Good Morty thread? I remember him saying something along the lines of how cool one of the 250 signed editions would look with a verified label?
Post 252 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Quote:

Didn't Ricketts say these were gradable in the other Good Morty thread? I remember him saying something along the lines of how cool one of the 250 signed editions would look with a verified label?

Maybe that was before Columbrah and Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys came on the scene.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I do recall that, actually.

Post 254 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe that was before Columbrah and Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys came on the scene.

Post 255 IP   flag post
600874 571 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.