Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

How Would This Affect Grade4618

Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
I have a book with only this defect that I can tell. Generally, how would this affect the grade since it appears to be color breaking?

Thanks for any info you can give.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
color breaks are significant
Post 2 IP   flag post
So, let's say this was a 9.6 or 9.8 otherwise, this would significantly drop it down?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
yes
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@MarcJ need to see a more overall picture, that is REALLY zoomed in. They look like they are small, I've seen 9.4s otherwise perfect with tiny ones, but thats sure to be your ceiling.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Here is a larger image.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Needs a press for that slight spine curl bump. The 2 knicks will probably give it a 9.4 or 9.6, assuming there are no other defects on the book. How's the back?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
9.2-9.4, and like kap said that slight roll needs to go away
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector adampasz private msg quote post Address this user
If I were selling raw, I would call it 9.2, to be safe, even if there are no other noticeable flaws on the book. If you submit maybe you luck out and get a 9.4 or 9.6, but maybe not...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yeah, that was my concern too. I'd get it pressed but would like to get a 9.6. If that is out of reach, I'll pass.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Barring other warts I will say 9.4.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
It also depends on how far those color breaks go on the back cover. It would be hard to assign a grade without seeing the adjacent back cover.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600855 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?