Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Black Panther Trailer4613

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It's got some thick African accents. I may need subtitles. It looks good, I just wish it wasn't so dark in most of the action scenes.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I'm ready!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It's gonna be great!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Say the new trailer. Not really looking forward to it. Not sure why but just can't get excited for it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only one who finds it funny that a movie about an African Prince, has hip hop background music?

I mean, he is called the BLACK Panther. His suit is BLACK, the actor is BLACK, and the movie is very dark. Did they also need to do hip hop music to make us understand that this is an African superhero?

Too funny. I almost typed African-American superhero.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Looks cool. Funny Easter egg. The mother was also the mother of Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America", lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa Interesting! Her husband in Coming to America (James Earl Jones) also played her husband in the Lion King. So I guess she's three times a queen.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Guess there is only a few actors who can play African Royalty
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak As a fan of both BP and hip-hop/rap, I don't feel like its out of place. The fact is, hip-hop/rap are as mainstream these days as rock and roll so using it to hype the film isn't surprising at all. If you are expecting to hear African music, I have a pretty good feeling you will when you see the film.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Looks cool. Funny Easter egg. The mother was also the mother of Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America", lol.

You are mistaken... Angela Bassett is the Queen Mother in Black Panther. Madge Sinclair was the queen in Coming to America and the Lion King.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600782 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?