Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

The Batman Who Laughs...1st Appearance?!4587

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i think it's metal 2 and teen titans 12
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The Batman Who Laughs makes a horrifying, cannibalistic debut Sep 13, 2017, 4:25pm EDT
Post 27 IP   flag post
Synopsis for "Dark Days: The Casting" This book was first published on July 12, 2017.

There's the answer. I guess.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The Batman Who Laughs makes a horrifying, cannibalistic debut Sep 13, 2017, 4:25pm EDT

OK, then I'm good. Thanks! So, I just need to have all of them. It looks like he might be in a dream in the Casting.
Post 29 IP   flag post
ugggh great i had to go buy that one too.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
ugggh great i had to go buy that one too.

Let me look at a copy and I'll get back to you. That way you aren't buying something you don't need too. I'll let you know before Monday
Post 31 IP   flag post
too late you're too slow, brah
Post 32 IP   flag post
Which variant covers did you purchase? The Lee, Romita, Kubert, or all three?
Post 33 IP   flag post
regular version, didn't really care
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Metal and TT came out same day, metal is a big dramatic last page cameo, and, metal comes first in the story. TT is a full appearance tho.

So idfk but those are the books lol
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Metal and TT came out same day, metal is a big dramatic last page cameo, and, metal comes first in the story. TT is a full appearance tho.

So idfk but those are the books lol

Has does The Casting fit in%?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Looks like the casting did show him (albeit very little, the image below is it).

In chronological order:
-Casting is 1st shadow cameo
- Metal 2 is first full cameo, or whatever we wanna call it (nice crisp big image on last page.
-TT12 is full story

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Casting is probably worth the cover price just for the background story leading up to metal, but it's not what I'd consider a key and doubt it'll ever increase in value unless it's for some other reason. I still like TT 12 as he's on the cover and it's not just a cameo.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone see Jim Lee's drawing of the character on youtube? He has a bunch online and debuts them on twitch. So cool, and seems like an extremely nice guy too. Very talented.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
B.W.L. #1 realease date 11/15

Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nOnly
B.W.L. #1 realease date 11/15

Is this the regular/foil stamped cover? I believe it is. I'm somewhat surprised there haven't been multiple variant covers being advertised for this issue, seeing as how it'll be very anticipated...I believe it will finally reveal the origin of bwl.
Post 41 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Let's wait and see where the guys across the street land on this and when THEY decide what they want the first appearance to be they'll let us know.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Side note - I enjoyed seeing Morpheus pop up in this event.
Post 43 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Scott Snyder‏
Following @Ssnyder1835

DEFINITELY read DCMetal #2 first, as it sets up Gotham Resistance. GR is all about how the Dark Knights take over Gotham w/its great vilains
2:31 PM - 8 Sep 2017
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Metal 2 was his first appearance and TT 12 was his "horrifying" Robins debut... If Metal 2 was another cameo, then it makes the TT12 that much of a bigger issue for people to track down.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Casting is probably worth the cover price just for the background story leading up to metal, but it's not what I'd consider a key and doubt it'll ever increase in value unless it's for some other reason. I still like TT 12 as he's on the cover and it's not just a cameo.

That's OK, but which is the first cameo? We have three different books. The Casting seems to show him in a dream and that came out first. Also, who decides all of this? DC, the creators, who?

I know the fans decide what book tends to get collected and holds the most value, Hulk 181 va Hulk 180. I'm not interested in that. I'm looking at it from a purest view.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@Towmater The picture I posted of his shadow is your first if you want strictly purist 1st
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@Towmater The picture I posted of his shadow is your first if you want strictly purist 1st

Hard there, though... You see sometimes things are listed so and so "in shadows". If we're just getting a look at their form and have no clue who the characters are, can we count it? By the time Metal 2 and TT 12 were coming out (a few weeks before), people, including I, were posting around to buy those two issues specifically for the Batman who laughs debut. I guess time will tell on the industry perception. Anyway, though, a lot of people missed the Casting, and a lot happened in there, so the book will stick around as a must have regardless.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
At least from CGC we can rule out TT 12 or they just have not recognized him...yet:

Dark Knight Metals 2 also does not have any reference to The Batman Who Laughs 1st appearance.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I don't read Judge Dredd but I found these covers interesting. Dark Judges from a parallel universe with one judge resembling joker.

Post 50 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE That would be Judge Death. I noticed the similarity as well in the other thread when he was first revealed
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Judge Death and the other judge in the back with the wings on the helmet and grill for a smile.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
At least from CGC we can rule out TT 12 or they just have not recognized him...yet:

This is why I'll wait a while until we see where this character goes. CGC and likely cbcs will not add reference to the character until he is "label worthy"...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
This is why I'll wait a while until we see where this character goes. CGC and likely cbcs will not add reference to the character until he is "label worthy"...

You're totally right... If they end up killing half of the new Dark Nights Batmen off at the end of the storyline, a lot of these characters are worthless... That's probably why the references aren't there. If they integrate them, or new series, like the new Challengers of the Unknown, end up delving into the Dark 52 and these characters more and THEIR worlds, good stuff.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
PGX has TT#12 labeled as the 1st App. .... just providing info not saying they are the end all. :P
Post 55 IP   flag post
597866 165 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?