Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

When Will We See The New Mutants Trailer?4576

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Tomorrow.

The answer is tomorrow! Trailer drops on 10/13/17 Josh Boone announced today via Instagram. Full trailer, sizzle reel or teaser remains to be seen but we'll surely get something good tomorrow.

The last thread was archived, let's use this to discuss the trailer when we see it.

Personally, I can't wait! I love the New Mutants. I'm excited to see Magik on screen.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
What!!!!!! Didn't know that, pumped for this trailer
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Deadpoolica Same here, man. This is one of my most anticipated movies for 2018
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Excittteeee. However this could either make or break some books depending how it looks. I’ll always love Cable and Warlock though! I was honestly hoping they’d save it till after Deadpool 2 to include some of the old with the new but meh ill take whatever.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Are we underwhelmed, overwhelmed or “meh”?? I’d like to see maybe a bit more use of some powers and maybe what’s at stake before I sign all the way up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

It's got me interested. Though I will admit that as it stands, it could pretty much be advertising any horror movie as there isn't much to set it apart as a "mutants" movie but I'd becurious about that movie even without the mutants.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, at least it's making some of the books go up in value.

This will be a big pass for me as a fan of the original series when it started.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Is CBCS able to slab copies of Marvel Graphic Novel 4? If this is a hit movie then that book might might suddenly be a hot ticket for grading and slabbing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Is CBCS able to slab copies of Marvel Graphic Novel 4? If this is a hit movie then that book might might suddenly be a hot ticket for grading and slabbing.

Are you being sarcastic? This book has been pretty hot for a while now. A 9.8 ( Canadian edition ) just sold on Clink for over 1k.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I'm betting on Demon Bear... issue 18. I could be wrong!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

Are you being sarcastic? This book has been pretty hot for a while now. A 9.8 ( Canadian edition ) just sold on Clink for over 1k.

No, I asked a legitimate question in reference to a book that is magazine size. I was under the impression that CBCS didn't slab books that size. If they grade them, then I'd like to know when that started. I missed that announcement.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Current max size at CBCS is 7.625" x 10.5"
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

No, I asked a legitimate question in reference to a book that is magazine size. I was under the impression that CBCS didn't slab books that size. If they grade them, then I'd like to know when that started. I missed that announcement.

I guess I took you too literally when you said it might suddenly become a hot ticket for grading and slabbing. Slabbed, graded books are already a hot ticket, they just happen to be CGC books. Those early Marvel graphic novels are essentially the same size as magazines and as of now CBCS doesn’t slab those, so you didn’t miss the announcement. My bad.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
I'm really diggin the horror vibe to the trailer....very pumped for this movie now 😱😍
Post 14 IP   flag post
I think it's funny. The movie hasn't even dropped a full trailer and 3 of the Marvel Graphic Novels I put on my watch list disappeared today. I just wanted to see how quickly they would move and sure enough. Not only that the big cats with the 9.8s are asking over a Grand now too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
I think it's funny. The movie hasn't even dropped a full trailer and 3 of the Marvel Graphic Novels I put on my watch list disappeared today. I just wanted to see how quickly they would move and sure enough. Not only that the big cats with the 9.8s are asking over a Grand now too.

Like Logan510 posted, this book has been a big ticket since the announcement of a NM movie being slated for production, a couple of years ago.

I have 2 raw copies that may come back at 9.8's, after being slabbed. I bought both about a year before any movie announcement was made....so I have next to nothing tied up in either book.

One was a BIN, the other was an auction...I paid less than $20 a piece, shipped.

I will sub them for grading in a couple of weeks, I should have had them graded 2 years ago and listed each slab, one at a time and waited to get a GPA high on the first, than repeated with the second.

Going to press them both, before subbing them but pressing cardstock covers can only do so much i.e. very little.

That is why the gap between a 9.6 and a 9.8, is so much wider than most copper keys, in traditional comic book format.

The card stock black cover is also an issue with finger prints, once they are there, they (almost invariably, cannot be removed via dry cleaning.

On the upside, if you get a 9.6 , as the book trends over a grand in 9.8, the price in 9.6 will increase because it will be viewed, relatively, as a bargain in 9.6.

In short, it is no surprise that the trailers release spurred an upticks in sales.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
For those looking to speculate on the comics IMDB has the following characters in the movie:

Maisie Williams ... Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane
Anya Taylor-Joy ... Illyana Rasputin / Magik
Charlie Heaton ... Sam Guthrie / Cannonball
Henry Zaga ... Sunspot / Roberto da Costa
Blu Hunt ... Danielle Moonstar / Mirage

All of the New Mutants from the movie first appeared in Marvel Graphic Novel (1982) #4 with the exception of Magik who first appeared in Giant Size X-Men # 1 (Magik did not appear in the New Mutants graphic novel). She does not appear in costume until New Mutants # 14.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids and it's the dreaded black front and back cover Hard to pull NM+ on those.

@drchaos
Well I read yesterday on IGN as they interviewed the Director that it's going to be a trilogy. If that's the case I wouldn't doubt if they end up pulling even more of them into the fray. Maybe I should grab this now???
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I snatched up my share of NM 14. I really like the Magik character. I hope they give her a giant sword.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids and it's the dreaded black front and back cover Hard to pull NM+ on those.

@drchaos
Well I read yesterday on IGN as they interviewed the Director that it's going to be a trilogy. If that's the case I wouldn't doubt if they end up pulling even more of them into the fray. Maybe I should grab this now???

If it is a trilogy and does well then Marvel Graphic Novel 4 is gonna jump each time a new one comes out. Have to send my copy to be graded and get rid of it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Towmater Ye I also feel like this book is not that high of a print run. I haven’t checked the Census but there are maybe 30 on the bay which isnt much. I wonder if most are holding and in the process of grading or the run just isn’t that high.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Towmater Ye I also feel like this book is not that high of a print run. I haven’t checked the Census but there are maybe 30 on the bay which isnt much. I wonder if most are holding and in the process of grading or the run just isn’t that high.

Possible for sure. I do know that one time it was a sought after book and then it fell off the map. I never got into that team when it first arrived.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Ah ha!!! Check this article out... Demon Bear it is! Go and track down your NM 18's if you haven't already. Mine, signed by Bill Sienkiewicz is getting slabbed right now. Won't be a super high grade, but I don't care.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-mutants-trailer-is-inspired-by-groundbreaking-marvel-comic-run-1048805
Post 23 IP   flag post
About a year ago this (link below) leaked. This is about when you should have started buying MGN4, NM14, NM18-20 and your character keys. Now is the time to sell, prices are already going up! A lot of these (not MGN) were dollar bin books a year ago

Anyway, check out this cool storyboard animatic of the demon bear saga

New Mutants Leaked Animatic.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
About a year ago this (link below) leaked. This is about when you should have started buying MGN4, NM14, NM18-20 and your character keys. Now is the time to sell, prices are already going up! A lot of these (not MGN) were dollar bin books a year ago

Anyway, check out this cool storyboard animatic of the demon bear saga

New Mutants Leaked Animatic.

I never saw that!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
I never saw that!

It's pretty cool - I was super excited when I saw it. It's a rough outline but now we can apply the look and feel of the trailer to this story board and flesh it out a little more
Post 26 IP   flag post
You know, you wonder, if it’s a trilogy, and it does well, how far do these books take off?? Has any media propelled any minor keys into the stratosphere?? I mean you see the uptick with the announcement in the Venom movie, and you saw it with Deadpool. I just started watching this stuff is why I ask. In terms of books correlating with media and price fluctuations and stuff.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
New Mutants 2

Josh Boone told IGN that he hopes to introduce both Warlock and Karma in the sequel.

I will say we’re going to introduce new characters in the next movie as well. Characters like Karma and Warlock, and all that will be in future movies.
Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post
In March Matt Rosenberg will be penning a six issue mini series as well

Post 30 IP   flag post
601305 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?