CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

FS: Amazing Fantasy 15 CBCS 2.5 GORGEOUS4574

Collector jeranimal private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone knows the importance of this book

Beautiful unrestored copy
No marvel chipping
Cover is detached but in a slab, this book looks amazing!

Asking $17,500 / OBO

Added: Experienced seller on CGC boards and ebay. References available upon request.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@jeranimal nice looking book - couple of things. First of all - welcome to the Forum. Before you try to sell a 17.5k book on this Forum you might wish to establish a bit of credibility on the Forum first rather than as a first post.Personally I would be interested if not for the price and I don't know you. Also - to me a bit stingy to ask for reimbursement of PayPal fees when you are asking $17.5k for a book. Guess shipping cost is not incl. either
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice book 👍🏻GGGGLWTS
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@jeranimal nice looking book - couple of things. First of all - welcome to the Forum. Before you try to sell a 17.5k book on this Forum you might wish to establish a bit of credibility on the Forum first rather than as a first post.P Personally I would be interested if not for the price and I don't know you. Also - to me a bit stingy to ask for reimbursement of PayPal fees when you are asking $17.5k for a book. Guess shipping cost is not incl. either

Thanks for the advice. I'm not new to the boards - just don't post on here a lot. I'm an active member on ebay and that "other grading company's forum" site. 100% positive feedback and experience selling high value comics, including a TMNT #1 CGC 9.8. Plenty of references/kudos available.

I think alot of people who be interested if not for the price . It's my decision to request reimbursement for paypal fees as opposed to not making it an option at all. Time payments, paypal fees, and shipping expense are negotiable as part of the overall deal.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@jeranimal nice looking book - couple of things. First of all - welcome to the Forum. Before you try to sell a 17.5k book on this Forum you might wish to establish a bit of credibility on the Forum first rather than as a first post.Personally I would be interested if not for the price and I don't know you. Also - to me a bit stingy to ask for reimbursement of PayPal fees when you are asking $17.5k for a book. Guess shipping cost is not incl. either

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I agree on the paypal fees. It's the cost of doing business, brah
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, nice book! Wow, overpriced! Best of luck though.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not that I need to justify my asking price but the last two CGC 3.0 sales were $18,000 and $18,950.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Cover detached is also a deterrent I’m afraid. But you will sell it because I sold my Amazing Spiderman #1 VSP signed by Stan Lee CBCS 1.5 and it had covered detached and I still sold it for a really nice sum of $4,250 to a buyer in Canada and it was listed for about three months
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@jeranimal The difference between a 2.5 (the book you’re selling) and a 3.0 (the price you seem to be referencing) for this type of key is signfificant.

The last two CGC 2.5 sales were for $14300 and $14000 and the average over the last year is about $13,300
Post 11 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranimal
Not that I need to justify my asking price but the last two CGC 3.0 sales were $18,000 and $18,950.

Seriously, you don't need to justify it. You are more than welcome to ask whatever you want. After all, you own it. I'm sure most of us would like a copy but for me, it's just a little out of my monthly allotment and out of my reach
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd say your price is fair. Nobody is going to find another 2.5 that looks as good as yours (well maybe, but you get the point )
Post 13 IP   flag post
Exactly, which is why/how I sold mine for so much more than it's current graded value
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Your book isn’t cgc graded and it’s also not a 3.0. Since your here posting to pimp your book, welcome to the boards.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I think we are being kinda rude to him, right? I try to sell books on the forums myself too. It's not frowned upon. by the way, i'm selling a TMNT #1 first printing cgc 7.5 for $3850 if anyone's interested lol
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@jeranimal Welcome, beautiful book!

As far as the price goes, the last 3 months 2.5s have been selling for like $12,000 - $16,000 so $17,500 is a possibility you just might have to be patient.

The whole idea of the forums isn't to command retail prices(you can do that on eBay), it's to negotiate a fair price and avoid excessive 3rd party fees. You may need to knock off a couple thousand though.

Good luck man!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@jeranimal

Nice book, I wish you all the best in your sale. However, I ask respectfully why would you reference 3.0 stats when yours is a 2.5?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Chicago_Boy private msg quote post Address this user
That is a nice book ! Interested in trading for a low grade MEGA Key from the Golden Age ??
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I think we are being kinda rude to him, right? I try to sell books on the forums myself too. It's not frowned upon. by the way, i'm selling a TMNT #1 first printing cgc 7.5 for $3850 if anyone's interested lol

If you don't ask, you won't get. No issue with the asking. And everything is negotiable...so instead of picking on his asking price, make him a fair offer and see where it goes.

Welcome to the boards, @jeranimal!
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I am sometimes shaking my head when books are posted on here for prices that are WAY out of line. I admit feeling like that and laughing when I see it.

But I don't comment about the asking price. Because I thought it was not acceptable to do so, according to the unwritten rules of the forum. You don't trash someone's offerings and you don't disrupt someone's sales thread. You just smile and move along.

Am I wrong about those unwritten but understood rules of the forum?

Speaking of that. If a deal on here goes bad, is there someplace to record the scofflaw that says "I'll take it" but never pays? Do you comment on the sales thread or start a new thread, to let other members know about the person who fails to finish a deal on here?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I am sometimes shaking my head when books are posted on here for prices that are WAY out of line. I admit feeling like that and laughing when I see it.

But I don't comment about the asking price. Because I thought it was not acceptable to do so, according to the unwritten rules of the forum. You don't trash someone's offerings and you don't disrupt someone's sales thread. You just smile and move along.

Speaking of that. If a deal on here goes bad, is there someplace to record the scofflaw that says "I'll take it" but never pays? Do you comment on the sales thread or start a new thread, to let other members know about the person who fails to finish a deal on here?

What Conditionfreak says...

This forum badly needs an ACTUAL sales sub form, rather than people posting up the occasional for sale thread in what is otherwise general comic book discussion. An actual sales sub forum might also lead to the "rules" of not publicly arguing price and terms being followed. If you want it an want to pay less, make an offer via PM. But forumites feel open to do such BECAUSE this is general discussion forum. Why wouldn't you debate price and terms openly since people debate parentage and moral character here?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see any problem with publicly knocking the price. Just as sellers are within their right to ask whatever price suits them, forum members are entitled to openly question the rationale for the price.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
True and looking on eBay asking prices this may not seem that crazy after a few months. This book keeps getting crazy prices just when I think it can't go any higher
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd say mention that the book is still available on the same thread. And if my prices are outta line I would like for you guys to let me know cause that means I'm in the dark on it
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t mind looking at cool books for sale, but if someone starts quoting price points in different grades as some type of justification. That’s just straight up carnival barking.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@jeranimal Welcome, beautiful book!

As far as the price goes, the last 3 months 2.5s have been selling for like $12,000 - $16,000 so $17,500 is a possibility you just might have to be patient.

The whole idea of the forums isn't to command retail prices(you can do that on eBay), it's to negotiate a fair price and avoid excessive 3rd party fees. You may need to knock off a couple thousand though.

Good luck man!

His asking price is $17,500.he said he was open to negotiation.

He does not have to sell the book below FMV, because it would be a direct transaction.

There is no such thing as "retail prices", there is only FMV.

It is a very nice looking 2.5, the designated P.Q. is not subpar.OTOH, it is not OW to W, either but overall, for a 2.5, it looks like a cherry book.

Anyone who has the dough to buy an AF 15, can and certainly pays for both a GPA and a GOCOLLECT subscription😊

Personally, I would rather let a site like Comic Connect, Comic Link,Mycomicshop, Bob at Highgradecomics or Roy at VintageComics, broker the sale.

A 10% vig pays for itself IMO through more views, just put your 17.5 OBO on it and wait.You don't have to worry about either party, trying to pull a bait & switch.

I am not suggesting thst would happen, but that is one of the benefits of using a concrete third party, to sell a book.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids I wasn't suggesting anything was wrong with his price or that he should change it. I was just commenting on the posts before mine in which people were picking at his price point(saying it's to much).

"retail" is just a figure of speech, don't over analyze please.
Obviously this is not a retail environment, only that his item was to be sold @ 17.5k with no indication of him paying for the fees/shipping so that gets tacked onto the "total".

Retail Price: "The total price charged for a product sold to a customer, which includes the manufacturer's cost plus a retail markup." ...ie his PayPal fee request (which he edited out since then, after @poka commented)

I agree he should sell it on CC / CL for the best bang for his buck.

@jeranimal As I said, a beautiful book. Be patient and you'll get your 17.5k or close to it.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd name names. There are very few valid excuses in this world for reneging a deal. Like dying. Dying is reasonable.

We need a feedback thread
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
There really should be a rule prohibiting thread-krapping on a listing. A seller should be able to price a book at whatever price he or she wishes without subsequent negative comments about pricing. The CGC boards have such a rule, and for good reason. If you don't like the price, move to the next thread. "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all," goes the saying.

"Buy the book, not the grade," goes another saying. This is a stunning book regardless of the technical grade. If I were looking for a copy of AF15, I would have already contacted the seller.

GLWTS
Post 30 IP   flag post
600884 55 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.