Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 10/11/20174566

Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmustang68
Y'all are lucky - This Saturday my books (regular grading) will have been received by CBCS 21 weeks ago (June 24th) and site says they are still only in the "Processing" stage - at least y'all got to the "labeling" stage.

@drmustang68, you have to click on your order # and then you will see the stage it's in.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmustang68
Y'all are lucky - This Saturday my books (regular grading) will have been received by CBCS 21 weeks ago (June 24th) and site says they are still only in the "Processing" stage - at least y'all got to the "labeling" stage.

@drmustang68, you have to click on your order # and then you will see the stage it's in.

Glad U & others have pointed that out. Got the grading email a couple weeks ago, clicked on invoice & I'm in Labels now....4 books no press signature series from con on 8/11
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@cjbehr948 keep me updated. I sent in a 1 day order over a week ago. Getting nervous

Mine went into grading today. So 3 weeks from Received to Grading for 4 Two Day Moderns w/VSP. No response to the email I sent, but I'll take the grading as a good sign.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From CBCS's Facebook page - 11-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
We know that turnaround time of the grading/pressing process is crucial in our hobby which is why we are doing all we can to get this resolved. We understand how frustrating this can be for many of you and we hear you loud and clear. We are sorry that we have not been able to keep up and turn your comic books around the way you (and we) expect. The market is strong and books are coming in at a higher rate than ever, but we feel with some recent changes, we are on the right track to getting your comics graded and back in your hands, at an acceptable time frame. We are excited about what new and improved things we have coming for our customers and appreciate your understanding, your support, and for trusting us with your items. We would also like to thank you for choosing CBCS for all you grading needs.[/quote}
Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Last weekend I was told by a CBCS representative that they had recently hired three people to help with their turnaround times. He wouldn’t say what positions were filled, but hopefully things will improve soon.
Post 130 IP   flag post

@esaravo Thanks for the update!!
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted a large (for me) order around ALVCC August 10th. I've called several times b/c of the hurricanes (I got hit by Harvey, they got hit by Irma) for updates & the staff has been great an answering my questions. Still, my dashboard has never changed from "processing". The original estimate was twelve weeks, today is the middle of week fourteen, so they aren't *that* far behind schedule. Still, if its going to take 3+ months to get books done, I'm probably going to hold of on getting things graded until the backlog is worked down some.
Post 132 IP   flag post
@BabaLament Your dashboard will ALWAYS read "processing". From the posted FAQ thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ thread
What is "Processing"?

On your account dashboard, any invoice that has been received will read "processing" until the order has been shipped.

To find out what stage your comics are at, click on the invoice number. There, if your comics read "processing", it means that your comics have not entered the grading phase yet. Once they HAVE entered "grading", you can follow the comics through the different stages of "grading" ("encapsulating","qc", "shipping" and "shipped" ). Grades will not be posted online until after all comics have been shipped.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Yeah, I read that. I click the invoice number, and once the invoice is pulled up the little box in there is orange & reads "Processing"; which is weird b/c when I had someone on the phone two weeks ago I was told my books were in labeling. Anyhow, as noted above, its been fourteen weeks; so they're just about due for another "ETA" phone call.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Yeah, I read that. I click the invoice number, and once the invoice is pulled up the little box in there is orange & reads "Processing"; which is weird b/c when I had someone on the phone two weeks ago I was told my books were in labeling. Anyhow, as noted above, its been fourteen weeks; so they're just about due for another "ETA" phone call.

Cool!!! When you said that your dashboard hasn't changed, I just wanted to make sure that you were checking the right spot!
Post 135 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament

Just to be clear, there are 2 orange boxes. One is for the entire order and that one will read “Processing” until the order has been complete and shipped.

Each individual tier within an invoice will have it’s own status and that is where you’ll see the more detailed staus updates.

Second. There is a known issue with the site. i don’t know if it’s been addressed yet but the website would not always update the status to match the book’s actual place in production. At one point, I received the books in the mail and the website still showed the books in “grading.”
Post 136 IP   flag post
Yeah; I got that. As noted, my 2-day is "shipping", but won't actually ship until the rest of the goodies are done. The remainder are in "Grading", but according to Customer Service they were in labeling & ready for slab...so confused. So I'll be using my finest Oliver voice when I call for an update, "Excuse me sir, may I have my books?"
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Second. There is a known issue with the site. i don’t know if it’s been addressed yet but the website would not always update the status to match the book’s actual place in production. At one point, I received the books in the mail and the website still showed the books in “grading.”

my first submission to cbcs I received my books before they were even put into the system
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
My dashboard shows grading but my invoice shows labels so hopefully they will be shipping soon
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
OK so my books (Aug 4th) went from processing to grading to labeling when I look at the pdf.

So my question is what's the next phase and when/how do I find out that they shipped?
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@cbj102 next step is "praying"
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
To be more accurate CBCS should replace the current processing phases to: shock , denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and hope. I feel more close to these feelings for the last submission I had.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
I see a lot of excuses over several months, but no real improvement in service. Thus I am unlikely to deal with CBCS again in the future when I can get a much faster TaT with the competition. Sorry to get to this point, but if I was constantly late with everything in my business, I'd lose customers too.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Can I get an update on the status of my books? The invoice # I was given by Trinity is 17-27D6E30. Three books, no pressing. These were submitted from SDCC, so they’re almost 16 weeks out now. Really not impressed with these TATs...
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
My latest order has been in billing for about two weeks now. It shows zero dollar balance, so apparently no problem. Simple moderns, no vsp etc. Does this seem normal?
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector userX745 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting on a few books submitted at SDCC. I did get a few books back from Trinity (Matt S.) that was from SDCC, so I have to be a little more patient for the books I submitted.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
I'm coming up on 4 full months for one expanded submission + one reholder .... They are a month behind because the receipt says 12 weeks (i.e., 3 months) TAT.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
3 comics with the raw grade service were supposed to be done within 4 weeks. We are now at 7 and I haven't seen the status change. Only reason I went with this service was because it was supposed to be a 1 month TAT. The song is right. Everybody plays the fool...... sometimes.
Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
This is an extreme backlog for an extreme length of time. Definitely smells like something else is up.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
How many users are stuck in labels? Are all of our books just stacked up waiting to be encapsulated? First impressions mean a lot, and so far, I have not been impressed..
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
Who knows man. Mine say "labels", last Friday I was talking to a fellow who said mine were being heat sealed/encapsulated/QC that day and may actually be shipped that evening, and if not Monday at the latest. Called today and was told they're in the 'production' line and they're currently about 4 weeks behind schedule and said he couldn't tell me where my books were. I understand the issues they've had and I'm an extremely patient person, but ..... c'mon CBCS - figure it out.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
God created the world in 7 days, then he entered the "Labels" phase.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I just spoke to John in customer service. What a nice guy. He is sick and still working to help us. All 26 books other than two I'm having pressed are finally in grading. I may have them back before Christmas!! Thanks again John for your help.

We gotta try to give these guys a break. A lot has happened this year and they are really trying to catch up. I would rather have my books done right and not just fast.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just spoke to John in customer service. What a nice guy. He is sick and still working to help us. All 26 books other than two I'm having pressed are finally in grading. I may have them back before Christmas!! Thanks again John for your help.

We gotta try to give these guys a break. A lot has happened this year and they are really trying to catch up. I would rather have my books done right and not just fast.

If they just entered grading, I highly doubt you will get them before Christmas
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Quote:

If they just entered grading, I highly doubt you will get them before Christmas

I'm just trying to stay positive. This time of year is stressful enough as it is.
Post 155 IP   flag post
600440 163 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?