Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 10/11/20174566

Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Walker
@cbj102 - Assuming you don't have pressing, your books are probably in grading. Check your dashboard, then click on the actual invoice number to see what stage you're in. My books were received by CBCS a week after your books and they moved to "Grading" 5-6 weeks ago (first week in October).

Oh yeah they are at the grading stage - guess I was just looking at processing so long I didn't realize. Thanks.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
So if the website is accurate and they are shipping items received on the first week of June this means that they are at 24 week turnaround.......Speechless....
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious about this too; sent an e-mail about my order...4 Two Day Moderns with VSP. My receipt says processed within 1 week of receiving. On 3 weeks now. I know VSP adds a week & things have been behind due to the hurricane; just looking for an update. 2 of the books belong to my buddy's shop; hoping to have them back for Black Friday, as they will make great pieces to have in the store for sale.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@cjbehr948 keep me updated. I sent in a 1 day order over a week ago. Getting nervous
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
3 comics submitted for raw grade at the end of September. Supposed to be 4 weeks turnaround after books are received. Over 6 weeks and still in processing. This was to be my final test as all my other submissions were total disasters. This service does not include encapsulation or a restoration check.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
For what it’s worth, my books received in mid August are listed as grading on my dashboard now. I don’t know how long they’ve been there because I was waiting for the email notification and haven’t been checking the dashboard.

That actually seems to be ahead of what others are reporting, so things might be picking up. Just FYI

BTW no pressing or fast pass or vsp on that order. Just a regular submission.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector rdbing private msg quote post Address this user
I am at the processing stage. Said I would get mine back in 24 weeks... Will see what happens...MAybe a little sooner, at least I hope so...
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector drmustang68 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS received my books 6/24/17 - still nothing but "processing" - come on; it's been almost 5 months (12 weeks promised). I sent books to CGC after that date and got them back all ready. Please CBCS, fix the problem. I do not want to continue using CGC if I can help it. Also, responding to customer's emails would be nice.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious, does anyone know how the process works once a book has been graded and then staged for labels / encapsulation? My order, which by the way was non-fast pass and non-pressing, was received by CBCS on 8/14. The order had both consumer and modern tier submissions and I received two separate emails on 10/4 saying they were both moved to grading. A week later the invoice status went from grading to labels and the orders have been in labels for ~5 weeks.

Now I completely understand the status online may not necessarily be where the books are in the process. Meaning, with all the delays at CBCS, perhaps they just mark orders as in "grading" or "labels" to make it seem like things are moving along.

But my question is based on the assumption the status of my order is accurate on the CBCS website. So, if my books finished being graded 5 weeks ago, where are my books stored and how are they stored while they wait for the labels / encapsulation process to start?

Yes, this is a professional company who handles and stores comics all day every day. But should I have any concern that by the time my books are encapsulated, the grades they received 6-8 weeks prior won't be accurate due to unforeseen issues with how they were stored / handled after the grading process was completed?
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@J_Walker only CBCS knows and they don’t respond much.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbing
I am at the processing stage. Said I would get mine back in 24 weeks... Will see what happens...MAybe a little sooner, at least I hope so...

Processing isn't a status. You have to actually click on your invoice # to see what status your order is in.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think there’s not anything that says labels.

It goes RECIEVED, GRADING, QC, SHIPPING, SHIPPED. His when you can see your grades.

I think there is one for BILLING issues.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it's a new feature they started including on their invoices. Just click on your order # and then open up the invoice. Here's an example from my invoice.

Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Yes "Labels" is a newer status they added a month or so ago
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
Kool, missed that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Yes "Labels" is a newer status they added a month or so ago
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Wilson3d private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. I didn't realize that either. Mine have have just said "Grading" on the web site for about a month. My Invoice says "Labels" too.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Ours says "Labels" too. Hope it's not too much longer!
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
Mine says "Pray you fool", is this before or after "Label" status?
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
My two books, normal blue label, that were submitted on 7/3 and received 7/12 have just gone into shipping status. Very exciting!
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
Mine were recieved on 7/12 too and still in Labels .... maybe I should call and ask!
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Damn.. just called CBCS. Ours has been in labels for a while. Our original due out date was 11/16 but they have a large backlog in "labels" right now. He said it might be another 2 weeks... ugh... (we submitted one book and it was received on 8/22)
Post 121 IP   flag post
Y'all are lucky - This Saturday my books (regular grading) will have been received by CBCS 21 weeks ago (June 24th) and site says they are still only in the "Processing" stage - at least y'all got to the "labeling" stage.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmustang68
Y'all are lucky - This Saturday my books (regular grading) will have been received by CBCS 21 weeks ago (June 24th) and site says they are still only in the "Processing" stage - at least y'all got to the "labeling" stage.
I can beat that. One book for press/grade received on April 26.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Not good, the current TATs. Not good at all.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Not good, the current TATs. Not good at all.

CGC here I come - dang it.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@drmustang68, you have to click on your order # and then you will see the stage it's in.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
Quote:

@drmustang68, you have to click on your order # and then you will see the stage it's in.

Glad U & others have pointed that out. Got the grading email a couple weeks ago, clicked on invoice & I'm in Labels now....4 books no press signature series from con on 8/11
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@cjbehr948 keep me updated. I sent in a 1 day order over a week ago. Getting nervous

Mine went into grading today. So 3 weeks from Received to Grading for 4 Two Day Moderns w/VSP. No response to the email I sent, but I'll take the grading as a good sign.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From CBCS's Facebook page - 11-15-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
We know that turnaround time of the grading/pressing process is crucial in our hobby which is why we are doing all we can to get this resolved. We understand how frustrating this can be for many of you and we hear you loud and clear. We are sorry that we have not been able to keep up and turn your comic books around the way you (and we) expect. The market is strong and books are coming in at a higher rate than ever, but we feel with some recent changes, we are on the right track to getting your comics graded and back in your hands, at an acceptable time frame. We are excited about what new and improved things we have coming for our customers and appreciate your understanding, your support, and for trusting us with your items. We would also like to thank you for choosing CBCS for all you grading needs.[/quote}
Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Last weekend I was told by a CBCS representative that they had recently hired three people to help with their turnaround times. He wouldn’t say what positions were filled, but hopefully things will improve soon.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601278 163 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?