Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 10/11/20174566

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@Artu To be 1000000000% honest, I had some books sitting at the big competitor through a friend that did not have a part issue backing them up a little, but did also have the weather issue backing them up some recently (being in the same geographic area). Their "delay" in processing/grading was actually longer with less communication along the way. I was SHOCKED. It took me fourteen weeks to get two fast-tracked books back. No explanation or apologies. I do know that the other side is backed up from SDCC, but a fast-tracked book should not have experienced those kinds of delays.

With CBCS, their current lead time is because of the part issue they HAD, the weather issues that are documented, etc, which caused a large backlog. They are working to catch up, and the lead time will go back down to one lower than their largest competitor. Things will be smooth in a number of weeks. Communication is a matter of picking up the phone or sending an email - I've always received a reply and a pickup, personally, and everyone has been friendly and helpful.

Should you choose to make a change, it's up to you and no one will hold it against you, just wanted to make sure you knew what was up.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard thanks for the insight.

My yearly subscription is up at the end of December and I will then decide which grading service to use. Between the slab security issues they had and these processing delays I am inclined to go with the competition, but we will see once I get my 10 comics back. At this point I would feel lucky to get them back before the end of the year (submitted mid-July).
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Artu , I submitted mine in June and got them back a few weeks ago. It took a little longer than expected, but they were caught in the middle of the Texas part supply issue (Texas weather) then Florida horrible weather issue (evacuation), backing things up, plus the influx from SDCC. I was very happy when the books arrived. My second batch, shipped right after SDCC, is in grading now, so they'll probably ship in the next few weeks. Already moving much faster. My first set had one VSP in there, too. Second set, witnessed sigs are in there, no VSP's.

If you submitted mid-July, as I submitted right after SDCC, they both were caught in the MAJOR influx from SDCC and their recovery from everything. It's why they changed their lead time to 16 weeks (which is already adjusting down. I'm glad they at least keep good tabs on their lead time regularly, ha ha. Better than not knowing, on average, how long books REALLY take.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
@Jake_Fleming pm sent to you a few days ago

read and write back please
Had a day off work so I was finally able to call. So nevermind the message.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
I know that there are a lot of people that are upset with the TATs but we really have to remember what happened to Florida and all of the Con submissions they were hammered with. My only regret from my submission was lumping all 26 of my books into one submission with 2 going into pressing. I knew the pressing would take longer and didn't even think it was going to put all of them behind like an idiot.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102
At 14 weeks and counting for my first submission. Amazing Spider-Man #700, DC Comics Presents #26,Ms. Marvel #2 [1977]Newsstand Edition, Uncanny X-Men #213 and Venom vs. Carnage #1. Not complaining or griping just very excited to get my first CBCS submission.

I'll be getting another batch together soon, so many comics so little $$$ in the slabbing budget

When I got my batch of books back, I thought, "I can sell a few of these and make ALL of my money back..." You know, so I can slab more! Trying to avoid feeBay is a challenge when all of your feedback is on there.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Bishops_Heroes private msg quote post Address this user
I'm at 18 weeks this Sunday, which is 6 weeks past the promised turn time. I've sent emails and messages via facebook with no response. I understand the delays due to the hurricane and unforeseen circumstances, but I am highly disappointed in the lack of professionalism that is currently being exhibited by CBCS.
Post 57 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishops_Heroes
I'm at 18 weeks this Sunday, which is 6 weeks past the promised turn time. I've sent emails and messages via facebook with no response. I understand the delays due to the hurricane and unforeseen circumstances, but I am highly disappointed in the lack of professionalism that is currently being exhibited by CBCS.

I've been feeling the same way recently, until I actually picked up the phone and called; my problems went **poof** within an hour. Give it a try
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector rdbing private msg quote post Address this user
If everything goes right I should receive my books no later than April 10, 2018, estimate 24 weeks... 3 books, pressing and grading..Time will tell...
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Gaz973 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

I've been feeling the same way recently, until I actually picked up the phone and called; my problems went **poof** within an hour. Give it a try

I wish it was that easy for those of us who live overseas.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
My submissions from June are finally shipping. Sweet Moses I’m excited!!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I'm considering sending a book in for 1 day service. Do you guys think that would be pointless? Based on the chart 1 day is 16days behind??? lol.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Bishops_Heroes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Thanks man, I'll give it a try while I knock back a few beers
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Scott9406 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got back-to-back emails stating 2 out of 3 of my submissions from August have just entered grading. Pumped! This is my first time I ever sent in comics to be graded to any company. So glad it I chose CBCS.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Drew private msg quote post Address this user
submitted books in May. still waiting.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! Our August submission has entered grading! Getting a signature verified too
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
Any updated turn around info? My submission went into 'grading' September 29th and still hasn't changed.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
My submission is On its fifth week of grading. How are books converting to graded from later dates without any movement from books currently in grading?
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector aclink private msg quote post Address this user
Called yesterday, 915 am Monday 10/30, and was sitting 3 days short of 20 weeks. Was listed as processing in status. Called and got through and they advised I was in encapsulation and headed to shipping. They advised I will get my 2 books shipped before the end of 2 weeks.
Same day 5 pm I got the email saying they had hit shipping and I will get tracking# soon.
Still the same day, 730pm tracking # with arrival date of Wednesday Nov 1.

So I think the moral of this story is give a phone call and then maybe get this thing fast tracked.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector chris78344 private msg quote post Address this user
I called yesterday 10-30 as well and they said my books were in labeling and had been thru the grading process. explained to them that my books have shown in grading for 2 weeks and he told me there must be some kind of issue with the website and that my books should ship within 2 weeks time. glad I made the call! hopefully I get the same email in the next day or 2 for shipping!
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector eblkheart private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris78344
I called yesterday 10-30 as well and they said my books were in labeling and had been thru the grading process. explained to them that my books have shown in grading for 2 weeks and he told me there must be some kind of issue with the website and that my books should ship within 2 weeks time. glad I made the call! hopefully I get the same email in the next day or 2 for shipping!

I left a fb message as well last week. I was told they were done grading and waiting for encapsulation. Still not updated on the website, but I'm wondering if me bugging them also fast tracked it. Either way I am happy that *something* is happening.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
Woo-hoo!! We dropped 9 books off at motor city con on may 21st.no pressing or cleaning.FINALLY SAYS SHIPPED!!!its november now BTW.lol.just saying
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector PurpleZeke private msg quote post Address this user
I called yesterday to check on the status of three books I dropped off at Heroes Con in mid June that were signed with a CBCS witness. The customer service rep I spoke with was very helpful and checked and stated the books were in the encapsulation process though still showed in grading on my end,the cs rep said if I had not seen anything within the next two and a half weeks to call back! So here's hoping for sweet grades as I had all three copies of the Southern Bastards #1 Heroes variant from the 2014 Heroes con that I submitted signed by both the writer, and artist as well as the the variant cover artist. The photos I took after the signing looked sweet and will post pic's once received!
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
I contacted customer service by email asking what the status of my books were (10 modern comics that entered the process on the 21 July) and they replied saying thay mine too were going through the encapsulation process and that ETA for shipping was 2-3 weeks. My experience with CBCS customer service so far has been extremely pleasent.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Dan1972 private msg quote post Address this user

Less than a month. I'll be using CBCS for signature verification books, but this turnaround at the competition is tough to beat.

These were all modern books, no cleaning or pressing (I do my own).
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector Tombofdracula50 private msg quote post Address this user
I have had fast pass modern at 12 weeks now so this is not accurate. These are only art designated slabs so they do not even need to be graded. Please update turn times because paying for fast pass has not been beneficial. My two cents to post. These will be my last CBCS slabs.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
What does processed within 4 weeks mean?
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
What does processed within 4 weeks mean?

times two, carry the one, then double it.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
That bad huh. TATs mean nothing. Why even post them? Put "you get your books when you get them" on the site and at least be known for your honesty.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Tombofdracula50 private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly this should at least be updated correctly weekly.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600811 163 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?