CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 10/11/20174566

Collector Tommyx19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tommyx19 Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyx19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
@Tommyx19 Did you try clicking on the Order #?

yes I did
@Kaleljll I called 4 times today and had a freind call as well no response only went to voicemail.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I just received an email saying my books are entering grading. They were received on 7/27 with standard grading, no pressing, no fast pass.

Just an FYI for people wondering about turnaround time.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector chris78344 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 3 books (1 was a reholder) on July 1 at Denver comic con, they weren't received into the system until the 13th and it still shows processing. Ive seen a couple others post in here that they sent they're books in at DCC and that they're books have been in grading for weeks. Just wondering whats going on with my books is all.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
@Jake_Fleming pm sent to you a few days ago
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drewbie9898 private msg quote post Address this user
Lol I'm on week 18, this Sunday will be 19 weeks since my submission during hero's con in June. My books have been in grading since July and haven't budged. When CBCS contacted me through their facebook page they told me 16 weeks would be the TAT. Fun times to be had for everyone!!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Very curious how many workers they have grading there as well as how many books a day they grade. Hopeful to see our book by Thanksgiving
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Very curious how many workers they have grading there

According to their "About" page, 3.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:

Last I heard a few months ago from a mod on here it is closer to 25 at this point.

Seems they just cant grow fast enough. Great for them, bad for us, but not much anyone can do about it. I've been there, hiring a large competent workforce quickly to keep up with demand is no easy task and they cannot sub out the work.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

Last I heard a few months ago from a mod on here it is closer to 25 at this point.

Their entire staff, or specifically graders?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Just Graders.
@robertofredrico
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just Graders.
@robertofredrico

I wasn't aware they had 25 graders. Man, you think they'd by flying thru this backlog.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Just Graders.
@robertofredrico

I wasn't aware they had 25 graders. Man, you think they'd by flying thru this backlog.

I can tell you for sure they do not have 25 graders...not sure what the actual number of graders is but I know it is closer to 3 or 4; Also, i don't think the hold up is the actual graders themselves, I think most of the backlog is in encapsulation. Their plastic shortage during the hurricane cause a backup of graded orders that were not able to be encapsulated so I imagine the grading has been consistently flowing and they just have a huge backup of orders that need to be labeled, encapsulated and QC'ed.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting. Thanks for all the info guys! Happy to hear that they are growing fast. Hopefully they can fix or address their turn-around times )
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Mine were submitted July 3rd, its been in grading for more them 3 weeks the bad part is that no one gets back with you,no customer service, 2 email and 2 weeks later no replay just bad, i call and left a message today 10/17/2017, will see how long it take to get back, order 17-24F3D14, time to switch over to CGC.

it would be nice if some one got back with you, at this point 2 emails, 1 call and no one has got back with me, its just bad customer service, my book have been in grading 3 1/2 weeks.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Quote:
Just Graders.
@robertofredrico

I can tell you for sure they do not have 25 graders...not sure what the actual number of graders is but I know it is closer to 3 or 4; Also, i don't think the hold up is the actual graders themselves, I think most of the backlog is in encapsulation. Their plastic shortage during the hurricane cause a backup of graded orders that were not able to be encapsulated so I imagine the grading has been consistently flowing and they just have a huge backup of orders that need to be labeled, encapsulated and QC'ed.

Ryan, how do you know that for sure? This is where I got the info from, took me a bit to find it. Looks like closer to 20:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Just a bit of a history lesson, CBCS officially began in July, 2014. They started with either 5 or 6 people TOTAL. Last I heard, they now have over 20 graders plus all the other employees. CBCS has CONSTANTLY stated that they are always looking for graders. From what I understand, you have to have at least a working knowledge of grading comics. Then they train you from there. This is not a job where they can drop people into with a days worth of training. Plus, they underestimated the demand. Withing six months, they were getting submissions in the numbers that they thought they wouldn't see until they were in business for a couple years. I don't think they knew how many people didn't use CGC (for any myriad of reasons) and were just WAITING for a viable alternative. (Like I was)
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:

Ryan, how do you know that for sure? This is where I got the info from, took me a bit to find it. Looks like closer to 20:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
They started with either 5 or 6 people TOTAL. Last I heard, they now have over 20 graders plus all the other employees.

Maybe he meant:

"They now have over 20 (graders plus all the other employees)."
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:

Because i know, and have met, almost everyone at CBCS and I know what most of them do there so unless they have a secret room of graders that i have never heard of and whom no one ever talks about, then they don't have 20+
Post 42 IP   flag post
Just confirmed from (khaki-wearing, State Farm) Jake, "...8 graders, staff is only around 30 total."
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Just confirmed from (khaki-wearing, State Farm) Jake, "...8 graders, staff is only around 30 total."
oh damn. Admin heavy and light on production? šŸ˜¬
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user
June 4th books have barely moved... I am very, very disappointed, so I called and my books were 2 weeks out, 4 weeks ago...

I love CBCS but this is where we part ways for a while...
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I see a lot of people making the ā€œProcessing mistakeā€ so Iā€™m going to quote this from the FAQs thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS FAQs
What is "Processing"?

On your account dashboard, any invoice that has been received will read "processing" until the order has been shipped.

To find out what stage your comics are at, click on the invoice number. There, if your comics read "processing", it means that your comics have not entered the grading phase yet. Once they HAVE entered "grading", you can follow the comics through the different stages of "grading" ("encapsulating","qc", "shipping" and "shipped" ). Grades will not be posted online until after all comics have been shipped.

Or to put it another way

Also, there apparently seems to be an issue with statuses not updating for orders that were placed before the recent system update that supports more granular status updates, like ā€œlabels,ā€ or ā€œencapsulation.ā€. I recently had an order that was delivered to my home before the status updates had indicating itā€™d shipped. So there is a chance that your order is further along in the process than the website would have it seem.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K

read and write back please
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Scott9406 private msg quote post Address this user
Any new update on the TATs?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if its possibile to get the books that have not been graded back before the grading happens? I will definietly consider switching to another grading company as CBCS does not seem reliable, being 4 weeks and counting off the estimate is unacceptable in any business.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
At 14 weeks and counting for my first submission. Amazing Spider-Man #700, DC Comics Presents #26,Ms. Marvel #2 [1977]Newsstand Edition, Uncanny X-Men #213 and Venom vs. Carnage #1. Not complaining or griping just very excited to get my first CBCS submission.

I'll be getting another batch together soon, so many comics so little $$$ in the slabbing budget
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@Artu To be 1000000000% honest, I had some books sitting at the big competitor through a friend that did not have a part issue backing them up a little, but did also have the weather issue backing them up some recently (being in the same geographic area). Their "delay" in processing/grading was actually longer with less communication along the way. I was SHOCKED. It took me fourteen weeks to get two fast-tracked books back. No explanation or apologies. I do know that the other side is backed up from SDCC, but a fast-tracked book should not have experienced those kinds of delays.

With CBCS, their current lead time is because of the part issue they HAD, the weather issues that are documented, etc, which caused a large backlog. They are working to catch up, and the lead time will go back down to one lower than their largest competitor. Things will be smooth in a number of weeks. Communication is a matter of picking up the phone or sending an email - I've always received a reply and a pickup, personally, and everyone has been friendly and helpful.

Should you choose to make a change, it's up to you and no one will hold it against you, just wanted to make sure you knew what was up.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard thanks for the insight.

My yearly subscription is up at the end of December and I will then decide which grading service to use. Between the slab security issues they had and these processing delays I am inclined to go with the competition, but we will see once I get my 10 comics back. At this point I would feel lucky to get them back before the end of the year (submitted mid-July).
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@Artu , I submitted mine in June and got them back a few weeks ago. It took a little longer than expected, but they were caught in the middle of the Texas part supply issue (Texas weather) then Florida horrible weather issue (evacuation), backing things up, plus the influx from SDCC. I was very happy when the books arrived. My second batch, shipped right after SDCC, is in grading now, so they'll probably ship in the next few weeks. Already moving much faster. My first set had one VSP in there, too. Second set, witnessed sigs are in there, no VSP's.

If you submitted mid-July, as I submitted right after SDCC, they both were caught in the MAJOR influx from SDCC and their recovery from everything. It's why they changed their lead time to 16 weeks (which is already adjusting down. I'm glad they at least keep good tabs on their lead time regularly, ha ha. Better than not knowing, on average, how long books REALLY take.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

read and write back please
Had a day off work so I was finally able to call. So nevermind the message.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
I know that there are a lot of people that are upset with the TATs but we really have to remember what happened to Florida and all of the Con submissions they were hammered with. My only regret from my submission was lumping all 26 of my books into one submission with 2 going into pressing. I knew the pressing would take longer and didn't even think it was going to put all of them behind like an idiot.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600737 163 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?