Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
To add to the conspiracy. Do you think the people who bootlegged all of these Good Morty books were also the ones to lobby CGC to change their stance on the 1st Appearance? Was it an inside job?? Omg.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
To add to the conspiracy. Do you think the people who bootlegged all of these Good Morty books were also the ones to lobby CGC to change their stance on the 1st Appearance? Was it an inside job?? Omg.

wow, now where really reaching out there ,lol
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
It doesn't make sense to me that an amazon seller, or any seller, from almost a year ago would have a fake booklet in a dvd set that no one knew was a first appearance or worth anything - so why fake a insert booklet? This looks legit. It does not feel like copy paper, does not look like it was cut by a paper cutter, and the ink and colors all look the same. Does not appear to be a fake booklet. This is all whackity whack yo

Right. Low cost printing techniques would be quite obvious (Kinko's, etc) and using proper equipment is not cheap. It's why earlier fakes are generally so easy to spot. Since there was no financial motive to make these, it doesn't make sense that people would fake them just to be absolutely "authentic" with their bootlegs.

I think there's much more to this than meets the eyes. Anyone contact Oni yet?

Oni had nothing to do with the booklet.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
Just to add to this...

I'm from the UK and recently bought a shrink-wrapped season 1 and 2 on dvd, imported from the US at some point and it had a two staple version. Season 2 also had the Plumbus manual.

The cardboard cases, slip covers and dvds were all printed and seem like high quality, along with the Good Morty and Plumbus booklets too.

Obviously I have no idea whether or not they're fake (same as everyone else) but it does seem like a hell of a lot of effort to go to for something that retails for around £15 each.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
It doesn't make sense to me that an amazon seller, or any seller, from almost a year ago would have a fake booklet in a dvd set that no one knew was a first appearance or worth anything - so why fake a insert booklet? This looks legit. It does not feel like copy paper, does not look like it was cut by a paper cutter, and the ink and colors all look the same. Does not appear to be a fake booklet. This is all whackity whack yo

Right. Low cost printing techniques would be quite obvious (Kinko's, etc) and using proper equipment is not cheap. It's why earlier fakes are generally so easy to spot. Since there was no financial motive to make these, it doesn't make sense that people would fake them just to be absolutely "authentic" with their bootlegs.

I think there's much more to this than meets the eyes. Anyone contact Oni yet?

Oni had nothing to do with the booklet.

Pursue all leads. Just because they had nothing to do with it does not mean no one there knows anything about it.
Post 205 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephizz
Just to add to this...

I'm from the UK and recently bought a shrink-wrapped season 1 and 2 on dvd, imported from the US at some point and it had a two staple version. Season 2 also had the Plumbus manual.

The cardboard cases, slip covers and dvds were all printed and seem like high quality, along with the Good Morty and Plumbus booklets too.

Obviously I have no idea whether or not they're fake (same as everyone else) but it does seem like a hell of a lot of effort to go to for something that retails for around £15 each.

This is how I obtained mine, same description, I have the plumbus manual from season 2 as well - but through Amazon 8-9 months ago
Post 206 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke it's not the book that's suspect, it's the clear case that your set came in. I've never seen another RAM season 1 DVDs in a clear case. Both my original and the one I got last week were in the same white, flip style case.
Post 207 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephizz
Just to add to this...

I'm from the UK and recently bought a shrink-wrapped season 1 and 2 on dvd,

All of the bootleg copies are also shrink wrapped.
Post 208 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
The two guys (kilo and jimmy) who might have both a fake and a real one are typing... Holding my breath...
Post 209 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

No because CGC knew all along that this was the first appearance of Rick and Morty - thats why they never added "first appearance of Rick and Morty in comics" onto the labels of graded copies of Rick and Morty #1.
Post 210 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I also noticed on my clear case that it has the hinges for an insert like the white ones have...take a look:

Post 211 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
The two guys (kilo and jimmy) who might have both a fake and a real one are typing... Holding my breath...

Just a FYI

It turns out the missing feet bluray copies are all fake. The blurays in all of them are re-recordable black bottom discs.
Post 212 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Yep, mine has those too. Clear case as well.
Post 213 IP   flag post

Season 2
Post 214 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

Just a FYI

It turns out the missing feet bluray copies are all fake. The blurays in all of them are re-recordable black bottom discs.

So it seems the missing feet = fake on the bluray, but means likely real on the DVD...? LOL this is a mess.

The consistency on the bluray seems to be the UV label on the top front as well, while the consistency on the DVD seems to be that first line of text under the feet is missing on the fakes.

Anyone have a real and fake booklet to compare side by side?
Post 215 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
you will not find this at big stores, as they where the first print of the DVD, you can get lucky at a mom & pop shop that sell old books and DVD. i was one of the lucky ones, i have proof that these can still be found today, look at the date on the recite. 10/13/2017 is when i bought this used, i was able to open the DVD as it was not seal to see if the book was there,and yes feet are missing on the back of DVD, load & behold..

Post 216 IP   flag post

so your say the one i bought back a week ago at and old book store with proof of date, that been siting there who know how long is fake,lol
so that guy that faked it went to this old book store to drop it off so i can buy it,what are you on drugs, look at the pics its real.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Quote:

Season 2

I think both your season 1 and season 2 are fake.

This is a DVD unboxing of Season 2 that came with the comic, notice the disc placement is very different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkrK4PquesY
Post 218 IP   flag post
can someone zoom in the line of text under beth's feet? i don't have that
Post 219 IP   flag post
@Scorpion Yours looks LEGIT, and has a single staple as well
Post 220 IP   flag post
Quote:

so your say the one i bought back a week ago at and old book store with proof of date, that been siting there who know how long is fake,lol
so that guy that faked it went to this old book store to drop it off so i can buy it,what are you on drugs, look at the pics its real.

No. Yours has a sticker blocking the feet where the fakes ones just don't have feet. No reason to be so hostile.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Occam's Razor

Ha! Me too, I thought it was a weird Zelda reference
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:

but i have the booklet and mine was plasticwrapped with the sticker that said the plumbus manual was inside imo
Post 223 IP   flag post
no one is hostile, let's focus - someone get me that text under beth's feet!
Post 224 IP   flag post
and hey! sometimes, like in the ninja turtle community, the bootleg fakes can be very very valuable, too! a bootleg turtle copter is worth over 3 grand
Post 225 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

No. Yours has a sticker blocking the feet where the fakes ones just don't have feet. No reason to be so hostile.

i will peel the sticker off when i get home, not been hostile. sorry if i came like that, i will end this and peel the sticker off when i get home tonight,we will see what behind the sticker.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

but i have the booklet and mine was plasticwrapped with the sticker that said the plumbus manual was inside imo

but you are missing that line of text under beth's feet correct? I think that is the defining feature of the fakes at this point

and yes, lets collect the fakes!! I do feel bad for all of those that have bought double-staple books for $250 on ebay in the last week if they turn out fake
Post 227 IP   flag post
i still dont think its fake
Post 228 IP   flag post
we dont know if these are fake just cause they have 2 staple on them, they could have been published that way.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
i still dont think its fake

I used to believe in Santa Claus.
Post 230 IP   flag post
601328 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.