Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

FYI, I would not suggest using CBCS's label notes for this book.That will not work in your favor at all.

Elaborate.

First off, a "Thanks for the tip", should have been what you started your reply with.

Not "Elaborate".

CGC does not allow discussion of CBCS, on CGC's forum.

This is pretty well known.

There is nothing else to "elaborate".

Other than applying common sense to the sentence I just posted and my prior post in this thread e.g. being polite & respectful...would be in your favor.

So yeah....

... instead of saying "Elaborate",in response to someone who took their own time to help you, and others reading this thread...

Common courtesy & common sense, would be in anyone's favor, when posting a label update request, as I suggested above.

Those two things should be used at all times, in all of anyone's interactions with other human beings.

I chose elaborate because I wanted to. I wasn't being disrespectful. I wanted you to tell me more. Which is why I said elaborate. You are quite the something else, mister man. I am being nice and not going to troll you as I have done in the past to others so I will take the high road on this one due to the new updated forum rules. Other than that, elaborate your way on up outta here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
To be fair, a "please" would've been nice. Just sayin'.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Elaborate, please.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You are quite the something else, mister man.

This just made me lol pretty hard. If this phrase was used in a face to face argument, all parties involved would just laugh off their differences.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Which is what I was trying to do. *high 5*
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Quote:

You are quite the something else, mister man.

This just made me lol pretty hard. If this phrase was used in a face to face argument, all parties involved would just laugh off their differences.

I actually appreciate @kaptainmyke diffusing this. Sometimes it's best that we just laugh off the small stuff.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Elaborate, please.

Bingo.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So, I've been wanting to actually watch a Rick and Morty show to see what all of the hoopla is about. I can not watch it on TV or on the internet (my internet only has 5 gigs per month allowed).

So this thread prompted me to go buy a season one DVD today. There are only two places in my town that sell DVD's. WalMart and KMart. KMart did not have any (their selection of DVD's really sucks). WalMart had one copy of season one. I bought it, hoping to find this booklet inside (I didn't), but I wanted to watch it anyway.

So all is good, but I did not get lucky.

I did buy some other stuff at KMart. And when I was checking out, the young female cashier asked me if I found everything I wanted. I said no and she asked me what I didn't find. I said a Rick and Morty DVD, preferably season one. She responded and said that everyone tells her how good it is and she asked me if it is good. I told her I didn't know yet, because I have not watched any yet. But I will let her know.

So, regular people seem to be talking it up. I will let y'all know tomorrow if this R&M stuff is "something" or just another here today and gone tomorrow.

How much do Simpsons and Beavis and Butthead early comics going for these days? Never mind. I can check go collect.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Quote:
Yes. I say, "now". I just woke up this morning to hear this news from my fellow peers. in 2 years, never was this brought up until "now".

I guess it's a good thing I sold all my CBCS 9.8s.

CGC knew - they just choose not to tell anyone.

Which in itself is mind boggling.

When will CGC reveal why Captain Canuck #1 isn't the first appearance of Captain Canuck?

How do you know what CGC does, or does not, know?

How do I (or anyone) know that CGC knew this information?
By following the chain to this information.

How did anyone find out this was the first appearance of Rick and Morty in comics? Someone called CGC and asked why Rick and Morty #1 wasn't being designated the first appearance. The person spoke to a customer service rep who said they would speak to the graders and get back to him.

The customer service rep got back to him and told him it wasn't be designated as such because of the DVD promo. Which as of last thursday there were no graded copies.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an article on the topic at hand.

https://comicbookscalping.com/2017/10/06/the-first-appearance-of-rick-and-morty-in-comics/

It says it was only in the first run of season 1 Blu Rays, which I can confirm is either an error on the writers part or just bs because mine came with the DVDs, not blu rays. There might still be unopened ones from the first run out there but there is no way of telling old stock from new. I picked up 5 DVDs on my way home, opened 1 and returned the other 4.

Here's side by side of the slips and barcodes on the one I just bought and the one I bought when it was released.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Found this statement on the net. It is by Justin Rolland, co-creator of Rick and Morty.

"Only the first printing has "the good morty" comic included (in both bluray and DVD) and only the first printing includes 250 randomly inserted copies that were signed by Dan Harmon and myself as well as stamped with two special authentication stamps.

The point is, pre order now. It looks like first printing is small and preorders are filling up. Then it switches to second printing. That's how I understand it anyway. Spread the word! Oct 7 street date!"
Post 37 IP   flag post
Pic of what those 250 looked like.

Post 38 IP   flag post
oh wow bro
Post 39 IP   flag post
I HAVE TO HAVE THIS

i wish i never saw that
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes. I say, "now". I just woke up this morning to hear this news from my fellow peers. in 2 years, never was this brought up until "now".

I guess it's a good thing I sold all my CBCS 9.8s.

CGC knew - they just choose not to tell anyone.

Which in itself is mind boggling.

When will CGC reveal why Captain Canuck #1 isn't the first appearance of Captain Canuck?

How do you know what CGC does, or does not, know?

How do I (or anyone) know that CGC knew this information?
By following the chain to this information.

How did anyone find out this was the first appearance of Rick and Morty in comics? Someone called CGC and asked why Rick and Morty #1 wasn't being designated the first appearance. The person spoke to a customer service rep who said they would speak to the graders and get back to him.

The customer service rep got back to him and told him it wasn't be designated as such because of the DVD promo. Which as of last thursday there were no graded copies.

THEN that customer service rep started messaging people on facebook about what the real first appearance of Rick and Morty was.

Edit:

Nevermind.

I don't know any specifics, so I'm not going to speculate.
Post 41 IP   flag post
This is the guy who asked CGC about it.

https://plus.google.com/107741796926202661750/posts/CCEpBHDHKmr
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Damn you, Morty Publications!!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Rumor has it (and I can not verify this), that you can tell a DVD that has the booklet inside. By the back cover of the box. If the feet are missing, then allegedly there is a booklet inside.

Can anyone that got a booklet in their DVD copy verify this?

The DVD I bought today, does have feet on the guy on the right. And I did not get a booklet or anything other than a two disk DVD set.
Post 44 IP   flag post
nope mine have the feet and I have the booklet brah
Post 45 IP   flag post
DVD slip case that contained good morty.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
nope mine have the feet brah

Did yours include the booklet?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
DVD slip case that contained good morty.

Thanks.

Yours has all the same numbers as my "loser" set.
Post 48 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
It seems one can also hunt for a bluray that has a big "comic inside" sticker as well
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I would suggest that someone post up a confirmation request on the CGC Forum in the ASK CGC Q & A subforum, to get public confirmation that CGC will be labeling this "Good Morty" mini book as the 1st App Rick & Morty in comics.

Otherwise, this could just be misdirection from eBay sellers.
Post 50 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting topic. I talked to the grading room today and they had already had this discussion some time ago.
Going forward, CBCS will be labeling the booklet as their first appearance.

Rick and Morty #1 will have the key comment of "1st appearance of Rick and Morty in their own title."
Post 51 IP   flag post
uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Post 52 IP   flag post
great.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Ouch
Post 54 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to withhold my response until I get my DVD's I ordered. If I don't get a copy of "The Good Morty", then I won't care
Post 55 IP   flag post
598060 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.