Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
just like mine.... interesting
Post 451 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I bought this one from an unsuspecting pawn shop and unsuspecting buyers, sniped it: clickable text
Post 452 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would rather have the real comic book... if Rick and Morty didn't suck.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would rather have the real comic book... if Rick and Morty didn't suck.

Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
just like mine.... interesting

How is the overall quality of your case, disc, and comic compared to others you are pretty certain are real?

I’m far from a DVD expert but my gut says mine are fakes. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as I ordered five used sets and they all came with the comic and manual that likely wouldn’t be in them anymore.
Post 455 IP   flag post

but do all 5 have good morty books and are all 5 clear, darker shade graphics, and mounted on the disc doors? if all 5 do, and all 5 are in fact, used, then it would logically seem like they are all 5 real. right?
Post 456 IP   flag post
Quote:
but do all 5 have good morty books and are all 5 clear, darker shade graphics, and mounted on the disc doors? if all 5 do, and all 5 are in fact, used, then it would logically seem like they are all 5 real. right?

Yes, all five sets are used copies with Good Morty’s in each one and they all are structurally the same as the one in the pics.

Odd to still have mini comics that fall out as soon as you open them though, no?

I mean, I’m pretty sure the seller had already sold quite a few to raise a flag. Not to mention that the overall quality of the copies I have compared to other DVD’s that I know are real is slightly cheaper.
Post 457 IP   flag post
i used my ebay bucks and bought 2 from the bootlegger for free
Post 458 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user

Wow, this Morty thing is really taking off!
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector recombine private msg quote post Address this user
I've have not seen anything from another source to compare it with. Just because you're getting a pirated DVD doesn't necessarily mean the comic inside is a fake. Need evidence like detectable printing differences, errors, consistent defects, format, different paper stock or significant color differences. These are usually the hallmarks that distinguish the real from the bootleg On the other hand I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of obtaining legit copies of the book and sell them with the DVD. Also why don't they just sell the book direct and not bother with selling fake BR DVDs for $25 if they're getting or printing the bootleg copies themselves to begin with when they can sell it for $250 or whatever. Also, how is it possible to just print up tons of bootleg copies of this thing from 2014 all of a sudden in such a short timeframe, 11 days now since I saw that post on CHU?
Post 460 IP   flag post
This book was pulled from a genuine DVD release. As shown in the photos the discs' bottom (readable) side are silver, not ReWritable blue with hologram serial number on Disc 1 533259 and 533260 and Disc 2 is 533261 and 533262.

This is legit, silver colored down side, serial #s on inside ring. Have 3 sets of these.

Post 461 IP   flag post
Interesting. My Plumbus manual is significantly a much lighter hue than yours....

Also the back of that good morty book looks jacked
Post 462 IP   flag post
@recombine

Do you have any pictures of the slipcase?
Post 463 IP   flag post

Post 464 IP   flag post
I also have the same serial numbers but I’m still not convinced any of it is real.

Has anyone shown a Season 1 case, disc, and comic with TWO staples that everyone felt was real across the board?
Post 465 IP   flag post
This is a better one of the back cover.

Post 466 IP   flag post
Well I thought my season 1 and season 2 dvd sets I bought together 9 months ago with a "COMIC BOOK INSIDE" sticker on both was real. His matches mine very closely. His inserts are darker.

I find it weird that his comics are waaaay darker than mine. Which implies his are the copies. ...Right?
Post 467 IP   flag post
Sorry, but even your case looks to be a knockoff like mine.

I’m not putting much behind the serial numbers. They also made fake mini comics to make it look as legit as possible.

PS: I really hope I’m wrong and we all have legit copies, but too many things are raising flags.
Post 468 IP   flag post
What are the flags
Post 469 IP   flag post
Um photos can look very different when used on the same object in different conditions. Also depends on what camera, where, the lighting situation. Also if you use any auto-filters can affect the image. In the past lighter black ink indicated xeroxing but that doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

Like what flags?
Post 470 IP   flag post
Okay here's the original photos I took, you can see the bottom copy of the back cover shot has a bit of glare.

Post 471 IP   flag post
Poor quality paper used inside DVD case.

Color schemes are not true to the show.

The wavey line on the back below he UPC.

Having two staples.

Me buying FIVE used sets and they all come with handouts that most fans would either save, or pitch.

Not a single one of my used DVD’s actually looks used.

I bought them off eBay that has a sea of fake DVD’s and Blu Rays on it.

I’m sure a few other things as well. Those are the ones that instantly pop up to me as flags.
Post 472 IP   flag post
My discs aren't used, it was sealed, no scratches, the case insert looks commercially printed. Also the "wavy line" is hand drawn, and my photo is admittedly at an askew angle.

Also, it doesn't add up that someone would go to the trouble, time and money involved to counterfeit the minicomics so they can sell it for $25 when they know they can sell it for $250 or whatever. And the serial #s. Also I'm a graphic artist and designer and I have experience and a good eye with telling the difference between inks, what process looks on different paper stocks. These books are all cheaply printed and are hand stapled so having one or two doesn't mean anything. The colors and saturation I've seen on every image I've come across are the same.
Post 473 IP   flag post
Counterfeiting is a MASSIVE business. I see no reason why they wouldn’t go to the trouble of making The Good Morty once they saw it in the original release.

You may be a graphic artist but you’re currently on a comic site with only a couple posts attempting to prove a book many believe to be be fake as real.

Trolls gonna troll and all. Nothing personal, I’m just a bit of a skeptic.
Post 474 IP   flag post
There are probably 50k copies of dvds/blurays on first printings. It's not far fetched there are over 10k of the mini comics printed.
Post 475 IP   flag post
What the hell does it matter if I have a couple posts LMAO what does that make me a newbie with zero knowledge now? I've been collecting for over 30 years dude. Not trolling at all. You're all in a huff that something's fake because what, one guy goes on a rant on youtube with no direct evidence to show of the book in question? And yeah photos can "lie". Depends what resolution and image program you're using.

Sheesh you're paranoid IntoAnother.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Quote:
There are probably 50k copies of dvds/blurays on first printings. It's not far fetched there are over 10k of the mini comics printed.

Very true.
Post 477 IP   flag post
@recombine It's true. You are new. I don't think @IntoAnother doubting your intelligence or experience. I'm curious - totally not accusatory - How did you first hear about this thread, the subject, or the investigation thereof?
Post 478 IP   flag post
Someone on ebay asked me a question about The Good Morty books I'm selling and wanted to see the Season 1 DVD box inside and out so he said that he could decide if it was a fake or not. He referred me to this forum and some other threads. Also I'm on others like CGC and whatnot but I'm not really a poster unless it comes to controversy over something like this with a book I have lol.
Post 479 IP   flag post
For me all bets are off until someone who was actually involved in printing and distributing these in 2014 speaks up to clarify this mess.
Post 480 IP   flag post
601275 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.