Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this is the real thing or fake, now they may be shirking rap them. lol
its a white cause where my is blue??
clickable text

Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector AdamBomb private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone. This thread has a lot of attention since it's inception I've noticed and is still doing well. There's a lot of well deserved discussion on distinguishing the authenticity of 'The Good Morty' mini. Aside from the packaging and the DVD or Blu-ray discrepancies the real interest is in the book. The authentic Morty publications logos will be a classic red. The unauthentic counterparts are more of a burgundy. This will very apparent in-hand. For examples sake I've attached two sets of photos. The first is genuine and the second isn't:

The number of staples aren't a great indicator since there are singled and doubled stapled knock-offs.
Both these have been taken off eBay and have active bids which may be unfortunate. I have no relation to either of them.

There is a company's website that was offering reproductions and had all the components shown except for the digital media pamphlet. You may be able to find it with enough searching. I doubt that there was any correlation to the hype since the webpage seemed stale.

Both grading companies are accepting these books. Hope this helps and nothing is the end all-be all in this type of subject matter. Thanks!
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not sure if this is going to help or not but here’s a shrink wrapped copy with the sticker on it for comparison.

Rare First Ed The Good Morty Comic sealed DVD w Comic book Inside Sticker 2014 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122759077287

(It is definitely not mine)

Edit: I just noticed Scorpion already posted this listing and I also am not certain it is a legit copy)
Post 328 IP   flag post
you can check out your bar-cods here, my is real as the same DVD pic comes Up for it.

my ends with a 42 so look like the blue cause is the real one. have not checked other bard cods.

clickable text
Post 329 IP   flag post
@Scorpion

I appreciate it.

I believe I was mixing up the DVD and Blu Ray UPC’s when I first started looking into that as a possible indicator. I also wasn’t sure where the 8 at the end was coming from until you pointed it out so thank you.
Post 330 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBomb
The authentic Morty publications logos will be a classic red. The unauthentic counterparts are more of a burgundy.

So mine appears to have more of a darker red over the Morty Publications logo. It's the only photo I took of the back. The lighting is dark and low level so it could be a lighter red than in my photo. Are you suggesting it's fake?
Post 331 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
So............... out of every one on ebay, the ones with back photos are 90% dark red. I've only counted 2 with bright red back logos. I am still waiting on 2 ebay messages pending those numbers....it's starting to look like most are in fact, dark red, like mine. You don't see many bright red ones....are you sure the bright red ones aren't the fakes? How do you know any of this? You are a new member, how did you hear about this subject, or us? Thanks!
Post 332 IP   flag post
I would really like to see a link to the company that was apparently making them for bootlegs. That would be very key to see any information they may have shared. Especially for the grading companies, because as of now it’s not a guarantee they are going to grade any if its too difficult to tell which is real and which ones are not.
Post 333 IP   flag post
All I know is I had the "comic book inside" sticker on both of my sets. My burgundy one is real.

Post 334 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

His “real” copy...

The Good Morty mini comic & Plumbus manual 1st app of Rick and Morty comics NM https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192335215788

Sorry, but I’m not going to put much into his post after seeing that. I need quite a bit more info before taking anything he posted into account.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
I would really like to see a link to the company that was apparently making them for bootlegs.

Same. Where is this info? And how did he get it?
Post 336 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

I’ve searched and searched and have come up with nothing of the sort. So I’m definitely intrigued, or I was until I saw the listing.
Post 337 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
All I know is I had the "comic book inside" sticker on both of my sets. My burgundy one is real.

Bootleggers arent going to print stickers as well lol.

I didnt know you had the sticker. Looks like there are definitely real double-staple ones.

Still thinking the black line error ones are the fakes, staple number be damned. My dvds should arrive next week, I'll do an unboxing video for documentation.
Post 338 IP   flag post
The worst part is, if they made fake Good Morty’s what’s to stop any bootleggers who go the extra mile to make fake stickers as well.

I truly hope that’s not the case but it is an unfortunate possibility.
Post 339 IP   flag post
THIS guy is selling the footless fakes dirt cheap. I've got a few of those on the way from a different seller, looking forward to comparing
Post 340 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Brand new without the codes that it states it comes with on the case? 😬
Post 341 IP   flag post
Lol yeah. Except his first photo is a stock image. What he's selling doesnt say Digital on the front of the dust jacket.

Whoever booted these was afraid enough of something, that they were willing to photoshop and go footless rather than leave the difital stuff on there. REALLY odd.
Post 342 IP   flag post
This is such a mess. 🤦‍♂️
Post 343 IP   flag post
I'm not worried about it.
Post 344 IP   flag post
Collector prblankman private msg quote post Address this user
I could care less about Rick and Morty, but this thread is fantastic and I'm really enjoying the group detective work!
Post 345 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
I've got some footless Blu-rays arriving in the next few days, which I'll compare to the DVD comic I got last week.

My DVD case etc. from last week is exactly the same as @kaptainmyke has...except mine did not have the sticker on the shrink wrap.

No idea if the blu-rays will be bootleg or not but either way I'll be able to compare the comic to the one I currently have to see if colours are different.
Post 346 IP   flag post
This is exciting, I can't wait to see some of your sets that arrive in the mail any day now. Locally, I've not been able to find a used copy of Rick and Morty on dvd or bluray anywhere. All the used local shops claim "they go fast" and "can't keep in around here in stock".
Post 347 IP   flag post
Quote:
This is exciting, I can't wait to see some of your sets that arrive in the mail any day now. Locally, I've not been able to find a used copy of Rick and Morty on dvd or bluray anywhere. All the local shops claim "they go fast" and "can't keep in around here in stock".

remember that its the first prints of the DVD that came out in 2014, so i do see how they will still be in stock.

so i dont see how they are going fast, i was at a Walmart and saw like 6 copy of them, but they would be like the 5th 6 prints of the DVD not the 1st.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
remember that its the first prints of the DVD that came out in 2014, so i do see how they will still be in stock.

Yes I know. I'm referring to the used copies. Used bookstores, recordstores, etc.
Post 349 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBomb

The number of staples aren't a great indicator since there are singled and doubled stapled knock-offs.
Both these have been taken off eBay and have active bids which may be unfortunate. I have no relation to either of them.

There is a company's website that was offering reproductions and had all the components shown except for the digital media pamphlet. You may be able to find it with enough searching. I doubt that there was any correlation to the hype since the webpage seemed stale.

Both grading companies are accepting these books. Hope this helps and nothing is the end all-be all in this type of subject matter. Thanks!

there was company offering reproductions, so why not post a link , i think he wants you to buy his LOL
so now its the red color, do you have something to back this up.?
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion

Yes I know. I'm referring to the used copies. Used bookstores, recordstores, etc.

yes old book store may have them, where i found mine, but none of the big store will have it. i should have put that down.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Agreed. So far what I'm seeing does not add up. Most are burgundy. Mine is burgundy. Where is the info on the reproduction company, and are they based out in Florida?
Post 352 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
THIS guy is selling the footless fakes dirt cheap. I've got a few of those on the way from a different seller, looking forward to comparing

here is his ebay store stay away. how does ebay not shut this guy down.
clickable text

he sell fake dvds ass you can see.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Here’s an image I came across of two copies, one clearly being signed and stamped.

Anyone see any reason to believe the “red” logo would be legit?

Post 354 IP   flag post
Okay so I agree the signed ones are bright red. But, are those witnessed signatures? You can make fake sigs, too since they are unverified and unwitnessed. The J and R look "off" to me, and so does Dan's D. Yes, I just talked about Dan's "D". Enjoy it.
Post 355 IP   flag post
597867 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.