Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Check this out. The new one is a lot lighter. Even the ground is darker on mine. (Again, blue painters tape is the one that had the comic inside, purchased 1/20/2017

Post 301 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Others are saying now that the single staple book is all cardstock, while the double staples are thin paper.

This is a first I'm hearing anything about paper quality. Okay, we're getting closer. Mine, which has 2 staples, has thin paperstock. Definitely not a thicker cardstock.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Where are you getting your information, @shrewbeer ?
Post 303 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Look at unboxing vids on youtube, and that original google conversation posted by kilogram here

Scorpion scored a legit single staple bluray, maybe he can chime in on that as well
Post 304 IP   flag post
i meant about the paperstock
Post 305 IP   flag post

Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
yes where is this info coming from, more i said this i say that, i have the 1 staple and paper is thin, not sure how thin u mean, lol
i will put better pic up to night of the one i have.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
i have the 1 staple and paper is thin, not sure how thin u mean, lol

bingo. thank you for that
Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
*puts on tinfoil hat after reading all of that*

I feel prepared now
Post 308 IP   flag post
Dude. This is next level collecting right here. Now you ALL know what I go through with the Ninja Turtle collection. HUNDREDS of variations, printings, color changeouts, repaints, bagged accessories, not bagged, etc. It never ends.
Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke This is why I enjoy this forum
Post 310 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Dude. This is next level collecting right here. Now you ALL know what I go through with the Ninja Turtle collection. HUNDREDS of variations, printings, color changeouts, repaints, bagged accessories, not bagged, etc. It never ends.

I think at best we find out that the single staples are first printings and the doubles are seconds.

Worse, all the doubles are straight fake.

At the very worst, only some of the doubles are fakes and its near impossible to tell the difference lol.

Regardless, it seems all single staples came out of non-suspect boxes and are real.

Getting closer...
Post 311 IP   flag post
Quote:
Regardless, it seems all single staples came out of non-suspect boxes and are real.

What do you have?
Post 312 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

What do you have?

Both (hopefully, if I did my homework on the boxes correctly) en-route

I'd like to be able to submit both of them at the same time for a 2-day modern. No way im waiting 9 months for that baby.
Post 313 IP   flag post
in hand tho?
Post 314 IP   flag post
Quote:
in hand tho?

en-route, shipped. We shall see. Maybe I get f*kd, or maybe they sell me what they described and showed lol
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely just regular paper stock, not card stock. Not as thick as printer paper but still has a nice weight to it. But only one staple. And this was bought right after release, like October or very early November 2014, from best buy if I recall. I know this one is legit. It's the double staple that's getting me all confused. Why would you add a staple, doubling the cost of the stapling?

Post 316 IP   flag post
that's why i think they first started with 2 staples, then realized it was cheaper and adequate to just use one staple. 2 staple versions, if real, would be significantly worth more if true.
Post 317 IP   flag post
They definitely started with 1 staple. All confirmed fake dvds came with 2 staple, and anyone who has shown a legit 2014 bluray 1st run (with the UV stuff) has 1 staple.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Quote:
They definitely started with 1 staple. All confirmed fake dvds came with 2 staple, and anyone who has shown a legit 2014 bluray 1st run (with the UV stuff) has 1 staple.

I’m highly doubtful and suspicious
Post 319 IP   flag post
Quote:
So this one clickable text has the cheap recycable dvd case , original large bluray logo yet has the shiny silvery backside on the bluray disc and it has the comic book. Figure that one out!

that one is real, here better pics of the same one I have.
Fornt of slip case if you guys want to compare.

BACK of slip case

no feet and that is not a sticker covering his feet, its printer on.not sure if all covers are like this

and has the reclye on back[ and blurry is sliver;

not sure what u mean by paper thin its thin but not to thin? LOL

SO RUN OUT AND GET THE ONE THATS ON EBAY LOOKS REAL TO ME.
Post 320 IP   flag post
This is the info I've gathered so far, and how I determined what to purchase (posted elsewhere as well):

1. Bluray copies of RAM season 1 with the dust jacket on front top saying "digital HD ultraviolet" and on back purple UV label covering Jerry's feet: ***these contain a single stapled "The Good Morty", which IS authentic*** this jacket can be seen in the original announcement from the creators, and all sellers with these claim 2014 purchase.

2. Bluray copies which do not have the dust jacket saying ultraviolet on front top and back, and Jerry's feet are missing (no label covering them, just missing) and upc ends in 48: ****these are readily available on ebay, contain a double-stapled "The Good Morty". The Bluray and jacket are confirmed pirated, the book is thus suspect*** I have yet to confirm if this double-staple has the small black error line under the red morty publications box on the back cover, but confirmed the DVD double stapled ones do not have the line.

3. Bluray copies currently on the shelf you can see Jerry's feet, there is no Digital HD UV mention anywhere, and there is no comic.

Here's where it gets tricky:

1. DVD copies of the first run AND subsequent runs are nearly identical, with slight color differences. The first run contain "The Good Morty" with a single staple.

2. DVD's currently on the shelf contain nothing. UPC 28

3. *some DVDs purchased between 2015-2017 have a double-staple book. No clue if these are bootlegs, but evidence so far says they are not. So far confirmed these books do not have the black error line under morty publications on back cover.

Heres the crux: if the confirmed fake blurays contain 2-staple books, are the 2-staple books fake, given the DVDs containing the 2-staple books do not appear to be fake? There is an error variant of the two staple as well (black line under morty publications)

I suspect the double staples are real, except the "black line error" ones that came out of the pirated bluray.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Very well laid out synopsis of the evidence at hand. Very well done, Jake.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Thanks. But of course now theres a lead to more 😂

This seller has a double stapled without the black line, and he calls it a "replica". Im gonna ask him why
Post 323 IP   flag post
no he means a replica of the show one i bet, aw that's cute
Post 324 IP   flag post
He says he thinks its real, but recently bought the dvd on ebay so is covering his ass if it comes out as bootleg. Good man 🍺
Post 325 IP   flag post
Not sure if this is the real thing or fake, now they may be shirking rap them. lol
its a white cause where my is blue??
clickable text

Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector AdamBomb private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone. This thread has a lot of attention since it's inception I've noticed and is still doing well. There's a lot of well deserved discussion on distinguishing the authenticity of 'The Good Morty' mini. Aside from the packaging and the DVD or Blu-ray discrepancies the real interest is in the book. The authentic Morty publications logos will be a classic red. The unauthentic counterparts are more of a burgundy. This will very apparent in-hand. For examples sake I've attached two sets of photos. The first is genuine and the second isn't:

The number of staples aren't a great indicator since there are singled and doubled stapled knock-offs.
Both these have been taken off eBay and have active bids which may be unfortunate. I have no relation to either of them.

There is a company's website that was offering reproductions and had all the components shown except for the digital media pamphlet. You may be able to find it with enough searching. I doubt that there was any correlation to the hype since the webpage seemed stale.

Both grading companies are accepting these books. Hope this helps and nothing is the end all-be all in this type of subject matter. Thanks!
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not sure if this is going to help or not but here’s a shrink wrapped copy with the sticker on it for comparison.

Rare First Ed The Good Morty Comic sealed DVD w Comic book Inside Sticker 2014 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122759077287

(It is definitely not mine)

Edit: I just noticed Scorpion already posted this listing and I also am not certain it is a legit copy)
Post 328 IP   flag post
you can check out your bar-cods here, my is real as the same DVD pic comes Up for it.

my ends with a 42 so look like the blue cause is the real one. have not checked other bard cods.

clickable text
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
@Scorpion

I appreciate it.

I believe I was mixing up the DVD and Blu Ray UPC’s when I first started looking into that as a possible indicator. I also wasn’t sure where the 8 at the end was coming from until you pointed it out so thank you.
Post 330 IP   flag post
601213 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.