CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

CGC says "GOOD MORTY" is 1st appearance now.4564

Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
why did i make two posts.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector joephizz private msg quote post Address this user
Has anybody out there had the above blu-ray cover (the one with no feet) but had a legit blu-ray inside.

If there are legitimate blu-rays with this cover then perhaps there is a two staple version of the comic that is also legitimate.

If every no-feet cover has a bootleg blu-ray in it then it stands to reason that the comic within would also be bootleg.

I'm also saying this as a two-staple version owner.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino_013
FWIW those clips arent for inserts but clips to hold optional disc holders.

Brah. I know this. Disc holder inserts.
Post 253 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
The comic only came in first generation boxes. Yet people are pulling double stable books out of boxes that look like second generation, and the disks are black writable dvds.

My discs are not black. They are silvery. DVDery. Inside a clear box. These are not writable dvds imo.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Such hostility over fakes in this thread.

Mine is not fake. I don't think.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Here’s the back of mine:

Post 256 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
lmao!

So the Kap has just pulled a legit disk out of a 2nd generation box, with a two staple book.

Things are NOT getting clearer
Post 257 IP   flag post
We need more information.
Post 258 IP   flag post
Quote:
So the Kap has just pulled a legit disk out of a 2nd generation box, with a two staple book.

@shrewbeer By second generation box do you mean clear case and no feet on the cardboard cover?
Post 259 IP   flag post
Sorry, I meant blue case without the recycling logo on the inside front cover. Apologies,I was thinking about the dvd case.
Post 260 IP   flag post
But either way, if two staple books are packaged with legit discs, then surely that proves that two staple books are legit. Or at least that SOME two staple books are legit.
Post 261 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
lmao!

Things are NOT getting clearer

I have bootleg DVD's that are not RW discs. As I said earlier in the thread there are some very sophisticated bootleg operations out there.
Post 262 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Such hostility over fakes in this thread.

Mine is not fake. I don't think.

I also used to believe in the Easter Bunny
Post 263 IP   flag post
I just ordered a DVD case that I know is fake and has the comic inside. Dude in Florida has hundreds of them for sale on eBay.

I'd like to see these fakes first hand, and I wanted to watch some early RAM anyways 😁
Post 264 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer marusechkaus? Has a lot of negatives.
Post 265 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@shrewbeer marusechkaus? Has a lot of negatives.

2015usfyodo

* looks like there are quite a few guys in Florida with these
Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I just ordered a DVD case that I know is fake and has the comic inside. Dude in Florida has hundreds of them for sale on eBay.

I'd like to see these fakes first hand, and I wanted to watch some early RAM anyways 😁

post ebay link???
I'd like to see these fakes first hand to.
what is the link so i can get one and compare to the one i have?
Post 267 IP   flag post
Quote:
2015usfyodo

Copy.

So everyone is getting my deets wrong. Here's my version:

Clear DVD case set of season one. Has feet. No text under Beth. Discs are shiny. Discs have serials and numbers in inside lining of discs. There are knobbies for DVD insert holder page, but discs are mounted on each inside DVD door. 1 good Morty 2 staple booklet was inside. Bought both season 1vand season 2 at same time on amazon from amazon directly on amazon prime, not a amazon seller. Season 2 has plumbus manual. Both had a sticker that said comic inside. That's all I know. I bought 4 from amazon last week and none had comic and all were white DVD cases with disc one mounted on a DVD holder insert inside.
Post 268 IP   flag post
all it says is "comes with comic book". clickable text

so you are going to open it. it's going to be empty but with discs. you're gonna message him. he's gonna says well you opened it so no returns or partial refund sorry.

hope u get the comics brah
Post 269 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
2015usfyodo

Copy.

So everyone is getting my deets wrong. Here's my version:

Clear DVD case set of season one. Has feet. No text under Beth. Discs are shiny. Discs have serials and numbers in inside lining of discs. There are knobbies for DVD insert holder page, but discs are mounted on each inside DVD door. 1 good Morty 2 staple booklet was inside. Bought both season 1vand season 2 at same time on amazon from amazon directly on amazon prime, not a amazon seller. Season 2 has plumbus manual. Both had a sticker that said comic inside. That's all I know. I bought 4 from amazon last week and none had comic and all were white DVD cases with disc one mounted on a DVD holder insert inside.

It's really sounding like there was a second printing of the book, even though it was supposed to just be on the first run. Your deets describe a legit 2nd generation case.
Post 270 IP   flag post
So this one clickable text has the cheap recycable dvd case , original large bluray logo yet has the shiny silvery backside on the bluray disc and it has the comic book. Figure that one out!
Post 271 IP   flag post
you guys need to be searching for USED copies on ebay and emailing the seller if there are any inserts inside. you're welcome.
Post 272 IP   flag post
Keep an eye on this link and bookmark it: clickable text
Post 273 IP   flag post
Quote:
So this one clickable text has the cheap recycable dvd case , original large bluray logo yet has the shiny silvery backside on the bluray disc and it has the comic book. Figure that one out!

looks like the same one i have, but i have not pull out the insert to see if it has the recyclable on it, when i get home today and it the same box it is real, remember i bought my about a week go, and ask the guy how long its been there and he said about almost a year, i believe him, as they have way to many old DVD at the store.
i will try to take the same pics as they are on ebay if its the same one.

i will have say that these are most likely the first print runs of the DVD

Post 274 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thats the same one @Scorpion has, just missing the slipcase that says Digital HD UV at the top, its legit
Post 275 IP   flag post
Quote:

This is exactly what I bought here in the UK, from a UK ebayer and had the two staple version also. Came shrink wrapped with Season two (also shrink wrapped) which had the Plumbus manual.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thats the same one @Scorpion has, just missing the slipcase that says Digital HD UV at the top, its legit

Hey all,

Can any of you who have copies that appear to be legit please post a clear pic of the UPC number on the back of the slipcase?

It’s typical the UPC changes as the product does, so when they stopped inserting The Good Morty it may have changed.

This is just a theory, but it may help weed out a substantial amount of copies if it’s determined that only copies with UPC #example are legit copies.

Worth a shot anyway.
Post 277 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother UPC never changed across the various printings, all the same
Post 278 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joephizz
Quote:

This is exactly what I bought here in the UK, from a UK ebayer and had the two staple version also. Came shrink wrapped with Season two (also shrink wrapped) which had the Plumbus manual.

i still think 2 staple is real could be that the blue DVD case run out and the manufacturer had to use a substitute case for them.
did anyone think of that? which happens a lot with DVDs.
Post 279 IP   flag post
I have noticed that *some (over half) of the two-staple ones have this little black line under the red box.

@Kap does yours?

If not, there may be legit two-staple books and the differentiating factor is that line. If I get the fakes I just bought, will be sure to post better pics

Post 280 IP   flag post
597870 498 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.