Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Free Digital Comics and a dumb question...4562

Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Hello CBCS!

First my new guy dumb question...

So do the prices shown on the website include both grading AND slabbing the book? For $18 plus shipping on moderns?

If so, WOW! Thanks

I'm the publisher for CE Publishing Group and all of our digital comics are FREE! Over 2,500 pages of great indie entertainment!
CEPG at Drivethru!

We publish tons of creator owned titles and MEGABOOK! The world's largest FREE digital anthology!

Thanks CBCS!
--Mike Rickaby
http://cepublishinggroup.com/
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The site doesn’t seem to want to play nice with my phone but I look forward to checking it out!

And yes, the prices listed include grading and slabbing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
The page from the link only has digital comics.

While I was able to find a page on "how to sell your comics" I was unable to find any comic books for sale.

Please let me know what I am missing:

Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
The page from the link only has digital comics.

While I was able to find a page on "how to sell your comics" I was unable to find any comic books for sale.

Please let me know what I am missing:

Got a little too excited when you saw the term "free comics"? 😁 Might want to read that post again, there's nothing about comics for sale and it's pretty clear that they are all digital lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer The first paragraph in the OP's quote led me to believe we were talking actual comics because how does a digital comic include grading or slabbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude
Hello CBCS!

So do the prices shown on the website include both grading AND slabbing the book? For $18 plus shipping on moderns?
so, WOW! Thanks

CEPG at Drivethru!

The response indicating that slabbing was involved also led me to believe we were talking actual real comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
The site doesn’t seem to want to play nice with my phone but I look forward to checking it out!

And yes, the prices listed include grading and slabbing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If it was all contained in the same paragraph, I’d agree with you but there is a clear change in subject from one paragraph to the next. The response you quote was only addressing the question posed in the first paragraph
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
If it was all contained in the same oaragraph, I’d agree with you but there is a clear change in subject from one paragraph to the next. The response you quote was only addressing the question posed in the first paragraph

So are there any actual comics (that can be slabbed)? Separate paragraphs or not your conversation is hard to follow.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Seems pretty clear to me. He's first asking about cbcs and then not so subtly promoting his site.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@jrs Got it. I didn't realize the earlier sentence referred to the CBCS website.

I saw the word website with a link below it and thought he was referring to the link.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Seems pretty clear to me. He's first asking about cbcs and then not so subtly promoting his site.

Yea, this is what it's all about. First paragraph was to hook you into reading it all.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hey Fellas

Sorry if the link didn't work. I'm a techno luddite with links

http://www.drivethrucomics.com/browse/pub/4023/CE-Publishing-Group

There is the long Drivethru version link. All of our books are "pay if you want to" but please do not feel obligated in any way whatsoever. We all would much rather have people reading our books than not.

I'm new here and am making plans to slab a bunch of books so just getting into the swing of things.

Say does anyone know if they slab thick graphic novels? I have a few 200-400 pagers I'd like to seal up.

Apologies if you feel promoting free comic books is bad. I'm more than happy to advertise (promo) for CBCS for free anytime/anywhere within our books. So far it appears to be a fabulous service.

Thanks for all your help!
--Mike Rickaby
Post 11 IP   flag post
And also sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I have books personally in my collection that I will be slabbing at CBCS.

And yes, I am a publisher that has free Digital comic books to give away. We have print books also, but those are not at Drivethru. They are at Createspace and cost money so I won't promo them here.

Too many projects, too little time....
--Mike
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
At the request of CEPubDude I modified the title of this thread to

"Free Digital Comics and a dumb question"

Carry on!
Post 13 IP   flag post
597882 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?