Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Help with Michael Turner signatures455

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty familiar with this version of Michael Turner's signature as I saw him sign it dozens of times on my own books

However, I have a few books I'm considering for a red label but they use a signature I'm not familiar with and have yet to see in a yellow label from either grader.

The signature is seen on the Witchblade #1 retailer edition (along with D-Tron) and on the signed Wizard Ace Edition

The photos above aren't my copies but they're the same pre-signed books.

I'm wondering if anyone has an example of either of these signatures in a yellow or even a red label. Given the cost of submitting my copies of the retailer edition (which have additional unwitnessed signatures) I'm curious if that signature has been witnessed or verified in the past or if I'm better off leaving them in their CGC green labels.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I have never seen that version of his sig either although the "M" is extremely similar so i wouldn't be surprised if he had multiple sig styles kinda like Todd McFarlane does. Beautiful books btw!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks! These are also the first two books I ever had graded and some personal favorites. I almost resorted to selling one when the student loan burden got too heavy but the three of us made it theough relatively unscathed.

I kind of figured that the books were also a bit before he really hit it big (both books are from 1996) so I could imagine him using a different signature when he signed these than when he's on the convention trail signing hundreds of books in a matter of hours for fans.

I'm always skeptical of pre-signed books so I just wanted to feel things out a bit before sending them in for red labels.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Skynwalker private msg quote post Address this user
If it helps any, I agree on the Turner sig. There are several elements that are almost a spot on match between the "older" and "newer" version. I'd say the older is authentic as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks!

At the very least I figured the signatures weren't printed or autopenned since the examples I have are different enough and I don't see why they'd go through the expense of having an intern hand sign each book when an autopen could do it cheaper and be just as "authentic."
Post 5 IP   flag post
598061 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?