Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

New Comics for Wednesday Oct 4th - Legacy!4514

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Marvel Legacy is in Full Swing this week with the influx of Lenticular Covers... Who's going to bite, which retailers will have them, and how will the market react to them? There are some I'm interested in, some I'd rather have the regular covers anyway (not because of the stamps, sorry), and some I'm ignoring. What are your thoughts? Batman this week has "the answer". If you're a spoiler-type person, you probably already know what that's all about... I won't say.

What are you looking forward to this week?

Me....
*Batman #32 --- Such a well-written book by King anyway, so why not?
*Green Arrow #32 (Cover A Stjepan Sejic) --- Last of the Gotham Resistance books, and the last of the Sejic covers in this set. They're supposed to be connecting covers, right?
*I Hate Fairyland Special Edition --- This is kind of a Director's Cut of the FCBD I Hate Image book. Of course I'm getting this! If you're into it, there's a Walking Dead appreciation cover... I'm not getting that one, personally, though it is a nice cover.
*Slots #1 (Image) - I'm curious on this one. Vegas setting, "new vision" for Vegas, superstition... Could be good.
* Astonishing X-Men #4 - X-Junkie here...
* Avengers #672 - Ross cover. Just big things happening.
* Old Man Logan #29 - Isn't this on everyone's pull list? If it's not... uhhh.... it should be.
* Venom #155 - Lenticular - WOW...
* X-Men Gold #13 - Half of a connecting cover. I'd much rather have this Art Adams cover over the Lenticular!

What else strikes your fancy???

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of those look fantastic. We will also be grabbing:

*Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica #1 (Adam Hughes Variant)

*Iron Fist # 73 (Lenticular Homage Cover)
Post 2 IP   flag post
That Iron Fist one is pretty awesome! I was looking at pictures of the actual lenticular books (printed) on FB... didn't realize how cool they look. I'm sure they look even better in person. If I can get my hands on them physically, I may get more than planned.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
That Iron Fist one is pretty awesome! I was looking at pictures of the actual lenticular books (printed) on FB... didn't realize how cool they look. I'm sure they look even better in person. If I can get my hands on them physically, I may get more than planned.

Gimmick or not they look great. DCs Action Comics looked so good. Hope its the same for Marvels. Looking forward to the couple I preordered.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Batman #32 - TK! Great writer. Too bad the answer was spoiled
Harley And Ivy Meet Betty And Veronica #1 - Because AH!
Harley Quinn #29 - Because Cho!
Paper Girls #16 - It's back after a(nother) hiatus
Punisher Platoon #1 Because Frank
Spirits Of Vengeance #1Looks Cool
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
Some books I picked up today.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Batman 32 (both covers)
Batman: white knight
Batman: the dawnbreaker
Iron fist 73 (both covers)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCreed
Some books I picked up today.

Those Torque Venomverse Variants are AWESOME!!! I think 1, 2, 3, and 5 are stellar... 4.... not as much. (shrugs)
Post 8 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
- Batman (Vol. 3) #32, the "B" cover.

I did not like the "A" cover. And even though IGN did spoil the answer, the issue contains a major event in modern DC Comics history. But now the question stands: "What is the bigger event: The proposal or the answer?"

And regardless of that answer, the Rebirth is a mixture of the post-Crisis DCU and the New 52. Which means Helena was born, with her adopted family, and an event away from becoming Helena Wayne.

Also... I have to be careful about my budget. So I had to cut out Batman: The White Knight and a few other titles that had me be remotely interested.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
- Batman (Vol. 3) #32, the "B" cover.

I did not like the "A" cover. And even though IGN did spoil the answer, the issue contains a major event in modern DC Comics history. But now the question stands: "What is the bigger event: The proposal or the answer?"

And regardless of that answer, the Rebirth is a mixture of the post-Crisis DCU and the New 52. Which means Helena was born, with her adopted family, and an event away from becoming Helena Wayne.

I didn't even think about the Helena implications... It will be interesting to see if they do something with that!

As for the covers, the "B" Coipel is MUCH better and will likely sell better, though I'm sure both will sell out. Will we end up having a 2nd print with a new cover entirely with her answer on it to pair with the 2nd printing of "the question"? Probably...
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I would think a yes answer makes both books more valuable than a no or even a definite maybe.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Might want to pick up that Batman # 32. Midtown is already out of stock for online orders.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy

I see an Iron Fist in there... How does it look in person?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard - it's pretty cool. Original cover underneath the updated homage. I really like it; helps that I read the title. 🙂
Post 15 IP   flag post
Anyone notice any issues with the quality of the Marvel Lenticular covers?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be hitting up that Iron Man 11 Venomized doom with the Virgin Cover at NYCC for sure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Got 10 of each Batman cover. Picked up 2 each on the lenticulars I liked including 3 of the IF 14 homage. Also got some Hack Slash and Bettie Page variants. Also found a sharp Bronze age book Spectacular Spider-Man 1.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics
Not as good as DCs. Sort of hard to get the full cover of each to show
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
@JLS_Comics
Not as good as DCs. Sort of hard to get the full cover of each to show

Yeah that's what I have seen on a lot of the covers is that each side of the lenticular has a hard time showing up
Post 20 IP   flag post
I don't know if anyone else Has noticed but the batman "B" covers seem to be in rough shape for the last 4 or 5 Issues. The Tim Sale covers seem particularly bad. I've tried ordering them from midtown as well as going to three different shops...they always have numerous horizontal ticks along the spine, most breaking color, This week was no exception this far. I did order one from midtown so I'm hoping the trend is broken. On the contrary the vast majority of the "A" covers have been 9.6-9.8.

I think they are using totally different machines when attaching these covers to the interior.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I don't know if anyone else Has noticed but the batman "B" covers seem to be in rough shape for the last 4 or 5 Issues. The Tim Sale covers seem particularly bad. I've tried ordering them from midtown as well as going to three different shops...they always have numerous horizontal ticks along the spine, most breaking color, This week was no exception this far. I did order one from midtown so I'm hoping the trend is broken. On the contrary the vast majority of the "A" covers have been 9.6-9.8.

I think they are using totally different machines when attaching these covers to the interior.

I’ll vouch for this, my shop had 4 cover Bs all with nasty spine ticks. Dont know about previous issues but thats interesting you mention it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Drogio I was on line at one store today and took one of the B covers out of my pile due to a spine tick even though I drew my books from the middle of each stack.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Here's some pictures of the spines of issues 28 through 31 Variant B covers to show you what I mean about them being in bad shape. Each time I had 3-10 copies to pick from, and traveling to different shops...these were the best condition of all of them. The cover to issue 29 was the worst...probably flipped through 10 copies across 3 local stores...then opted for one from Midtown and it wasn't any better.

Batman 28 (Cover B)

Batman 29 (Cover B)

Batman 30 (Cover B)

Batman 31 (Cover B)
Post 24 IP   flag post
31 isn't TOO bad but all the 32s at my LCS were akin to that 29 there. Rough. I wonder if it's the pressing house or the shipping house??
Post 25 IP   flag post
does anyone think they got the variant B cover of issue 33 in 9.8? Going to be very disappointed if my midtown copy comes in like my issue 29 from them. It was listed as "near mint"...should have sent it back.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my copy of 32, this one was in my pull box and there was not any on the shelf to chose from

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

as was my face
Post 29 IP   flag post
And from date after the artist name on this cover, it appears it was done in 2012 it has been sitting in the can for awhile
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?