Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Comic Of The Week4502

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a fun game for us to play. I know we all buy comics mostly to read, but if I (or anyone) could only buy one comic as an investment this week, which one would it be?

Now, the intent of this question/thread isn't necessarily to debate one's choice, but just to poll what people think and to have fun seeing what everyone is buying multiple copies of this week!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I am going to bend the rule

For short-term flip - this one

In the long run - this one
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio
I'm with Poka so far, though I haven't really done my weekly run down of what's coming out. Supposedly there's a new character coming in Vader??
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Spiderman 300 pretty much every week
Post 4 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@poka A new Inquisitor, huh? I can easily call that a good long-term investment for those who enjoyed season 2 of 'Star Wars Rebels.' No spoilers for those who have not watched it, but will just note that they helped me find a Star Wars series that I could enjoy.

ERRATA: The word "only" was meant to be "easily". Also, watch the season if you have not.
Post 5 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Anywho, @Drogio... Besides the two @poka have suggested, the one I would have bought as an investment (and only if I was going to do a complete run of the series) is Batman: White Knight #1. Something tells me that unless they screw up, it is one title that many people will be talking about.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Spiderman 300 pretty much every week

I suppose I should have clarified the intent is to name an issue available off the new comics racks released this Wednesday..Which would exclude back issues and special order variant covers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Drogio I am going to bend the rule

For short-term flip - this one

In the long run - this one

Bending the rules is fine. I didn't think Of short term vs. long term gain. Way to think outside the box!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Do we want SPOILERS or no because I just read an article on IGN.com pertaining to Batman #32! 😎
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Do we want SPOILERS or no because I just read an article on IGN.com pertaining to Batman #32! 😎

let's just hope they don't make it into a romance serie - lol

Btw - batman 32 starting to sell out online but midtown still has cover A
Post 10 IP   flag post
@poka Which has me glad that my order went through.

I ordered two copies of the "B" cover through Midtown, and found out that my order went through hours later. My original thought was that I had canceled it, but it appears that was not the case. So all I can do now is hope that my copies are in 9.6/9.8 condition.

Also, I should add that if I have both graded... The highest graded one will be part of my permanent collection. The lowest will be given as an engagement gift to my second/next fiancee.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
@poka

Also, I should add that if I have both graded... The highest graded one will be part of my permanent collection. The lowest will be given as an engagement gift to my second/next fiancee.

Two things come to mind.
1) is the last part a short term or long run plan?
2) good to see that you have the priorities in order - not sure it will be an advantage finding the true one 😝
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Two things come to mind.
1) is the last part a short term or long run plan?
2) good to see that you have the priorities in order - not sure it will be an advantage finding the true one 😝

1) Long-term. I rarely go after anything that involves/includes major events. But if things go as planned, it will be stored alongside any other collectibles I manage to keep/have graded.

2) Thanks. I was engaged once before, but it did not work out. So my only hope is to have the next one feel like she is the Selena Kyle to my Bruce Wayne.
Post 13 IP   flag post
598060 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?