Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #224418

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids thats the way it seems. He was still human here as well, so I do agree with the #22 getting the 1st full and price bump. (I posted this in another thread we had a while back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I just read the story. First appearance of H-alpha is taHulk #21.

Cameo i guess? Idk. But here he is.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Was it just flashbacks that cbcs didn't recognize as first appearances, or were cameos also excluded from the notation as well. Gues I should look at a hulk 180 graded by cbcs...

Not sure when an issue gets labeled as a cameo vs. full appearance. Both cbcs and cgc just note Batman 357 as Jason Todd's first appearance although it's only one small corner cell on one page. I think he continues to have cameos for several issues so not sure what would qualify as his first "full" appearance, anyway.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
TAG #21 has the character shown on the final page only, while still in human form.

The character is shown as undergoing the surgical procedure of becoming Weapon H, on that last page.

The cover of #21 also selects the character on the operating table, about to be transformed into Weapon H.

Weapon H is shown in full form, on the cover of #22, and throughout the book, as Weapon H.

I bet the CGC 9.8 slab, of #21, in auction now, will fetch around $200.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

$200? For the "cameo"? That seems high. I would be surprised if it goes for much more than $50 bucks.

I agree with your reasoning, though, of why #22 is considered the "first" appearance. I think the market is right on that one. Now if we could only go back and fix the Darkseid junk.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

$200? For the "cameo"? That seems high. I would be surprised if it goes for much more than $50 bucks.

I agree with your reasoning, though, of why #22 is considered the "first" appearance. I think the market is right on that one. Now if we could only go back and fix the Darkseid junk.

1st cameo/1st partial app....only CGC 9.8....(no CBCS 9.8's graded yet, either).... on eBay no..... & the book already has 22 watchers on it & it hasn't even been on eBay for 24 hours yet.

IMHO, the seller shoulda put it up at $250 BIN + priority insured shipping and I'd BET that with it being the 1st to market, it would have sold within no more than 48 hours, probably under 24 hours.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
1st cameo/1st partial app....only CGC 9.8....(no CBCS 9.8's graded yet, either).... on eBay no..... & the book already has 22 watchers on it & it hasn't even been on eBay for 24 hours yet.

IMHO, the seller shoulda put it up at $250 BIN + priority insured shipping and I'd BET that with it being the 1st to market, it would have sold within no more than 48 hours, probably under 24 hours.

I agree it would possibly sell at a ~$200 BIN, maybe more. It only takes one (excited, eager) person willing to pull the trigger. But with the auction...? I don't know. I tend to think the "watchers" are other people who have one, and want to know what they should sell theirs for. Or to help them decide if they should get theirs slabbed. If I am interested in that, I'll "watch" an auction too. If I want to bid or snipe, however, then I'll bid the minimum, just to get in the game, see the auction on my "bid" list.

So I never really think a lot of watchers helps on the price much. But maybe I'm wrong ... I don't have much data to work with there.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out the price in a couple days, eh?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I tend to think the "watchers" are other people who have one, and want to know what they should sell theirs for. Or to help them decide if they should get theirs slabbed.

Well you're right about at least one of the watchers (me) 😁🍺
Post 32 IP   flag post
Ended at $132

A #22 9.8 just sold for 172 as well, price is certainly dropping!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Is issue 21 catching up?!

clickable text
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Weapon H is getting his own title:

https://www.newsarama.com/36760-hulked-out-wolverine-weapon-h-getting-his-own-title.html

How good/well received that is could have some bearing on the future value of these issues, I'd guess?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan

Nice
Post 36 IP   flag post
Boom goes the dynamite.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan

https://www.newsarama.com/36760-hulked-out-wolverine-weapon-h-getting-his-own-title.html

How good/well received that is could have some bearing on the future value of these issues, I'd guess?

This will DEFINITELY increase the prices of TAH 21 and #22

Related early appearances will also increase.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Ended at $132

A #22 9.8 just sold for 172 as well, price is certainly dropping!

The #21 ended at $132 + $12.95 shipping for USA located buyers.

The seller should have put that TAH 21 CGC 9.8 up at $200 BIN + shipping.

This sale was before the character, was given his own title, which was announced, just several hours ago today.

This is how the modern comic market works:

When prices drop on short printed moderns, they drop by 10-20% after the hype wave passes.

When the first wave hit, is when I sold a raw but, CGC & CBCS grade guarabteed, 9.8 for $170.50 + shipping.I covered insurance and signature confirmation.

I than sold two CGC 9.8 TAH #22 via a pre-sale format, at $225 each, plus insured shipping....at this time it was selling anywhere from $40-$100 from low feedback eBay sellers with just a pic of the book in a polybag and board.

0 feedback eBay sellers were getting $50 for a book without back cover pics, let alone scans

Than, the initial wace started to subside and prices started dropping slightly.

Than they may, speaking of moderns in general, drop more, upwards of 50%, if the new character is not well received by comics fans.Or if it is a movie oe TV show that flops.

On the other hand, and this is the case with Weapon H:

If a new character gets a lot of positive feedback from collectors and casual readers, in the form of re-orders,reprintings and the character is THEN given his own title....the prices go back UP, and they go up further, when the first issue hits comic shops.

As the title picks up steam, TAH #22 will become a modern age key book.TAH #21, to a lesser degree.

Short printed books,2 in total.

1st cameo App. and than 1st full appearances, with no variants to chase equates...Winner Winner, Steak & Lobster Dinner.

-Edited this post for typos.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@CopperAgeKids Dude, thanks for laying that out. A very good explanation of the cycle of pricing on moderns. BTW, are you thinking we should be buying several of issue 21, and 22 in NM/M condition? It sounds like it to me. Of course, a lot will depend on how the new book with the character does over time. I hope the character doesn't go the way of Lobo.

I'd like to see a What If of the character vs Banner's Hulk, and Logan. I think that would be a great read and if they got Philip Tan, or Agustin Padilla to draw it then I would be a happy guy.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@CopperAgeKids Dude, thanks for laying that out. A very good explanation of the cycle of pricing on moderns. BTW, are you thinking we should be buying several of issue 21, and 22 in NM/M condition? It sounds like it to me. Of course, a lot will depend on how the new book with the character does over time. I hope the character doesn't go the way of Lobo.

I'd like to see a What If of the character vs Banner's Hulk, and Logan. I think that would be a great read and if they got Philip Tan, or Agustin Padilla to draw it then I would be a happy guy.

You're welcome, Tow.

And thanks for the kind words, as well.

I was not trying to give investment tips, my post waa mostly directed towards the half dozen or so posters in this thread that were projecting negativity towards the character, and its potential.

But yeah, if you can find raw NM/MT's of TAH 21,22 at a con, than yes, buy them.

Same goes for eBay but you're rolling the dice with raws, not bought in person.

TAH 21, 22 are good buys IMO in terms of quick flips as in less than 2 months of purchase in, graded form.

Buy and relist for 2x your cost.at current slabbed 9.8 prices, even 9.6's and slabbed 9.4's.

This is part of the reason why I say that:

http://www.cbr.com/interview-greg-pak-weapon-x/

Long term, I think #22 in 9.8 slabbed will be a $500-$1000 book... if the character is popular enough to show up in Marvel movies or Netflix, which I am fairly sure that will eventually be the case.

It won't likely be as big as Nyx #3, but it will be pretty close, in the long term.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I never read a single Lobo comic, to address that. Never liked the character but he has a large following, and always has.
Post 42 IP   flag post
601275 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?