Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I finally finished pulling and sorting the books I am bringing to the show. I am sure I forgot one or two but they will just have to wait until next time.

Next step is to load up the car and head out.

If I can leave here by noon I will stop by The Encounter Comics in Allentown, PA in a couple hours to break up my trip to Lancaster, PA where I am staying with family tonight.

Plan is to get to the show a couple hours early tomorrow with the hope of being able to leave early on Sunday. Monday I head out to Costa Rica for about a week giving me less than 48 hours to get ready for NYCC when I return.

I planned to submit about half of my books to CBCS at this show but life seems to intrude so they will just get everything at Edison in November.

The fun never seems to stop.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Have fun.
Was planning to attend but, like you said, LIFE !
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Did they ever release a list of con exclusives?
Last time I checked, the website didn't show any.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Have fun. Trinity Comics will be there and hopefully they'll be able to get my Miller sketch done. Fingers crossed!
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I've never been to the Baltimore CC (or Baltimore itself, for that matter). How has the CC been in years past? I've read that it is one of the best to attend if one's intent is to find a good assortment of high quality comics without all the movie / TV personality hubbub. If so, then I need to get there next year since that sounds like it would be right up my alley.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Great show, one of the few still focused on comics. Just got into PA. Might stop for ice cream before I stop at the comic shop.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I've never been to the Baltimore CC (or Baltimore itself, for that matter). How has the CC been in years past? I've read that it is one of the best to attend if one's intent is to find a good assortment of high quality comics without all the movie / TV personality hubbub. If so, then I need to get there next year since that sound like it would be right up my alley.

Being from the east coast I've been to several other shows and Baltimore is truly a comic show. yes they have the 'media guests' but they're usually away from all the artists etc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos @kclaw97 Awesome. Thanks for the responses. I'll have to plan a trip sometime.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Are you coming over to the dinner Saturday night? If not, send me a PM and maybe we can meet up during the day or after the dinner, if it doesn't run too late.

I can't get there for Friday do to work conflict, so I'll only be there Saturday & Sunday.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@drchaos Are you coming over to the dinner Saturday night? If not, send me a PM and maybe we can meet up during the day or after the dinner, if it doesn't run too late.

I can't get there for Friday do to work conflict, so I'll only be there Saturday & Sunday.

I'll be there Saturday & Sunday with my cart! 😜
Post 10 IP   flag post
I will also have a wheeled cart with a short box. I am wearing my blue Nike shirt with jeans and sneakers. Looking forward to putting some faces to screen names.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@antoniofett @drchaos You guys are killing me. Carts at a con are one of my biggest pet peeves. If your carts get in my way, you have to buy me a drink Saturday night. That's the rule!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
@antoniofett @drchaos You guys are killing me. Carts at a con are one of my biggest pet peeves. If your carts get in my way, you have to buy me a drink Saturday night. That's the rule!

Deal! If you call me out at the con I'll totally buy you a drink!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I will also have a wheeled cart with a short box. I am wearing my blue Nike shirt with jeans and sneakers. Looking forward to putting some faces to screen names.

I'll be rocking a cart with a black and yellow tote wearing a flash shirt or super man shirt! I'll keep an eye out for you!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy There are some on the website now... I like those Dark Ark covers
Post 15 IP   flag post
Yeah I might have to grab some
Post 16 IP   flag post
Got to the floor around 11AM got exclusives from Graphitti, Dynamite, Valiant,Boom!, Aftershock, and IDW. Spent $450 just on six DC covers (5 copies x $15 x 6 covers). Finished buying exclusives about 20 minutes before doors opened at 1PM.

Got 54 signatures from Klaus Jsnson, 19 from Tom Palmer. Also got my Astonishing X-Men books signed by Soule, Morales, and McGuiness.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Got to the floor around 11AM got exclusives from Graphitti, Dynamite, Valiant,Boom!, Aftershock, and IDW. Spent $450 just on six DC covers (5 copies x $15 x 6 covers). Finished buying exclusives about 20 minutes before doors opened at 1PM.

Got 54 signatures from Klaus Jsnson, 19 from Tom Palmer. Also got my Astonishing X-Men books signed by Soule, Morales, and McGuiness.

See you tomorrow dude!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.parkingpanda.com/invite/kir6z2

https://www.parkingpanda.com/invite/kir6z2

Copy and paste the above URL address into your browser and get 5 DOLLARS in parking credit through Parking Panda.
Or just click on the hyper link above, that reads as "clickable text"

I just paid $9.50, with NO DISCOUNT at all, for 18 hours worth of parking at 25 S Charles Garage 26 Light St Baltimore, MD ....thru Parking Panda....that address is one tenth of a mile from the Con itself.

FYI, the lot across the street from the convention center is $30.....and you gotta wait in line to pay.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids My parking was less but I am at 220 N Charles St for Fri and Sat. I forget where I am Sunday.

I should be easy to spot tomorrow wearing my black Third Eys Comics shirt. I posted a pic of it in the Toronto Expo thread.

Not planning on going to the restaurant tomorrow since I am not on the list and everyone will be in the back room instead of the bar.

Tomorrow's priorities are Sigs from Amanda Connor, Jimmy Palmotti, Steve Orlando, and Tynion. I also have a couple books for Linser, Soule, and Palmer.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Was feeling wiped out when I got back to my car earlier but after eating lunch I feel like a new man. Got over 100 books signed this morning. Ready to go back now.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@drchaos you're on a tear! That's fun! Any good exclusives?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
@drchaos you're on a tear! That's fun! Any good exclusives?
six DC foil exclusives from Graffiti, half with signatures already, lots of other great stuff.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@drchaos awesome! Can't wait to see your thread! Lol
Post 24 IP   flag post
@drchaos I got 76 books signed, I missed the tom king line as it filled up in minutes! Hope I can get him tomorrow!
Post 25 IP   flag post
I only got 25 or so signed todsy. I'm a slacker! Back at the hotel to relax a bit before the dinner tonight.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
I only got 25 or so signed todsy. I'm a slacker! Back at the hotel to relax a bit before the dinner tonight.

What hotel did you get? I'm at the days inn across the street
Post 27 IP   flag post
@antoniofett Lord Baltimore. About 4 blocks away
Post 28 IP   flag post
Finished getting Sigs around 6pm. Picked up 31 variant covers, UXM 50, Hellblazer 1, Absolute Vertigo 1, and WD Survivor's Guide 1 from my friend Oliver's booth. Great deal from him as always. Back at my hotel now watching Rick and Morty.

Hoping to get the rest of my Sigs and need on my way out of town by 2:30pm tomorrow.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Finished getting Sigs around 6pm. Picked up 31 variant covers, UXM 50, Hellblazer 1, Absolute Vertigo 1, and WD Survivor's Guide 1 from my friend Oliver's booth. Great deal from him as always. Back at my hotel now watching Rick and Morty.

Hoping to get the rest of my Sigs and need on my way out of town by 2:30pm tomorrow.

Where did you find the hellblazer variant?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601340 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?