Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

"The Punisher" Is Here.4403

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I still need to watch the Defenders but I told myself that I need to finish Iron Fist first which I am struggling to get through. The acting is just terrible.

I didn't hate Iron Fist but it is by far the least of Netflix's Marvel adaptations. The Defenders make far better use of Iron Fist and we learn more about him and the Hand. You actually won't miss out on too much (which is the real problem with Iron Fist - nothing much happens) if you just skip over it and go to the Defenders.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
So that trailer was pretty bada$$
Studio has teased that the show will be released hard and fast, meaning it'll show up in your queue unannounced.

So when? Courtesy of leak we may know now. See below.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
https://youtu.be/lIY6zFL95hE

This series looks pretty intense.

Probably the best use of a Metallica song I've seen in a trailer.

Not enough guns or violence. Needs more deaths.

Seriously just who is this drivel aimed at? No discerning adult I know would go within a million miles of this appalling garbage.

And I certainly would not let any kids watch this.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
None of the Marvel Netflix shows are intended for kids.

Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Defenders

Are all "MA" rated, I believe.

I do wish they offered original comic book programs with a lighter tone, just to balance it out.

Not all the shows need to be dark. The Punisher deserves that tone, though.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Cloak & Dagger, the Runaways and The New Warriors are coming. Cloak & Dagger looks like a high school drama and we've yet to see how they're gonna approach Runaways or New Warriors but I think it's safe to say that they won't be MA. Cloak & Dagger may not be especially light-hearted and Runaways has that capacity but I can't imagine a show with Squirrel Girl in the cast to be anything but fun.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Oh, I was thinking of Netflix originals. They make such high quality stuff.

Cloak & Dagger, as well as New Warriors as far as I know, are on FreeForm. I'll watch, but my expectations are low.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
About half way through season 1 and I'm enjoying it.

It's a good mix of violence, social and political commentary, and good storytelling.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@OrbitCityComics I finished it last night. I wouldn’t call it “Amazing” but it was Very Good. I really miss seeing Frank play off the polar opposite ideology of Daredevil. Instead, it’s more about shades of gray (or black, even) since most of the characters share a similar past and were thus broken in similar ways. It also has a strong “how do you move on after being broken in the military theme” to it.

It actually wasn’t as violent as I was expecting. Don’t get me wrong, it can get downright gruesome, especially in the last couple of episodes, but it’s not the Punisher mowing down criminals every episode. Not that it’s a bad thing.

I was kind of sad that the Gnucci crime family reference in the first episode didn’t pan out but maybe they can bring Ma Gnucci in for season 2, along with some polar bear punching

Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i like karen.

edit: and polar bears.

so confused.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
A few lines lifted from The Wire.

A lot more sex than I would have thought.

Character development is better than I would have imagined for a comic book series.

Not as many F bombs as I would have thought.

Looking forward to season 2.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Been a Punisher fan since 89. Sure I can nit pick it too death but for what it is I really enjoyed it. Just started watching it for the second time
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Holy shit balls I just finished the last episode. Goddamn Jon Berenthal is so good as Frank Castle. What a good season. Sets up season 2 perfectly.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I'm about half-way through. It's interesting enough to keep watching, but I'm not hooked. There's something about it that makes it feel disjointed & not as cohesive as the other Marvel/Netflix series to date.

That said, I'm in for the ride & I'm sure it'll improve.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
They have medication for your symptoms, slim
Post 39 IP   flag post
More Punisher?
Post 40 IP   flag post
597964 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?