Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze Age

Whitman three Pack ASM #194- Value?440

Collector Mheisler private msg quote post Address this user
What is this Whitman three pack worth containing ASM #194?? The books look mint, the bag is sealed, any info is appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Quicksilver private msg quote post Address this user
A Whitman 9.8 CGC sold for over 700 on ebay recently. Whitman is not stated on the label. Presently Whitman Marvels are not as desired but I would bet this will change, especially for a key like this one. Nice find!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Idk. To me thats a keeper. You grade it then you lose the poly bag, which is the cool factor for me.

I have a bunch of these 3 packs but nothing with a big key that i know of.
I'd keep it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Idk. To me thats a keeper. You grade it then you lose the poly bag, which is the cool factor for me.

Oh, poly bag! I though that was the new CGC case.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
The bag is eating away at the book!
It's no more valuable in that bag than it is out of it.
The right thing to do for the book is to get it out of there and send it to get cleaned, the poly is deteriorating and depositing chemicals on the cover and edges.

I know this to be fact.
I've liberated poly 3 packs before and the front and back books had deposits on the covers touched by the bag.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Mheisler private msg quote post Address this user
Really? I was planning on keeping it in the bag for as someone mentioned, the "cool factor", but I don't want it to be damaged
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously, the poly bag is not the best thing for long term storage. Then again it has been in that bag over 25 years now? Ultimately, though, it is best to free it from that environment and store in mylar with an alkaline buffered backing board. Put the poly bag itself in another mylar/board if you want keep it for nostalgia's sake.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
Seriously, the poly bag is not the best thing for long term storage. Then again it has been in that bag over 25 years now? Ultimately, though, it is best to free it from that environment and store in mylar with an alkaline buffered backing board. Put the poly bag itself in another mylar/board if you want keep it for nostalgia's sake.

This
Post 8 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I have the todd McFarlane spiderman 1s still in their poly bag. I have them sitting in a mylar and backing board. And they have been in there since day one. removed the comics and the silver /black cover is the only one that can be identified the other cover looks like any other copy. So I will be keeping them in the bag. the bag will break down. but stored ideally will last as long as possible. well as long as I collect I hope
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Idk that has got to be a rare 3 pack. Ive got a bunch of old 3 packs from the early 70s and the books look brand new. The bags are a little worn on the outside but the books are nice.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
$1.10?
Post 11 IP   flag post
597967 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?