Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
how much

Free if you want them. I’m not a dealer, nor a flipper. I have a couple of extra sets.
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@Symbiote I didn't know it would become political nor did I seek it going that way. PM's with another member of this community that the mods can look at would show that. Thanks for once again attempting to paint me one way when you have zero factual information to back up what you accuse me of doing. I believe that's twice in less than 18 hours.

He's not lyin'. He really did give CAK the benefit of the doubt, even after I said it was gonna be political bs.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote
Who takes responsibility for the most recent lock? The guy who changed his avatar or the guy who went off topic and set him up by asking him specifically about it, knowing it would get political?

That's a very good question.
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Who takes responsibility for the most recent lock? The guy who changed his avatar or the guy who went off topic and set him up by asking him specifically about it, knowing it would get political?

Which was answered.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

Which was answered.

In your opinion.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
sure thing!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know Towmatters' intention.

Anyone besides Tow himself, can't say what or what was not, his intention.

HOW about I will just suck it up and accept any "blame", for the lock.

If Tow says he didn't flag my posts, I believe him.

All a moderator would have to be doing is watching that thread, while it was active, and decide it shoukd be locked.

And it's safe to assume tgat was the case, given the thread title itself and the previous activity.

Hell, if I was a mod, I would have locked that thread myself, right after reading the last post of mine, in that thread.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Why? I’ve stated I didn’t know what CAK intent behind his avatar change was. I expressed this In my conversation with Sherbrew...

“I give him the benefit of the doubt as he might be honoring Sgt. Johnson or the family. Maybe he knew them. It is a different photo to use to express ones grief but we all grieve differently.”

I went ahead and asked CAK about it for a personal reason. I watch a friend on mine die about a foot away from me when I was in my 20’s. I asked because I thought that maybe CAK was experiencing the type of grief I went through and maybe I could share my experience to possibly help with what I thought he might be going through.

I hope the above helps put the “witch hunt”, innuendo, and false accusations of why I posted what I posted to an end.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user

Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why? I’ve stated I didn’t know what CAK intent behind his avatar change was. I expressed this In my conversation with Sherbrew...

“I give him the benefit of the doubt as he might be honoring Sgt. Johnson or the family. Maybe he knew them. It is a different photo to use to express ones grief but we all grieve differently.”

I went ahead and asked CAK about it for a personal reason. I watch a friend on mine die about a foot away from me when I was in my 20’s. I asked because I thought that maybe CAK was experiencing the type of grief I went through and maybe I could share my experience to possibly help with what I thought he might be going through.

I hope the above helps put the “witch hunt”, innuendo, and false accusations of why I posted what I posted to an end.

Towmatter,

I appreciate this post, I never took what you posted as having some sort of ill intent, or hidden agenda.Or anything like that.

Your posts are are well written and you come across as intelligent and fair minded.

I think that we simply had a disagreement.There is nothing inherently wrong with disagreements.

It is when disagreements become personal attacks, that is the problem.FTR, I am going to add thst I did and do not feel personally attacked by you.

The disagreement was escalated by a forum member who felt the need to respond to both my post (and yours, but mostly mine) with one or two liner bashings.

I am not referring to posters who said things like "Let's get this thread back on track".

That sentiment is fine.

I am referring to the posters, who posted up inane one or two liner talking points, which may have well been copy & pasted off of Fox News or MSNBC, for all.of the lack of insight that they demonstrated.There was really only one or two of them, one in particular but I am not going to mention names.

That demonstrates a clear lack of original thought and that is not helpful.

That is what bothered me the most.

DocBrown, who I tend to largely disagree with on many political issues, was on point with the single post he contributed, in that thread, after I answered the question about my avatar.His comment, which I qouted for reference towards the end of that thread, was virtually ignored.

Now,regarding Johnson,I have never met the man. This fact is irrelevant. I will say the following, to articulate my point, if it was not clear before.

An individual(s) does not need to be personally acquainted with another individual(s), to feel empathy and grief for another human being(s), when great suffering/grief is clearly apparent.

That photo of his widow literally choked me up, when I saw it.

So yes, I grieve for Johnson's widow and his children.

Just like the idea of boatloads of other servicemen dying saddens me, whose names I do not even know.

Just like I feel empathy for others who are needlessly suffering, across the whole damn world.

If anyone does not feel empathy when viewing that picture of Johnson's widow, such a person has seriously flawed character issues.

All that said , I am fine with accepting any fault for getting that thread locked.

I am all for moving on.

I will not discuss this topic any longer.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
The thing that bothers me about this board at times is that there are a handful of actors who spiral a thread down the sinkhole of politics.

Comic books have a long history of having a political bend. If people want to talk about politics as it pertains to a certain story, then I see how it's relevant.

What is often see on this board is the same small handful of people who turn everything into some political bender that has nothing to do with with whatever the subject of a thread is.

My advice is simple:. If you want to talk comics, then let's talk comics. If you want to talk politics, then there are thousands of places on the internet to do so.

After the moderators and Steve put a finer point on this boards etiquette, I've personally decided to stop engaging in a conversation with people as soon as they start putting a political slant to their posts.

CBCS is not required to give us this forum. It's a nice perk, but we need to be respectful guests, and to act like the adults we say we all are.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
No, you're to kind, Brah. If you want any of the variants on the Dark Days The Casting let me know. I'll send them to you stores address and to your attention.

If you're offering, I would like a single set.
Not for free though.
Post 62 IP   flag post
I forgot to put this in my last post.

Those that have attempted to imply that I somehow caused the stoppage of the thread in question have alluded to as their proof that mine was the last post and then the thread ended. That indicates I have a special power over the mods and can dictate what they do. I find that comical.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Those that have attempted to imply that I somehow caused the stoppage of the thread in question have alluded to as their proof that mine was the last post and then the thread ended. That indicates I have a special power over the mods and can dictate what they do. I find that comical.

You could've asked him that question via private message, just sayin'.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
No, you're to kind, Brah. If you want any of the variants on the Dark Days The Casting let me know. I'll send them to you stores address and to your attention.

If you're offering, I would like a single set.
Not for free though.

Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Symbiote private msg quote post Address this user
Comical? Not really.

You have no special power, just a report button.

Here's exhibit B, or the character witness, if you will.

Another locked thread, with you as the last poster pleading for it to get locked.

Leave the locks up to the mods, please.

Now go ahead and wack that report button, like the last time you saw this image.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

I guess, that certain poster you like to act like a gnat around isn't on-line here or the other places you like to bother them. Oh, well.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't seen anyone accuse you of anything.

That said, however, you're painting a word picture, a narrative, that may not be in line with what others see/perceive about you.

These are the sorts of things you've been doing to others...or, if I'm giving you some benefit of the doubt, others have perceived you doing to others...since you joined this board: openly and persistently question motives, obliquely impugn people's character just for disagreeing about topics that aren't even related to character, post memes to try to get a conversation shut down, ignore explicit directions given to you by mods to not communicate with certain people, but then hold others to those same directions, etc.

So is it such a surprise that people might question your motives, despite your protestations to the contrary, when you've demonstrated unequivocally that you're so very willing to question the motives of others with regularity...? Is it a surprise that what you've been doing to others would, in turn, be done to you...?

I don't say this to offend you, and I don't say this to "pile on"...I say it because it's clearly something that is bothering you, enough to continue the conversation, so perhaps you might consider a different perspective.

I agree with everything Symbiote has said, here. I'm not going to "like" those posts, because using the "like" system to "send a message" is inappropriate. It's nice to not be the only one willing to say these things, because of the very real fact that serious conversations get shut down constantly, by people...including you, if we're being honest...who actively try to get them shut down.

You may not agree with this...I expect you won't...but maybe it's something to consider.

I only say these things because you seem to be looking for understanding. Personally, it is my fervent wish that everyone would set aside their personal opinions about others, and just talk about the topics at hand, rather than having almost every single thread...including this one...be an endless passive/aggressive running commentary about other posters, every other post laced with subtle, and not-so-subtle snide remarks about people. It's not productive, it doesn't help anyone, and it creates an environment that is, at best, unpleasant.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess, that certain poster you like to act like a gnat around isn't on-line here or the other places you like to bother them. Oh, well.

Thank you for saying this. It's a tremendous encouragement to see others not just notice that this has been going on for a long time now, but to risk social status and stigma to say it "out loud."

Thank you very much.
Post 69 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

There are times when you could have done the same.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:

I haven't seen anyone accuse you of anything.

That said, however, you're painting a word picture, a narrative, that may not be in line with what others see/perceive about you.

These are the sorts of things you've been doing to others...or, if I'm giving you some benefit of the doubt, others have perceived you doing to others...since you joined this board: openly and persistently question motives, obliquely impugn people's character just for disagreeing about topics that aren't even related to character, post memes to try to get a conversation shut down, ignore explicit directions given to you by mods to not communicate with certain people, but then hold others to those same directions, etc.

So is it such a surprise that people might question your motives, despite your protestations to the contrary, when you've demonstrated unequivocally that you're so very willing to question the motives of others with regularity...? Is it a surprise that what you've been doing to others would, in turn, be done to you...?

I don't say this to offend you, and I don't say this to "pile on"...I say it because it's clearly something that is bothering you, enough to continue the conversation, so perhaps you might consider a different perspective.

I agree with everything Symbiote has said, here. I'm not going to "like" those posts, because using the "like" system to "send a message" is inappropriate. It's nice to not be the only one willing to say these things, because of the very real fact that serious conversations get shut down constantly, by people...including you, if we're being honest...who actively try to get them shut down.

You may not agree with this...I expect you won't...but maybe it's something to consider.

I only say these things because you seem to be looking for understanding. Personally, it is my fervent wish that everyone would set aside their personal opinions about others, and just talk about the topics at hand, rather than having almost every single thread...including this one...be an endless passive/aggressive running commentary about other posters, every other post laced with subtle, and not-so-subtle snide remarks about people. It's not productive, it doesn't help anyone, and it creates an environment that is, at best, unpleasant.

I certain don't mean to offend you but the items you laid out in your post are kind of the pot calling the kettle black. Mirror much?
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Who cares if someone reports a thread or a post?

If it wasn't worth moderation it wouldn't be moderated.

It doesn't matter who pushes the button.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylinguini
Who cares if someone reports a thread or a post?

If it wasn't worth moderation it wouldn't be moderated.

It doesn't matter who pushes the button.

I think you just wrote one of the truest things I have ever read on a forum.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:

I certain don't mean to offend you but the items you laid out in your post are kind of the pot calling the kettle black. Mirror much?

This is exactly what I and others are referring to. You don't take what I had to say seriously, are offended by it, and respond with a flippant comment. Regardless of the substance of your reply, replying with a flippant, offended comment isn't going to resolve anything.

I do not want you to imagine that this sort of "posting style" that you employ has gone unnoticed.

The answer to your comment is no. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't make snide, snarky comments if I think someone is being earnest with me. If there are people who have a problem with me, I avoid them, until and unless they start talking to or about me. I take comments at face value, even from those I don't get along with. I'm not stupid, and neither are you: I think we're both quite capable of telling, most of the time, when there's subtext going on, especially when someone repeats, in a mocking way, what others say verbatim elsewhere (either here or on another site.)

I'm saying that the subtle and not-so-subtle sideswipes at people, impugning their motives and character, and setting people up to potentially get them in hot water, doesn't serve any good purpose.

You've done it to me, you've done it to CAK, you've done it to Symbiote, and you've done it to others.

I don't see eye to eye with CAK. I think, on a great many issues, he is desperately misinformed. Frankly, I think he's out to lunch on quite a few issues, and doubtless he thinks the same thing about me. But I don't treat him like a scumbag, with open contempt, and impugn his motives and character, just because I disagree with him. I don't sneer and roll my eyes when I see his posts. It's why we have a respectful relationship and can talk about things we DO agree on. CAK has, more than most, the right (if you can call it that) to hold a grudge against others and lash out. He's been mocked without mercy. And yet, from what I've seen, he hasn't lashed out, which is hugely admirable. That alone is worth a measure of respect, even if his ideas and expressions aren't always in line with reality.

All I'm saying is that you...and me, and everyone...could do a LOT better at not always assuming the absolute worst in everybody, and treating people...whether you think they deserve it or not, whether you think THEY are doing it or not...with basic courtesy and respect. Just think what could happen if you took the first step and offered an olive branch. It may be accepted, it may be trampled, who knows? But what IS for sure is that if you are doing the trampling, you've never going to see if someone else held one out to you.

I've noticed that the environment here has gotten A LOT better in the last couple of weeks. I think quite a few people have not only taken what Steve Ricketts had to say seriously, but stopped and re-examined their own motives...mine included!...and perhaps have come to a different perspective about others. I won't mention names, because some people might find that condescending to say, but there are a handful of people who *I think* have made tremendous improvements in how they treat others, demonstrating both a willingness to listen and consider what others have had to say. That's huge progress.

I will tell you this: poisoning the well...that is, persistently and aggressively portraying others in a negative manner...is real, and causes real, long term damage. Think about how what you say and how you say it affects others and influences them one way or another. Think about how many people treat someone with contempt JUST BECAUSE they saw other people do the same...

That may be your goal, to see that so and so is seen as the scumbag you think they are...but NO ONE has zero value. Not one single person posting here has NOTHING positive to contribute. EVERY person posting here has value, even if they express themselves in ways you don't like.

We would all do well if we remembered that before hitting "reply."
Post 74 IP   flag post
@DocBrown It appears that 2 people felt that my post was praiseworthy, held some sort of value, and had worth. Apparently, your mileage varied. OK, and thanks for expressing your opinion.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DocBrown It appears that 2 people felt that my post was praiseworthy, held some sort of value, and had worth. Apparently, your mileage varied. OK, and thanks for expressing your opinion.

Or, it appears that 2 (make that 3) people had an axe to grind, and continued to use the "like" system as the wheel on which to grind it.

Which is it...? Which is the more likely scenario...?

What do patterns tell us...?

Far more importantly, do you consider what I had to say, or just discard it as irrelevant and meaningless...?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No idea what you're talking about brah. Doesn't really change the point that your question about his avatar started the whole thing. I have a hard time believing you didn't know what the affect would be on that thread, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@Logan510 Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No idea what you're talking about brah.

Sure you do. He's talking about me. I know it, you know it, and most of the people posting here know it.

Why pretend...?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Quote:

There are times when you could have done the same.

"because using the "like" system to "send a message" is inappropriate"

Post 80 IP   flag post
600701 255 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.