CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Turn Around Times?4364

COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Update on tat's.
I got an email today stating that the 20 comics that I submitted directly to CBCS at TerrifiC Con on August 19 have now been received by CBCS and will be placed in their vault to await grading. Hopefully, they will be back-dated to the Wednesday after the Con and be treated as having been received on August 21. So it is currently taking over a month (not counting days lost to holidays and hurricanes) to log in received comics.

Submissions that are received at conventions are backdated accordingly. We do this so you are not penalized for the backlog in receiving. I totally understand that some people get frustrated because we have a sizable delay but we have a lot of books that had delayed entry due to Irma. Right now our Customer Service department is working very hard to enter the books into the system and answer all of the inquiries.

Those of you that have a receive date that is significantly past the convention date you submitted, we can make adjustments. just let us know.

Thank you for your understanding.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus @SteveRicketts My submission was delivered to CBCS the last week of August. No confirmation of receipt yet or update on my dashboard. I've sent emails and made calls to CBCS but still no resolution.

Invoice# 17-300D374

Please give me some of your customer service love, I'm feeling neglected.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'm legitimately worried about the TATs with books because what if I move next year? How does that work once something is shipped via FedEx?
Post 104 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@spaulus @SteveRicketts My submission was delivered to CBCS the last week of August. No confirmation of receipt yet or update on my dashboard. I've sent emails and made calls to CBCS but still no resolution.

Invoice# 17-300D374

Please give me some of your customer service love, I'm feeling neglected.

Your submission is in the queue to be put into the system. You should see it soon. It will be backdated to appropriate date so you will not be penalized. Thank you for your patience
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Philflound private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
What would compel me you ask? To expose that which should not be aka Fast Pass. Most people say you are paying extra for another service. But you are not getting any different service. You get your book graded by the same graders and put in the exact same slabs. The only thing that differs is the time frame in which you receive your comic. If money is not an issue for you then you are allowed to jump ahead of people that have been in line a lot longer than you. Is it right that the people with a tight budget should have people walk in front of them? If I went to a restaurant and they told me I had a 30 minute wait, my name would be put on a list and i'd expect to be seated in about half an hour. Now lets say some customers came in after me. They didn't have a reservation but were willing to pay an extra fee to be seated before me. Would this be right? Same thing is being offered to me and the other party. We will be seated. We will order food off the menu... eat then pay. There is no variation of service. Just the time frame in which you receive the service. Would this be right in everyones opinion? Change the scenario around. You have waited in line for many hours to get tickets for the new Star Wars movie. They are finally letting people in to the theatre and you are minutes away from handing over your ticket and going to find a seat. But wait. They stop the line and let a large group of people go in ahead of you. There now is no more room left in the theatre. In a rage you ask why people were allowed to go ahead of you. You're simply told that special tickets were purchased by other customers. They cost twice as much as a regular ticket but allow you to go right ahead of everyone without waiting. Again would this be what you want to see happen? People with no money issues basically get preferential treatment because they have the money to spend while many others just wait and are penalized because they live on a tight budget. Well i'm tired of people with money going ahead of me at the company that this board is about. I'm sorry that I don't have the money to spend but i'm tired of being considered less important because I have less money. That my friend is why i'm here in this discussion. Peace out.

I guess you can complain to the theme parks too about the fast pass they offer to get you to the front of the line for rides and attractions. Stop being a cry baby and wait for your books.
Post 106 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philflound
Quote:
What would compel me you ask? To expose that which should not be aka Fast Pass. Most people say you are paying extra for another service. But you are not getting any different service. You get your book graded by the same graders and put in the exact same slabs. The only thing that differs is the time frame in which you receive your comic. If money is not an issue for you then you are allowed to jump ahead of people that have been in line a lot longer than you. Is it right that the people with a tight budget should have people walk in front of them? If I went to a restaurant and they told me I had a 30 minute wait, my name would be put on a list and i'd expect to be seated in about half an hour. Now lets say some customers came in after me. They didn't have a reservation but were willing to pay an extra fee to be seated before me. Would this be right? Same thing is being offered to me and the other party. We will be seated. We will order food off the menu... eat then pay. There is no variation of service. Just the time frame in which you receive the service. Would this be right in everyones opinion? Change the scenario around. You have waited in line for many hours to get tickets for the new Star Wars movie. They are finally letting people in to the theatre and you are minutes away from handing over your ticket and going to find a seat. But wait. They stop the line and let a large group of people go in ahead of you. There now is no more room left in the theatre. In a rage you ask why people were allowed to go ahead of you. You're simply told that special tickets were purchased by other customers. They cost twice as much as a regular ticket but allow you to go right ahead of everyone without waiting. Again would this be what you want to see happen? People with no money issues basically get preferential treatment because they have the money to spend while many others just wait and are penalized because they live on a tight budget. Well i'm tired of people with money going ahead of me at the company that this board is about. I'm sorry that I don't have the money to spend but i'm tired of being considered less important because I have less money. That my friend is why i'm here in this discussion. Peace out.

I guess you can complain to the theme parks too about the fast pass they offer to get you to the front of the line for rides and attractions. Stop being a cry baby and wait for your books.

Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
My May 19th order, 1 modern,1 verified sig, I got Tuesday. 18 weeks
My June 12th order, 4 modern, nothin extra, I’ll get tomorrow. 16 weeks
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus Thanks for the response.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
And yes its bull about people at theme parks being able to jump lines because they have more money than me. Another case where a group of people are penalized because of their lower income. And yet another case where someone hides behind the security of their keyboard. I have a passion for justice. Just like like football players during anthems. You don't have to agree with me. But don't come here after I post a heart inspired message and call me a crybaby unless you are ready to back it up.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector Philflound private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I had a Tesla. I wish I had a mansion. I wish I ate lobster every day. I wish I had an Action #1. Oh, I don't have the money for all that. Guess I live with what I can afford. If you don't like current turn around times, and complain that you can't afford faster service, then don't get your books graded at all. I don't know how you want me to back up my statement. 😢
Post 111 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
If you have never submitted comics for grading before, the best advice I can give you is to not think about them. Sounds crazy, but you may have heard sayings like a watched pot never boils. The more you think about it, the slower time seems to pass. Don't believe me? A half hour before quitting time start looking at your watch, your phone, or a clock every few minutes to check the time. That 30-minutes will last an eternity. (By contrast, do something you really enjoy, like fishing. Before you know it, 6 hours have vanished.)

Also be aware that turn around times increase and decrease in cycles. Although it seems like there are dozens of conventions every weekend year round now, the majority of the really big ones are during the summer. So books submitted in July and August will have the longest waiting periods most years. I do submit at conventions because I balance off the extra wait time with the money I save on shipping and insuring those books ($30-40 or more to get them to CBCS). If you can wait and submit in January, February, or March, you will be amazed at how quickly you can get your books back. That's also when you get the most bang for your buck from using fast passes.

I'll end with a stupid quote: "Shop smart, shop S-Mart."
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick update on turn around

Modern Fast Pass - June 16th - No pressing, just authentic signatures

Have just received email notification that are now being dispatched. This final week they have moved from received/processing to all the way through so at least after all the delay its moving with speed now.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus can you please get back to me on that offer of help and my email asap, had no response from Kimberly either and my card will soon be charged for additional orders (i'd like to sort out my refund first before giving more money away).
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector milliemorris private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a lump of comics over to cbcs months ago they said they had no record of them yet according to royal mail service they received them on the 28th September signed for and am yet to hear anythink from them not happy as I do not now what else to do.i have rang and rang nobody picks up the phone it always goes to answer phone stating there is nobody there. no response and no replys or emails confirming my order that was sent order includes submission forms can anybody help me
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:

Except what you describe as being "unfair" happens all the time. As I described earlier. Pay extra for VIP tickets at comic cons - and you are indeed put at the front of the lines for signatures. Pay extra Express boarding pass and you go to the front of the line for both TSA screening and getting aboard the plane. If you are really wealthy you fly private and don't have any wait at all. Disney offers a VIP package that includes being placed at the front of lines. Plenty of restaurants and clubs are exclusive and you only get in if you purchase an expensive membership.

There are countless examples of "pay more, get it better or faster or both". Welcome to America and the capitalist system.

People on a "tight budget" shouldn't be submitting comic books for grading in the first place IMHO.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
And yes its bull about people at theme parks being able to jump lines because they have more money than me. Another case where a group of people are penalized because of their lower income. And yet another case where someone hides behind the security of their keyboard. I have a passion for justice. Just like like football players during anthems. You don't have to agree with me. But don't come here after I post a heart inspired message and call me a crybaby unless you are ready to back it up.

Think of it this way, it could be a lot worse, you could be a factory worker in North Korea.
Post 117 IP   flag post
597884 117 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?