Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Turn Around Times?4364

Collector chadpdodge private msg quote post Address this user
Hello
I've 2 book @ CBCS awaiting processing for grading and encapsulation. The 1st they received May 23rd (book also being pressed) and the 2nd they received June 21st. Both books are standard modern. I've not received any updates on these about anything other than they were reveived on the days I listed above. I'm new to having my book professionally graded and @ the reccomendation of a few people in a comic book group I'm part of I chose CBCS. Can anybody fill me in on how much longer I can expect to wait on my books to be graded, encapsulated and then shipped? Seeing how I've not heard anything thus far!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
For-freaking-ever!!!😭
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@chadpdodge think you may be waiting a little while longer on these. I submitted several fast pass books around the 16th June (half standard time) and these still haven't been graded yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks
That's what I thought. I might be switching over to CGC in the future. Despite my not liking to support the "big guys". I like patronizing smaller outfits and for me PGX's not an option.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Waverider private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpdodge
Hello
I've 2 book @ CBCS awaiting processing for grading and encapsulation. The 1st they received May 23rd (book also being pressed) and the 2nd they received June 21st. Both books are standard modern. I've not received any updates on these about anything other than they were reveived on the days I listed above. I'm new to having my book professionally graded and @ the reccomendation of a few people in a comic book group I'm part of I chose CBCS. Can anybody fill me in on how much longer I can expect to wait on my books to be graded, encapsulated and then shipped? Seeing how I've not heard anything thus far!

My first experience with CBCS as well. I submitted (13) books, (4) 2-day modern -- (2) pressed, (2) not, (9) std modern not pressed, all Received May 26. I think I did a thorough job of setting my expectations on Turn Around Time. Apparently, there was not enough information available. My books are marked as received. Maybe this is our lucky week, huh?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@chadpdodge i will say this though, for all the lengthy delay to my books I am still 100% confident they will look sharper and better than if id have gone to CGC and got oil slick returns.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd have to agree. Hopefully, after this business w/ the hurricanes they improve their processing. I really like the way their products look. I'm just venting. I've 3 more books I'm about to mail away to CBCS in the next couple weeks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe this might help with expectations I have 15 books that should be shipping within a day or two in QC received June 27th. All modern, no pressing. Pressing takes 6 weeks? So I'd say Chapdodge that you have around 2 weeks longer.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'd have to agree. Hopefully, after this business w/ the hurricanes they improve their processing. I really like the way their process looks. I'm just venting. I've 3 more books I'm about to mail away to CBCS in the next couple weeks!
Send em in before NYCC if your worried about wait times.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@chadpdodge CBCS is constantly adding new features and working toward their goal of perfect integration - but there is definitely some snags. For me the turn-time has always been past their estimates, especially if you add Pressing. Their website estimates also don't update right, and they are so busy that unless you call them daily, you may not get an update until your books are on their way home. It's like they say, "we value our time" - so if you want your books back faster (maybe not with more communication) - then expect to pay for it.

To be safe, double all estimates and you won't be let down.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'd have to agree. Hopefully, after this business w/ the hurricanes they improve their processing. I really like the way their products look. I'm just venting. I've 3 more books I'm about to mail away to CBCS in the next couple weeks!

Their TAT was already horrible before the hurricane. I have no expectation that it will improve. My books were delivered to CBCS 3 weeks ago and not even marked as received yet.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I've got 226 comic books in waiting. Waiting, hoping and praying they are safe.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
I am sure all will be back on track soon. I had one submission last year that came back right at four weeks with no fast pass or special services, sent off November 15, in hand December 11. This is just the busy time of year with a lot more outside delays is all. I have have my order in QC for three weeks now. I understand the frustration, but am still very confident in CBCS.
Post 13 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks
That's what I thought. I might be switching over to CGC in the future. Despite my not liking to support the "big guys". I like patronizing smaller outfits and for me PGX's not an option.

Good luck with that. According to a former CGC I met, they had been a bit sloppy in the grading process for some time now. My guess is that they are trying to be more efficient with their turn-around times. But I also bought a CGC slabbed comic that made me think it was more 9.6 than 9.8. Which is why I am sticking with CBCS and doing their fastest turn-around in a month or three.

And also, you are right to not go with PGX. One reviewer on YouTube bought a few comics graded by them and noted how one received a much higher grade than it deserved. And it was a newer video. Which has me conclude that they might get more business if they offered a "No Grade" slabbing option.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
Have some patience. They just dealt with a hurricane that left 11000000 people in Florida without power. Hurricane Harvey disrupted their supply chain of cases if I'm not mistaken. Sorry our books aren't higher priority than their safety and well being..
Post 15 IP   flag post
@LotsaSequel There's no need to take this stance with someone asking a simple question. CBCS processing time was already severely behind long before the hurricane so there is no need to throw this at someone as if they aren't caring for the safety/wellbeing of others which has got nothing to do with the comments that have been made. Several people, myself included, have already commented that their books have been in the system since June (mine via faster service) and still aren't any closer to being graded and returned.

@chadpdodge has stated their books arrived there in May and June. I think the way they have conducted their questions and subsequent responses show they have the patience you are demanding.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yeah I see some people read into it what they want to see. Some of those 11000000 are my family. All I was trying to do's get a gage on turn around times.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Gatchaman private msg quote post Address this user
My books were shipped there in May, sat there for 1.5 weeks, and still NOTHING has been done with them, at all. I am now told that they will be done in 6-8 weeks. A local store sent these in and some were to be pressed. Nobody said anything about the pressed ones taking this long and holding up the rest of the order. They grade them all at once.

A store told me that they were warned about using this service. It's a no wonder why they were warned.

This does not encourage me to get books graded ever again.
Post 18 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman
My books were shipped there in May, sat there for 1.5 weeks, and still NOTHING has been done with them, at all. I am now told that they will be done in 6-8 weeks. A local store sent these in and some were to be pressed. Nobody said anything about the pressed ones taking this long and holding up the rest of the order. They grade them all at once.

A store told me that they were warned about using this service. It's a no wonder why they were warned.

Bonus points on being a 'Science Ninja Team' fan.

But overall, you need to remember that CBCS resides in Florida. Which was hit with a major storm, is trying to get operations as much back to normal as possible, and do have paid orders that require the same services as you have paid for. Stuff that your comic shop has failed to mention to you.

Your comic shop is not going to tell you things they do not know about. They do not have a complete list of who paid for what services, or what post-storm related issues that both CBCS and CGC are facing. Including those who are hired to press your comics, grade your comics, put your comics in archival wells, and finalize all of this with their slabs.

So all I can point out is that both CGC and CBCS are both in the general area of Florida that got hit hard. If you have a problem with them not being able to meet your schedule after everything they have faced, then you either have a problem or need to find something new to do.

As for your comic shop... I don't know. The LCS I am shifting to has a client that used to grade for CGC, and now wants to grade for CBCS. He had high praise for the fact they maintain their need to be consistent at how things are graded. And that is good enough for me to have my 14 year old comic that has no price guide listing and is virtually impossible to be replaced be graded by them.

And as for you... Remember that even Yoda told Luke to be patient when it comes to his own scenario. Because impatience leads to one making bad decisions. And in this case, you are relying on the word of a comic shop and not trusting CBCS just because you are choosing to be impatient.

So do yourself a favor and just trust CBCS. We all have been there with this type of scenario. And many those who are still there will tell you that you will be satisfied once you get your orders back.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
It seems that all that are waiting long time are 1) Sending in moderns and 2) Getting some or all pressed.

CGC's pressing service for moderns adds eight or more weeks to the turn around time of getting books graded. No matter which company - if you get moderns pressed in house it adds a lot to the Turn Around Time.

CBCS's option to combine shipping of different tiers is a BENEFIT - an OPTION - that CGC does not offer. It's design is to save money. The money saved is a trade off where all books take as long as any book in the slowest tier. Submitter s have to choose how books are shipped. Consider it a lesson learned - if you prefer to spend MORE money and get books back faster, don't combine tiers. Have stuff ship as it gets done. The savings of combining tiers however can be significant. Not just a couple of dollars, but $25-$30 often times

No one likes waiting, but just a few years ago CGC was taking - during the summer months - as long as six months to ONLY grade moderns. So historically, things are still a lot faster than they were.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting for your books is bad enough without adding what I call "line jumping" by just paying more money. A lot of people will not agree with me on this but if this type of favoritism were allowed in all aspects of life, we'd all be pretty miserable. Don't add to the problem.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
They can't use the hurricane excuse on books they received back in May, lol.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Waverider private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
It seems that all that are waiting long time are 1) Sending in moderns and 2) Getting some or all pressed.

CGC's pressing service for moderns adds eight or more weeks to the turn around time of getting books graded. No matter which company - if you get moderns pressed in house it adds a lot to the Turn Around Time. quote]

2-day moderns with 2-day press -- $75 per book seems to have prevented any movement in my books since they were received May 26th. Eight weeks for a 2-day press seems excessive, not right.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Quote:

Bonus points on being a 'Science Ninja Team' fan.

But overall, you need to remember that CBCS resides in Florida. Which was hit with a major storm, is trying to get operations as much back to normal as possible, and do have paid orders that require the same services as you have paid for. Stuff that your comic shop has failed to mention to you.

Your comic shop is not going to tell you things they do not know about. They do not have a complete list of who paid for what services, or what post-storm related issues that both CBCS and CGC are facing. Including those who are hired to press your comics, grade your comics, put your comics in archival wells, and finalize all of this with their slabs.

So all I can point out is that both CGC and CBCS are both in the general area of Florida that got hit hard. If you have a problem with them not being able to meet your schedule after everything they have faced, then you either have a problem or need to find something new to do.

As for your comic shop... I don't know. The LCS I am shifting to has a client that used to grade for CGC, and now wants to grade for CBCS. He had high praise for the fact they maintain their need to be consistent at how things are graded. And that is good enough for me to have my 14 year old comic that has no price guide listing and is virtually impossible to be replaced be graded by them.

And as for you... Remember that even Yoda told Luke to be patient when it comes to his own scenario. Because impatience leads to one making bad decisions. And in this case, you are relying on the word of a comic shop and not trusting CBCS just because you are choosing to be impatient.

So do yourself a favor and just trust CBCS. We all have been there with this type of scenario. And many those who are still there will tell you that you will be satisfied once you get your orders back.

I talked more with CBCS than the store. They are the ones that gave me most of the information. I am NOT being impatient. With their window time frame my books should have been done BEFORE the storm. They tooks weeks to check it in. CBCS told me that it is going to take another 6-8 weeks. That takes it to six months they will have the books. Not one of them have been graded yet.

Some of the books on the order are getting pressed. I know how to press books. Been doing it for years and done hundreds. I have a local Facebook group for comics who have been asking for a seminar to teach how to press. I probably going to do that so that people know how to press books and not have to wait weeks to get it done and have excuses of why they aren't and be told to be patient when this happens. They can do it themselves or anybody from the group can do it for them.

Six months it waaay to long to wait. Never again.
Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
Waiting for your books is bad enough without adding what I call "line jumping" by just paying more money. A lot of people will not agree with me on this but if this type of favoritism were allowed in all aspects of life, we'd all be pretty miserable. Don't add to the problem.

Your perspective is one that comes up routinely when TAT's stretch out. There is no way to say this that doesn't sound flippant, but....

Welcome to capitalism. It's all around you in countless business. Express shipping. The VIP line at Comic conventions for Signatures. The VIP Tour Services for Disney World. Express boarding for airlines. And if you are really rich you fly private and don't wait ever.

More money thrown at stuff just makes things go better or faster for the person(s) spending the money. Many would argue "as it should".

CGC, CBCS are businesses. I propose that people paying extra for faster grading of their books actually benefits people that stay with the slower and cheaper service. Because without the "extra" cash fast pass /fast track brings in, almost certainly the slower services would be priced higher. Because if you think about it, there can't be a lot of profit in grading and encapsulating a regular modern. The inner and outer holders cost money. There are LOTS of salaries to be paid. Not just graders and slabbing dept. But shipping, people that answer the phone, people that clean the place, people that go pick up the mail and open the packages. Plus a building, utilities, taxes.

So this is America. Pay less and wait longer. Or pay more and wait less. I do both. For books I wish to sell, time is also money so I pay extra to get them back sooner and get them sold. For books going in my collection, who cares the wait? My books are probably safer in the CBCS vault than they are at my house.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
They can't use the hurricane excuse on books they received back in May, lol.

Actually......

If moderns are getting pressed before grading, CBCS (and CGC) are way backed up on moderns. CCS - CGC's in house service - says 40 business days for moderns. In real life according to the boards across the street it's longer than that. More like three months. As for the hurricanes - it's not just Irma and Florida. CBCS gets their slabs from a manufacturer in Houston Texas. So Harvey has also affected CBCS's business with a shortage of slabs.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Quote:

Some of the books on the order are getting pressed. I know how to press books. Been doing it for years and done hundreds. I have a local Facebook group for comics who have been asking for a seminar to teach how to press. I probably going to do that so that people know how to press books and not have to wait weeks to get it done and have excuses of why they aren't and be told to be patient when this happens. They can do it themselves or anybody from the group can do it for them.

Six months it waaay to long to wait. Never again.

OK. I'll ask the obvious. If you know how to clean and press comic books, why did you have the in house pressing service of CBCS press your books?

You are correct. It does not take months or weeks to press A comic book. But it can take weeks and months to press the HUNDREDS of comic books submitted before yours.

Those that can, DO. Those that can't, TEACH. NO ONE learned how to press comic books correctly on Facebook. Just sayin....
Post 28 IP   flag post
??
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not sure what is going on with my posts??
Post 30 IP   flag post
597970 117 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?