Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics MagazinesComics Modern AgeToys

Comics Heating Up4353

Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Modern (as in now) books are a huge part of this forum, so I want to share this site (which I bet EVERYONE knows). Comics Heating Up. Cheers.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
EDIT:

I had confused Comicsheatingup with another site, namely comicbookinvest, when I wrote this post.

Comicsheatingup did NOT pull this market manipulation Tron variant scam.

Comicbookinvest is the site (and seller of the Tron variants I referenced below).

Comicbookinvest is the site thst hyped up Tron variants, and than raked in a bunch of dough grom selling his Tron variants on eBay, after he published his article about them on comicbookinvest,wherein he (comicbookinvest) hyped Tron variants.
END OF EDIT

That site has a lot of good info, but there has been questionable things out forth by the owner of that site, in the past.

Look up " Tron variants" on the CGC Forums, for an example....there's a thread on there that details what looks to be market manipulation, by CHI.

Comicsheatingup published an article on how Marvels 1:10 (or 1:15) Tron variant covers by Mark Brook, from around the same time period as the ASM MJ/Venom Dell Otto variant ASM 676 IIRC), which was a 1:50 variant....were going to be "the next HTC variant craze....

...and than, the Guy who runs Comicsheatingup, made a killing listing his Tron variants on eBay.

1+1=2

So, be wary of getting played and being the one left holding the bag.

But yes, that can be a very useful site, you just have to be judicious.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsheatingup private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I have never sold a Tron variant. Please feel free to point to where I did. I personally loved the Tron variants but never sold any. Please show where I sold them. Are you sure you are talking about the right site?
Please feel free to elaborate on what other questionable stuff I have done.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

Look up " Tron variants" on the CGC Forums, for an example....there's a thread on there that details what looks to be market manipulation.

Very good advice.

Manipulation of the market for one's own benefit has a long history for humanity.

A certain comic price guide publisher was looking for some specific books in the 70's. It just so happens that he published a comic book price guide. In that price guide, those books were valued fairly low.

Then, once he located those books, in the next edition of that price guide, the values went up substantially.

Coincidence...?

Always be a skeptic, no matter what anyone else says.
Post 4 IP   flag post
In fact, here is the post, in the forum you are talking about, feel free to read it again. I will wait. Please note that it is not CHU that was listed. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/230751-moderns-that-are-heating-up-on-ebay/?page=1985&tab=comments#comment-9212454
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Great stuff Think I'll wait too
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsheatingup
Quote:
That site has a lot of good info, but there has been questionable things out forth by the owner of that site, in the past.

Look up " Tron variants" on the CGC Forums, for an example....there's a thread on there that details what looks to be market manipulation, by CHI.

Comicsheatingup published an article on how Marvels 1:10 (or 1:15) Tron variant covers by Mark Brook, from around the same time period as the ASM MJ/Venom Dell Otto variant ASM 676 IIRC), which was a 1:50 variant....were going to be "the next HTC variant craze....

...and than, the Guy who runs Comicsheatingup, made a killing listing his Tron variants on eBay.

1+1=2

In fact, here is the post, in the forum you are talking about, feel free to read it again. I will wait. Please note that it is not CHU that was listed. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/230751-moderns-that-are-heating-up-on-ebay/?page=1985&tab=comments#comment-9212454

If I was wrong, you have my sincerest apologies and consider my statements about you here to be fully retracted.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

1+1=2

Wow, I have never sold a Tron variant. Please feel free to point to where I did. I personally loved the Tron variants but never sold any. Please show where I sold them. Are you sure you are talking about the right site? I searched Tron variant and came across this: https://comicbookinvest.com/2016/05/11/tron-variants/ which is not me or CHU.

Please feel free to elaborate on what other questionable stuff I have done.

Yeah, it was comicbookinvest that pulled that trick.

It was NOT you, Comicsheatingup, that pulled thst trick.

I misspoke, going from memory, I had you confused with comicbookinvest.

I apologize.

You are 100% correct and 100% on the level.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If you want to edit your posts with the correct info CAK, I'll edit out mine, too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
If you want to edit your posts with the correct info CAK, I'll edit out mine, too.

Done, with the pertinent bits taken out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Quote:
Quote:

1+1=2

In fact, here is the post, in the forum you are talking about, feel free to read it again. I will wait. Please not that it is not CHU that was listed. https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/230751-
moderns-that-are-heating-up-on-ebay/?page=1985&tab=comments#comment-9212454

Great stuff Think I'll wait too

I had comicsheatingup confused with comicbookinvest.

Comicbookinvest was the one who pulled that trick.

Comicsheatingup is 100% inmocent.

My apologies to all,especially to Comicsheatingup.... it was my faulty memory, that is to blame.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Comics heating up is an excellent site. They are a GREAT bunch from what I can tell and this is all speculation, so of course we're all taking a chance regardless. They rarely miss first appearances and they always have interesting articles of what's going on in the industry. I check their site every week before NCW to see if I've missed a gem. Great job @comicsheatingup
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks for the correction. I am deleting my old posts.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Comics heating up is an excellent site. They are a GREAT bunch from what I can tell and this is all speculation, so of course we're all taking a chance regardless. They rarely miss first appearances and they always have interesting articles of what's going on in the industry. I check their site every week before NCW to see if I've missed a gem. Great job @comicsheatingup

Thanks Niles, I appreciate the support. Its pretty much a small, one man show with a couple of great friends that contribute to it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine

Thanks Niles, I appreciate the support. Its pretty much a small, one man show with a couple of great friends that contribute to it.

Nice! Wasn't sure because you have the multiple Variant picks per week. Keep at it, its a great site.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Look up " Tron variants" on the CGC Forums, for an example....there's a thread on there that details what looks to be market manipulation.

Very good advice.

Manipulation of the market for one's own benefit has a long history for humanity.

A certain comic price guide publisher was looking for some specific books in the 70's. It just so happens that he published a comic book price guide. In that price guide, those books were valued fairly low.

Then, once he located those books, in the next edition of that price guide, the values went up substantially.

Coincidence...?

I would love to know what/which books this was.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Totally blanked on teen titans 12 this week...read the article and ran out to my lcs...fortunately they had a copy left. Cool site, will tune in each week!
Post 17 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
@neyko I know we do not share the same opinions on mMarvel. But between this and what you have said in the past has helped justify a number of feelings I have for them. That, and I wonder if the Rick and Morty #1 they have listed will be the one that holds its peak value once the series' popularity cools down.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsheatingup Tony is a great guy who has a tons of experience. Sometimes he gets it right - sometimes - it takes a bit longer time (Tony - does Replica ring a bell? 😎)!
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 had a cool article on that site not too long ago. I wish the mobile version of the site was better, but still a great site

https://comicsheatingup.net/2017/07/14/cruzzers-carol-danvers-keys-checklist/

Glad to see the pitchforks put away before this thread got locked too
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I really like comicsheatingup and all the video content Anthony produces.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Buying comics for profit is like playing the stock market or buying your spouse a gift. Can't get it right all the time. 😎
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@comicsheatingup Tony is a great guy who has a tons of experience. Sometimes he gets it right - sometimes - it takes a bit longer time (Tony - does Replica ring a bell? 😎)!

Don't count it out yet.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@comicsheatingup Tony - as said - others take a bit longer time 😎
Post 24 IP   flag post
@poka it's killing me because I was really expecting something coming out of SDCC I will have a talk with Joe Pruett at either Baltimore or NYCC and see if I can get him to say something.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@comicsheatingup Tony - well - I have done my purchases 😁
Post 26 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm not sure I believe that.
Post 27 IP   flag post
598060 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?