Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

If I did a sale like Conditionfreak . . .?4352

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@KingNampa looks great to me. The only thing I would say is that positive light discussion as was the case in CF sale, would be allowed.

IE keep the negative and any arguments off the thread

We are expecting a lot of sellers to post stuff. I don't we can allow discussion as we did in cf's thread
Post 76 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
You may be right. Save the discussion to the end.

Maybe The Watcher or Jesse could chime in here, would it be possible to have extra mod help on this to immediately clean out any BS if it happens?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
You may be right. Save the discussion to the end.

Maybe The Watcher or Jesse could chime in here, would it be possible to have extra mod help on this to immediately clean out any BS if it happens?
would prefer we self mod this. Otherwise you got people messaging cbcs mods whining about who took it first ,etc
Post 78 IP   flag post
To be clear, i mean if people start bullshitting. You're right, we can self mod easily with who got what
Post 79 IP   flag post
Let's just give it a shot. Can start the thread today and see how it goes. If it goes smoothly great, badly can just give up.

Any other suggestions for rules or changes to my draft?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Oh i thought we were scheduling Tuesday. You thinking we just flash it now and try to keep it runing?
Post 81 IP   flag post
Ya like ongoing is my idea. We got people on east coast, west coast, Hong Kong, UK, HAWAII etc
Post 82 IP   flag post
Got it. In that case I would copy paste my entire sale post onto each book. Like the CF sale, once Im done posting im done, even if a book didnt sell. Dont wanna have to check back into the thread every few days to see if someone said "take it" to one of my books. That was the plus about the schedule.

Maybe schedule a 24hr one instead? That way everyone gets a heads up and the thread dies at the end
Post 83 IP   flag post
Sure maybe wait until Tuesday to start the new thread so everyone has time to post an opinion on how it should be run
Post 84 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Just some additional thoughts:

1. Seller of each item resolves all disputes concerning their items, and their decisions are final.

2. Please, no one "joke posting" of items not actually for sale in this thread. It is funny for sure, but can only lead to arguments and/or hard feelings.

3. Sale should have a set ending time. If sellers or buyers want to contact each other after, via PM. That is of course fine and dandy. But threads normally have a limit of 999 postings (I think).

4. Can freebies be posted in the thread? Can items comic book related but not comic books, be posted for sale? ie: toys, etc
Post 85 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak I was thinking just ongoing forever if it's popular. If it hits the thread max just make part 2
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
1. Seller of each item resolves all disputes concerning their items, and their decisions are final.

Absolutely +1 to making sure this is in the rules post
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

2. Please, no one "joke posting" of items not actually for sale in this thread. It is funny for sure, but can only lead to arguments and/or hard feelings.

3. Sale should have a set ending time. If sellers or buyers want to contact each other after, via PM. That is of course fine and dandy. But threads normally have a limit of 999 postings (I think).

4. Can freebies be posted in the thread? Can items comic book related but not comic books, be posted for sale? ie: toys, etc

No one minds freebies ever, hell anything goes as far as for sale
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Condition Freak or 00slim wanna start the thread off with rules of etiquette? I think we can agree they can handle it 00 slim being the OP and CF being the OG.
Post 89 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I do not want to run or oversee this event. It was 00slim's idea and as far as I am concerned, it is his baby.

If the diaper needs changing, it is on him. If the kid needs to be spanked, it is on him. If the rug rat needs to be fed, it is on him. It has his DNA all over it.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I anticipate this multi- seller sale being a mess. As such, let's keep the trial run short.

- Let's go for one hour. At least, the first night.

- each seller will mark their items as "SOLD TO _____".

- each seller is responsible for their items.

- Buyers will quote the item in their "I'll take it" comment.

- I'd suggest a flat $13 shipping per seller. Then, the seller should reimburse the buyers the difference in the actual shipping cost. Just a suggestion. I anticipate shipping costs being the stickiest part of this.

Thoughts?
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Another option?

I list Tuesday with my rules.

Someone else lists Wednesday with theirs.

A week of flash sales!

I just know how frenzied it was with one seller. With two? Three? Five?! It'll be bananas.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@00slim Sounds cool. I think I'll just make another thread for anyone to post in and see how that goes too.
Post 93 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Some suggestions:

1. Buyers sign up at least a day before the sale starts
2. OP in the sales thread lists each buyer's name along with shipping terms (along with freebies, etc).
3. First takeit, etc. wins.
4. Sales should be binding, backing out of a sale should carry some sort of penalty. If a buyer is backing out they should say something very quickly and be very clear that they intend to back out.
5. There should be a second thread for discussion to keep the sales thread clear of chatter.
6. Since there would be a separate thread for discussion there is no place for test posts in the actual thread (even though they were funny).
Post 94 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If your policy is to give out freebies or if you have different rules for shipping on toys I think you are good as long as you include this information with your shipping terms.

If you are giving out freebies to the first take it just make sure they know they are on the hook for shipping when you post the item unless you plan to eat that cost.

Just my two cents.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if it would be easier to PM the sellers you'll take it and which book and then they can Repost a sold post. Might be a lot of extra work for them, but with different time zones and the way the computer works and the threads work I could see things getting hairy real fast. I'm not sure how to go about it just my boring opinion! 😎
Watching conditionfreaks thread I couldn't keep pace because some of the books had been claimed but didn't show up in my feed. Other's weren't claimed but appeared so because of the way the thread loaded. I guess if you specify which book you're taking it shouldn't be a problem. I can just see the site getting backed up in akward ways. Regardless how it goes down, I'm EAGERLY waiting to see what you forum fanatics have to sell!!!
Post 96 IP   flag post
I guess having a long standing sale thread is not really the way to go. No interest on the one currently up. Guess the flash sale CF method is way better idea. I'll add some more stuff to the thread throughout the week but probably waste of time.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa
A lot of people might not have seen the other thread yet if they are working / have jobs where they can't access the internet.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
How interesting.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
I guess having a long standing sale thread is not really the way to go. No interest on the one currently up. Guess the flash sale CF method is way better idea. I'll add some more stuff to the thread throughout the week but probably waste of time.

Not a waste by any means. A standing thread doesn't have the excitement of a flash type sale but still serves a much needed purpose. Let's give it time to see where it goes.
Post 100 IP   flag post
@jrs @VaComicsGuy For sure. Will keep it updated for the week. Hope someone gets sales.

Or maybe people just looking for $10 or less comics. I'll post some of those tonight.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa
Or just looking for the RIGHT comic 😎
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the likes!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, just waiting for the right comic and price. Got my eye on one but I can get it cheaper on Ebay.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

I think it is a good idea. I just wish it could be pinned so it doesn't keep getting buried. I would check that thread routinely throughout the day.
Post 105 IP   flag post
598002 105 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?