Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Comic Wed- Quinn for the Win4315

Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
It's that time again forum freaks. What are you guys picking up this week?! Any random pulls?? Which Harley covers are you picking up? There are a bunch but I honestly just like the Jim Lee cover best. This things happening today too. . .

We'll see where it goes. . .
SOUND OFF!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
This will be a light week for me. I am looking forward to getting my Star Wars fix with issue 36 and I will be getting the Jim Lee cover for Harley Quinn. Next month I am also looking forward to picking up the Jim lee Hush cover with Harley on it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@DarthKribs
The main draw for me on that Lee cover is the little Bats target and the smoking gun. Also I'm a Jim Lee fan so maybe I'm a little biased
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
@NilesPaine same here. I am a huge Jim Lee fan. I am more then a little biased. LOL
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Damn is it really that time already?

That OZ book should be in my box today (not the lenticular, dang ol things screw with my brain).

REALLY looking forward to an original storyline from Jurgens, and one that leads up to Action 1000! I hope this does not disappoint
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Damn is it really that time already?

That OZ book should be in my box today (not the lenticular, dang ol things screw with my brain).

REALLY looking forward to an original storyline from Jurgens, and one that leads up to Action 1000! I hope this does not disappoint

Yes Im hoping for the same. The real question is do they restart??? Is it the end of Action Comics as we know it!?!! Time will tell
Post 6 IP   flag post
Lots going on with multiple worlds nowadays. My guess is there will be a big reveal about the rebirth universe in the Dommsday clock books and OZ effect, with everything culminating in action 1000 where they simplify everything.

If they don't simplify, and make the whole multiverse even more complex with multiple iterations of Superman, I may just be done. I'll take my 50 copies of Action 1000 stash them and stop reading lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I pre-ordered for this week. If I remember correctly the Artgerm SG 13 is out this week.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
@dpiercy how is the new WW story and art with the new creative staff? I was considering adding it to my pull
Post 10 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer - it's different. I'm no big Rucka fan, but I lean towards saying it isn't as good. They aren't doing the alternating storylines from issue to issue as well.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@dpiercy
busy week!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
@dpiercy
busy week!!!

Yah, I bought a lot, too much. 😐
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I have 10 books that I am pulling this week
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I mentioned this one a while back, but I will again... Pick up this variant of Teen Titans 12... Cover art is actually by Stjepan Sejic, but listed wrong all over the place as a Hardin cover (that's what I thought it was originally). It was under-ordered by a lot of places, because the cover wasn't revealed. Recently, most places have been showing this as, I think, an Aqualad cover(?), and shops had this show up on their shelves. It's selling out fast from what I hear. My online shop snagged two copies for me.

Another good one for this week will be the Venomverse Torque variant. While people are getting bored with all of the Venomized this and that, it's a Poison Spider-man one and looks AWESOME.

Another good pick is both covers of the new ASM... Green Goblin and Green Goblin Venomized... They're just awesome covers, and Old Norman is looking to get his Goblin powers back any way he can. Heading someplace with the new Legacy stuff coming along. I'm curious!

Over at Image, The Realm #1 looks like it will be a good read, and the Tony Moore cover is droolable!!!!

Anything else?

Well... I'm also curious on Retcon #1 and will be picking that one up.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Emptied my box early this week. Not much in it, but good stuff.

Havent started the metal series yet, so far the new Supergirl staff has done well (especially with the interior art!), and as discussed REALLY looking forward to the OZ books 👌🏻

There was one SG13 Artgerm on the shelf. Left it there for (hopefully) a kid to find the gem.

Post 16 IP   flag post
@thelastbard

Those Spider Man covers are both beautiful I was scratching my head like ehhhhh?!?!?
Love this Torque cover. Though my LCS didn't have it I'll probably order it up online. Thanks for the tip on Titans!
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Sink #1 by ComixTribe
Writer: John Lees
Artist: Alex Cormack

A forgotten East End district of a warped funhouse mirror vision of Glasgow, Scotland, Sinkhill is a hive of crooks, deviants and killers, and ordinary folk unfortunate enough to live among them. Sink is a vicious new crime series from the creative team behind Oxymoron: The Loveliest Nightmare. When Allan misses the last bus home, a wrong turn on his walk home takes him into Sinkhill. There, he must face an onslaught of knife-wielding youths, a fox-masked vigilante, and a nightmare lurking in a blue van.

Post 18 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics
Gosh I saw this staring me in my face and I was like hmmm?? I already had a pretty busy week and was like do I neeeeddddd it??
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Expensive week for me. 😕 But couldn't pass up the books. DC had a big week, plus metal 2 coming out. I grabbed two image books and Pestilence 4 on top of my DC pull.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
@thelastbard

Those Spider Man covers are both beautiful I was scratching my head like ehhhhh?!?!?
Love this Torque cover. Though my LCS didn't have it I'll probably order it up online. Thanks for the tip on Titans!

No problem on TT! I just had a feeling it was going to be a hot one... Hell, maybe "hot" will be a blip above cover price a couple of weeks from now, but we'll see! When everyone catches on, they could skyrocket. I want to check out those creepy Robins!

The ASM regular cover has the Goblin mask look like an old Kabuki mask. It's downright creepy. The way it has worked with a lot these issues is I stop reading for a spell, then go back and track down chunks, because I realize I was an idiot for NOT reading them.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not really a weekly release but this guy just arrived. I believe it collects all of the Punisher's appearances from ASM 129 though his first mini-series

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user

Some of today's pick ups.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@VictorCreed
Pretty spicy week! I forgot about that Hellboy title. Any good?
@thelastbard
See I have a similar nasty habit of skipping out all together then picking up books midway through a run. X Men Blue is a fun read but I just picked it up on 10. And now with Marvels renumbering they're crushing at least two of my runs! Hows ASM reading these days?? Any good?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
@NilesPaine Haven't read it yet, but I'll let you know. This is issue 1.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Was looking forward to the Lenticular Action Comics cover (and story) this week and the foil cover for Metal #2...I stopped in 1/2 hr after they opened and found neither....did pick up SG#13 Artgem, but they only had one copy and it had spine dings...

Went to the next shop which was down the road and they had nothing too. So I ordered what I couldn't find through Midtown.

Also picked up Weapon X #8.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Noce books all around. Here what i picked up today

Post 27 IP   flag post
And here are my babies i got today

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Noce books all around. Here what i picked up today

A fellow DC nut I see.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Themaxx35 Yeah love me some DC. I do get some independent comics but you know they come out when they want to. Marvel is not bad but hate the some many relaunching of the brand.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601354 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?