Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Detail from a Williamson Secret Agent Corrigan daily...

Al was a super nice guy who turned out really cool art.
Post 701 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica any idea on a few of these what comics these might have been. Here are some shots of 3 of the 4 comics.
Check these out. I just picked up 4 different 1940's promos that the Fox Regent Theatre in Winfield, Kansas during WWII had removed the covers of some comics of the day and added their promotional covers to promote the theater.
You know I like rare oddities plus the WWII nostalgia of them I couldn't pass them over. Gave the owner 200.00 for all four comics. I figured 50.00 a piece was fair. Not sure if they have value, but really cool.
Here is the front and back cover shots and some of the interiors, to give you idea. Wonder what issues they were they used. Anyone have a clue, would be nice to know.
Look at back cover ad trying to enlist women to working in factories. That was because men were off at war I guess.

Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
...a little Maria goodness via "Metropolis".

Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 704 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Obviously rare and very cool. Not sure where they'd fit as comic collectibles as they're technically coverless comics, but also clearly produced as promotional copies. Certainly unique in any case.
Post 705 IP   flag post

Post 706 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica figured you might know what shield issue number that one came from.
Post 707 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user

Joe Willy was cool
Post 708 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@CatmanAmerica figured you might know what shield issue number that one came from.

It will take a bit of sleuthing, but this much I can tell you. I'm sure it has to be after Pep #10 (Dec. '40) which is the last solo Shield before the introduction of Dusty, his kid sidekick. Also, the comic has to be after Shield-Wizard #7 (Summer '42) which rebooted the Shield with a new costume while dropping his super power. The biggest clue on the book featuring Black Hood is the ad for The Web, who was introduced in Zip #27 (July '42)...

Post 709 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

It will take a bit of sleuthing, but this much I can tell you. This much I'm sure of, it has to be after Pep #10 (Dec. '40) which is the last solo Shield before the introduction of Dusty, his kid sidekick. Also, the comic has to be after Shield-Wizard #7 (Summer '42) which rebooted the Shield with a new costume while dropping his super power. The biggest clue on the book featuring Black Hood is the ad for The Web, who was introduced in Zip #27 (July '42)...

See I knew you would figure it out, or atleast start to. Once I have all 4 in hand this week. I'll look closer at them. Might be other clue in them.
Post 710 IP   flag post
Collector unataper private msg quote post Address this user
SOLD $10,600.00. Just thought someone might be interested to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unataper

Post 711 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 712 IP   flag post
Quote:
See I knew you would figure it out, or atleast start to. Once I have all 4 in hand this week. I'll look closer at them. Might be other clue in them.

M'thinks the problem is solved for The Shield & Hangman book. My crystal ball says Pep #30

Note: If complete, there should also be an Archie story in the back.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
One of the coolest (at least my favorite) pieces in my collection of stuff...

Post 714 IP   flag post
The coolness of this thread has resulted in a blizzard of great posts!

One very subjectively cool movie related thing I'm proud of is having participated in a film production a few years ago. Glass Houses, first book in Rachel Caine's epic Morganville Vampire series, was the basis for a digital series & pilot shot on multiple locations in Dallas. My role as Vampire Enforcer was to act as the Founder's muscle in maintaining her authority over the fictional west Texas town. Here is an on set shot of the Founder, Amelie (Amber Benson) and her intrepid Vampire Enforcer as portrayed by your's truly...

Also, a subjectively cool guest shot of Amber and her no nonsense Enforcer taken at a convention around the time of the production...

Don't know if anyone else will give this points for coolness, but I sure do!

Cheers,
Cat
Post 715 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

The King!!!!!
Post 716 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
I’ve been going through my long boxes and found this. 😀

Awesome find!!!
I found one pre 2004 in a back bin at Silver Snail (used to be a grail type store in Toronto) for about $5

@KatKomics

Ahhh the Snail...not sure if you're old enough to remember Yesterdays Heroes and the Dragon Lady in T.O.?

Brings a tear to me eye!!@
Post 717 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Artwork for 1962 promotional TV slide.

OO

mm
Post 718 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
1939 Porky Pig wind up toy with box by Marx Toys
Post 719 IP   flag post
Joe Bonamassa fans should appreciate this collection...

Post 720 IP   flag post
Lord of The Rings ltd. ed. bronze sculpture...

Post 721 IP   flag post

Post 722 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

So this was part of my order that was accidentally sent to the competition and while I'm still thinking of re-subbing to CBCS once they're all up and running 100% I am super happy with the grade. I was honestly expecting a 4.0 on the high end. But this is the only gold label Sherry the Showgirl in the world right now. As a bonus my wife is named Sherry and when our 2 year old sees the book he says "That's mom!"

Post 723 IP   flag post
Battleship Picture Puzzle Cubes (complete and in fine condition minus some surface box scuffing, circa 1900) originally part of the Forbes collection...

Post 724 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 725 IP   flag post
Ltd. Ed. bronze Smaug sculpture (from Peter Jackson's Hobbit series)...

Post 726 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
With the announcement of Toy Story 4 I figured I would dig deep into the vault. These never see the light of day so enjoy

This is a prototype that was never produced. They ended up releasing them as single tagged toys ala beenie babies.
Post 727 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
AFA labeled this as a "salesman sample". I still don't understand that. This is a hefty, metallic toy that was later mass produced in a much lighter plastic. I call that proto all day

Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito
Very cool
Post 729 IP   flag post
An original Atomic Disintegrator cap-pistol (1950's vintage)...

Post 730 IP   flag post
597975 999 30