Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Not much to show, but I like it because it is signed (facsimile signature) by Ronald Reagan. I got it in 1987.

Post 251 IP   flag post
Went to a yard sale last week, and the husband had died and his wife was selling all of his stuff. He collected artwork mostly.

I got there late and I think all of the realy good stuff was taken. But I bought this for a quarter, as it was drawn by Milton Caniff. Caniff's hometown is where I currently live. Apparently he was good friends with the Wright Brothers family in Dayton.

I have a poster to show here later. It is big and has about 200 signatures on it maybe more). Apparently it was a fund raising thing for the MS Society in Dayton, Ohio many years ago. I am tryijg to make out the signatures before I post it. There are some very famous people who signed it. Some kind of golfing thing called "Bogie Busters". Signed by all kinds of sports stars, politicians, radio and TV personalities, and just about anyone you can think of who was famous in 1982. Milton Caniff, Betty Ford, Otto Graham, Bobby Knight, and on and on. I think there are a couple of Presidential signatures there also. But it is hard to read all of these signatures. I will show you all when I get done deciphering it. I guess it was sold for funds for the M.S. Society and this guy who recently died, bought it. I bought it from his wife for $20.00

Anyway, here is the Milton Caniff drawing of the Wright Brothers. I am sure it is a print and not an original.

Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

I bought these back in 1989 just before the Michael Keaton Batman movie came out. I wore them often until they were literally falling apart. I think the only reason they are still around is that my son "stole" them from me.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user

Post 254 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
It was a great day when my CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT "CODE-O-GRAPH came in
the mail...couldn't wait to decode my first secret message.

mm
Post 255 IP   flag post

mm
Post 256 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user

Post 257 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Also...

Post 258 IP   flag post
I got this for a present from my middle son a couple of years ago. Never opened it until today. It was issued for the 2015 ComiCon in San Diego in 2015. It has a very cool Batman action figure, and a print of a Jim Lee drawing. Jim Lee designed the Batman also.

There was a more expensive version (just looked it up) that had an original Jim Lee sketch instead of this print. Some of the original sketches were Batman and some Harley Quinn. I would have liked to get one of those, but alas.

Post 259 IP   flag post
Clipped from newspaper.

mm
Post 260 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

mm

Bes usre to, be sure to what? Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
Post 261 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

mm

Still do...every day!

mm
Post 262 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Probably one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

I took a copy of the Daredevil Authentix Edition, which has Joe Quesada’s inked artwork printed on a paper stock similar to that of a sketch cover

I found an amazingly talented painter online and arranged a commission for him to paint the cover and this was the result:

Through Trinity Comics, I was able to get Joe Quesada’s signature on the book at SDCC and Jimmy Palmiotti’s at Baltimore. (If anyone knows someone who can get a witnessed Kevin Smith Signature, please let me know!)

Soon, it’s going back to the painter so he can tackle the back cover. This isn’t a picture of my book. Unfortunately since the book is normally sealed in a polybag, there aren’t a lot of pictures of the back cover available online

Just for comparison, this is what the original cover art looked like on Daredevil #1 and the back cover for #3. I think what makes me love my book so much is that the artist went in a very different direction from the original and I’m excited to see what he does with the back cover.

Post 263 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 264 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mm

Still do...every day!

mm

UGH! Back when I was itty bitty, my Mom gave me Ovaltine (I think 2 times) and I couldn't stand that stuff. LOL
Post 265 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mm

Still do...every day!

mm

UGH! Back when I was itty bitty, my Mom gave me Ovaltine (I think 2 times) and I couldn't stand that stuff. LOL

It's an acquired taste developed during the depression.

MM
Post 266 IP   flag post
While doing some cleaning up I ran across this promotional kit
from KING FEATURES in 1996. This beautiful package contains a
couple dozen one-sheets of comic strip characters available for
promotional use. Here are just a couple along with the kit cover.

I'm sure there are not to many of these kits around in such
mint condition.

mm
Post 267 IP   flag post
Here are a couple more.

mm
Post 268 IP   flag post
I bought this over the weekend. A set of 16 different prints was produced. I decided just to get one of the 16.

Post 269 IP   flag post
Don't remember when, where or why I got this.

It is a trading card with four pieces (swatches) of material imbedded on it, and states they are all from the first Avengers movie. Seems to be a swatch from the production worn costumes of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk. Thor's swatch is kind of sparkly, and Hulks is kind of maroon or purplish like the pants he is famous for.

I find it hard to believe that Upper Deck and Marvel would destroy actual movie costumes from one of the biggest hits ever. But sales of cards could make that happen, I guess. Maybe there were several matching costumes for the various characters.

Still cool.

Post 270 IP   flag post
Yuck! Scratch & sniff groin fabric.
Post 271 IP   flag post
I like to think they are from the pockets.

Cha Ching!
Post 272 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 I have like 20 mint copies of these with envelopes. Bought them years ago from diamond international gallery when they used to be around. Don't think they have much value but cool books.
Post 273 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@X51 I have like 20 mint copies of these with envelopes. Bought them years ago from diamond international gallery when they used to be around. Don't think they have much value but cool books.

I acquired it before I knew there was a warehouse find (or some similar stash). I still think it's cool, but I agree there isn't much value as it stands today.
Post 274 IP   flag post
This is an ad from GREEN HORNET #27.

mm
Post 275 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user

😎
Post 277 IP   flag post
Can't wait for the comic book "Negan versus Harley", "Battle of the Baseball Bats" comes out.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Can't wait for the comic book "Negan versus Harley", "Battle of the Baseball Bats" comes out.

You may have just inspired my next piece there condition!
Post 279 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
From my daughter’s trip to Japan.

Post 280 IP   flag post
600861 999 30