Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool4299

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
So things on the forum have been pretty demoralizing lately. So as a palate cleanser, lets just post a cool cover or a cool book for your fellow forumites.

Give me your favorite all time cover, something you plan on getting signed at the next con, something you're prepping for submission, or one of your goal books. I don't care. Let's just have a thread about comics for the sake of comics.

I'll go first, Spawn 4 is one of my all time favorite covers. There's just something about the violator's face. I'm not a tattoo guy, but always thought it could a cool one on the right person:

Anyway, do what you will with this thread. Let's just avoid hurricanes and pending questions for a bit.
Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing special here, but this was the first comic I had. My uncle gave it to me to read and the comic got beaaaaat. I used to draw the crap out of this cover. Nothing more enticing to a kid than two "monsters" battling on the cover.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TotalComicMayhem private msg quote post Address this user
Cool thread. Love Spawn and McFarlane as well. Big fan of Aliens and always loved this cover.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Something recent that I just had to have
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Received this a little over a week ago as a gift from a childhood friend, who also happens to be a collector. A few years back he was going through a rough patch and as a friend I helped him out.
Never thinking anything of it or expecting anything in return. He has done quite well for himself since then and did not forgot that one act. I embarrassingly tease him that he could have just given me his Hulk 181

Post 6 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Probably my favorite cover.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user

One of my favorite books in my collection
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

That is awesome. Never seen that cover before.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I was a kid when this hit the newsstand. Thought he was the coolest thing in the world and the best cover ever drawn. Then we found out it he was a fake, a damn villan! No matter, this book is hanging on the wall in my living room, and probably always will be 🍺

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
terrible pic..and not much of a book, but I love it because I'm stunned they recalled it for a beer bottle considering all the skin and sexual innuendo most books show without pause now a days...and lets not forget the violence (I love both by the way )
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:

That is awesome. Never seen that cover before.
yea it's got it all. Robot, GGA, creepy alien. Just one of many great Ziff-Davis covers.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user

1st comic I ever bought off the rack 😂😂😂
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I was a kid when this hit the newsstand. Thought he was the coolest thing in the world and the best cover ever drawn. Then we found out it he was a fake, a damn villan! No matter, this book is hanging on the wall in my living room, and probably always will be 🍺

A favorite of mine too. Only surpassed in my view by this cover doing the reveal.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
don't have it here. Mystery In Space #59. Duel of the 2 Adam Stranges. Giant Adam reaching out for the real one. With the way it was done, first time I saw it, it looked like it was done in 3D.
(showed what different artists could really do with the medium)
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Sketch of Superman and signed by JERRY SIEGEL 12-29-77. ONE OF MY SPECIAL GRAILS of something cool

Post 17 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

I could really add any L. B Cole cover. This one's a good one.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
I'll bite twice with some Ivy covers. Especially that new one is just beautiful!

Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A few of my favorite horror/suspense covers:

Post 20 IP   flag post
This is from the LB Cole Estate. Concept art and full-color pencil art.

Post 21 IP   flag post
This artist is ok

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Is a Batman ice sculpture cool enough?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
This artist is ok

Frazetta is ALWAYS okay! Nice books!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite cover that I own.
Post 25 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
These are stock images of a few products I purchased on eBay, and received within the past 7 days. I am expecting a few more items, with all but two being shipped internationally. And I also have a graded item, but I need to see if I can get the photos I paid for emailed to me.

ITEM #1: VAMPIRE SAVIOR: LORD OF VAMPIRE reproduction marquee art

ITEM #2: CAPCOM SUMMER SPECIAL - SAN DIEGO COMIC CON VARIANT (signed by Omar Dogan and Ken Siu-Chong) (possible 9.6 condition)

ITEM #3: SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV: ARCADE EDITION reproduction marquee art

And as we speak, I am only seeking out an older comic that Viz has published in what I hope turns out to be NM/NM+ condition. And A few harder to find import games and products.

Also, one of Omar Dogan's artwork is sold/auctioned here. It is not easy finding anything signed by him, and I think he only did these once.

[ERRATA: Forgot to note that they are stock images. Besides the obvious one. My items are stored away.]
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
I'll bite twice with some Ivy covers. Especially that new one is just beautiful!

Now that would be a beautiful set of variant covers for the same story. Different but still tied together.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
How about a comic/magazine printed with ink containing blood!

Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

As long as hep c or anything else isn't included LOL!
Post 29 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

As long as hep c or anything else isn't included LOL!

Now I feel sorry for those who might ave gotten a paper cut while reading that comic.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600813 999 30