Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk 1-6, 102-474
Warlock 1-15
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I just completed John Byrne's Fantastic Four run..next up is Marvel Team-up and Two-in-one
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
@X51
Eh ye I mean, VF is the high end. I'll settle for 7.0 or lower with a present nice cover for older books though.


Solid to me is cover firmly attached and complete, no tape, no full length creases. These were all acceptable to me at the time of purchase.










All present nice so I see nothing wrong! Cover attach is a must for me and nothing too crazy either in terms of a split spine. I recently just "upgraded" my snarkniness in terms of what Im looking for lol Trust me my X men #8 wouldn't grade higher than a 2, so those are minty fresh!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Hulk 1-6, 102-474
Warlock 1-15


Pretty Solid!
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently trying to put together a graded collection of pence copies of (Uncanny) X-Men as far as I can afford.

There were 107 pence variant issues from #1 to #152 when they went over to dual pricing.

Apologies in advance if the photos are out of sequence, I am not too tech savvy.

I have 141 (9.0), 140 (9.4), 139 (9,0), 138 (9.0), (137 ND), 136 (9.0), 135 (9.4), 134 (9.0), 133 (9.2), (132 Missing), 131 (8.5), 130 (9.6) , (129 Missing) ,128 (8.0) ,127 (9.2) ,126 (9.4), 125 (8.0), 124 (8.0), 123 (9.4), (121 and 122 ND), 120 (9.2), 119 (9.6), 118 (9.6), 117 (9.4), 116.(9.6), 115 (9,4), 114 (9.0), 113 (9.2), 112 (9.4) (111 Missing) 110 (9.4) and 99 (8.0) and 65 (7.5).






























































Post 30 • IP   flag post


Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
@doog
It's funny you'd mention atomic explosions - here's the cover I submitted for this past weeks cover contest! Check it out...




Great minds, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
@doog
It's funny you'd mention atomic explosions - here's the cover I submitted for this past weeks cover contest! Check it out...




Great minds, eh?
@Zombiebigfoot

Shoot. Another book I can't live without. Sorry about the double. Or maybe triple
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
@Redshade
Hey now check this out. You got doubles of some! Whats the average price range for the pence versions??? Must be high because I haven't ran into too many of these.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
@Redshade
Hey now check this out. You got doubles of some! Whats the average price range for the pence versions??? Must be high because I haven't ran into too many of these.


I've checked the database from across the street ( CBCS hasn't yet got theirs up and running) and on any given comic whilst there might be hundreds in their registry there are usually no pence copies.

I have checked out the X-Men and there are only a handful of pence copies graded and sales data is as yet very hard to come by. In my estimation I have many of the highest graded X-Men pence copies in existence.

People are realising that the pence copies are genuine variants with very limited copies existing especially in high grade.

I have a few of my duplicates on ebay UK. My ebay id is masterwaterweaver.

Most of these copies I bought raw back in the 90s (as back issues) and sent them to CBCS myself.

Trying to get high grade raw copies online is a nightmare because these were newsstand comics and were also shipped by sea from the US.

I have sometimes had to purchase up to 4 or 5 "NM" copies online just to get one that is VF.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have a pretty complete Conan run that I haven't really looked at in a while, so I am not sure of the issue number where I stopped. I haven't sent any of those in for grading. I really only like the first 24 issues.
I have been concentrating on my X-Men set for the last several months. I think I only need about two dozen of the first 200+ issues. I started getting some of those graded by CBCS and have picked up some graded and raw issues in the last year (including a CBCS 9.4 of #102 yesterday).
I pick up a SA ASM issue every now and then, but I don't kid myself that I could ever get a complete run of that series.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I don't typically collect runs, but I'd love a high grade set of Bernie Wrightson's Swamp Thing run (1-10).

I have a low grade #1 & a decent #8 from the last Con I attended. Gotta start somewhere, right? 😊
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I don't typically collect runs, but I'd love a high grade set of Bernie Wrightson's Swamp Thing run (1-10).

I have a low grade #1 & a decent #8 from the last Con I attended. Gotta start somewhere, right? 😊


Well if you're in this for life like most of us probably are, you just chip away at what you can.

@esaravo
X Men is rough as the lower issues are a little inflated IMO and the big books are BIG BOOKS. But still attainable over time still as they're Silver Age and up. An ASM run is no go for me and I feel even more so about a Batman run though he may be in my top 3. Not in this life methinks. But ya nevvveerrr know! 😎
Post 36 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
WDCS #1-263
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in limbo right now - recently completed every Teen Titan appearance up to New Teen Tians 1984...not quite sure what I want to tackle next - a lot are getting too pricey, thankfully all but one of the Titans run I got were for $100 or less (started in probably 1988-90 ish when I was about 16)
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I'm in limbo right now - recently completed every Teen Titan appearance up to New Teen Tians 1984...not quite sure what I want to tackle next - a lot are getting too pricey, thankfully all but one of the Titans run I got were for $100 or less (started in probably 1988-90 ish when I was about 16)


Ye even Silver and Copper Age books are getting up there. This X Men run will be no cheap feat but I just get what I can when I can ya know?? I think personally the market overall is inflated for older books and bigger books. I mean some of these are selling for 2 to 3x book value. I'm just a guy that collects comics though so . . .
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
@X51
Eh ye I mean, VF is the high end. I'll settle for 7.0 or lower with a present nice cover for older books though.


Solid to me is cover firmly attached and complete, no tape, no full length creases. These were all acceptable to me at the time of purchase.










All present nice so I see nothing wrong! Cover attach is a must for me and nothing too crazy either in terms of a split spine. I recently just "upgraded" my snarkniness in terms of what Im looking for lol Trust me my X men #8 wouldn't grade higher than a 2, so those are minty fresh!


When I first started going to conventions, this was a normal condition found in backstock at shows.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
126547 40 15
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute