Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Effect on grade and / or value?4291

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Lately I have been going to a bunch of shows and getting books signed by one or more artists.

Not being perfect I found I made mistakes on a couple books.

I had two copies of Incredible Hulk # 340 signed by Bob Wiacek, Len Wein, and Peter David. With any luck I may be able to add Todd McFarlane. The problem with these books is that when I had Bob sign them at Garden State Comicfest they ended up in the stack of books for Louise Simonson who signed both copies even though she did not work on the book.

I also had four copies of Batman Adventures Annual # 1 signed by Mike DeCarlo at Terrificon. When I got home I realized that Dan DeCarlo (not Mike) was the artist that worked on the book. I was planning to add Klaus Janson and Matt Wagner in the future.

Any thoughts as to the impact on the grade of value of these books with the extra signatures?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Shouldn't impact grade if they were witnessed. Value? Hard to say. If I had to guess, I'd say that it will lower the value but that's just my opinion. If you sell them, advertise them as having "bonus" signatures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
And put a $600,000 BIN price on them in your eBay store.

Just kidding! LMAO

Actually I think the extra sig(s) is pretty darn cool, and evidently a mistake as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
And put a $600,000 BIN price on them in your eBay store.

Just kidding! LMAO

Actually I think the extra sig(s) is pretty darn cool, and evidently a mistake as well.

The $600,000 BIN is only for Stan Lee sigs on books he had nothing to do with.

On the Hulk 340s my feeling is if I get McFarlane they won't care too much about the other sigs apart from Wein.

As for the Batman Adventures, I think it will be a wash.
Post 4 IP   flag post
They are both big enough names that it might not hurt. It's not like they are unknown.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Since this is an unknown:

Have you considered cutting your losses with these books by selling them now and having the new signatures on other books? Since the impact on the books you have will remain an unknown until you sell, I'd probably sell as is (or grade) and get McFarlane, Janson and Wagner on other books. I know its not what you planned but it would suck to add those signatures only to find out that the error signatures hurt your wallet.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Since this is an unknown:

Have you considered cutting your losses with these books by selling them now and having the new signatures on other books? Since the impact on the books you have will remain an unknown until you sell, I'd probably sell as is (or grade) and get McFarlane, Janson and Wagner on other books. I know its not what you planned but it would suck to add those signatures only to find out that the error signatures hurt your wallet.

The Hulk 340s are getting graded.

The Harley Annuals probably cost me $30-50 each but it may make sense to pull the plug before paying Janson to sign them if I think I will take a hit.

Right now I am just trying to gather data from those who have had experience selling books with signatures like these to see what I am in for. I have more than a week until Baltimore to figure this out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
would suggest for future book signings, that you put notes with the books so you reduce error signatures. no pressure now.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
would suggest for future book signings, that you put notes with the books so you reduce error signatures. no pressure now.

The fast and the furious have the odd Wipeout. If you saw how many books I got signed at these shows you would see how easily it can happen.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor

The fast and the furious have the odd Wipeout. If you saw how many books I got signed at these shows you would see how easily it can happen.

Sure...but you plan for the shows right? Being human means plan ahead -- especially for large volume of books.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600864 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?