Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

NEW CGC HOLDER TO CBCS 20% OFF til July 1st429

Collector crossedfan private msg quote post Address this user
Just to get some clarity....If I send CBCS a cgc book in its new holder, they can open it up for me and regrade it? I really don't like opening cases up for fear of damage.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@crossedfan Yes
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector crossedfan private msg quote post Address this user
Right On!!
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector thunsicker private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Why stop with the new slabs. Many of us are anal enough that we would like all our slabs the same. If we could get all our slabs CBCS at the discount it might be enough to make some of us switch.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunsicker
@sborock Why stop with the new slabs. Many of us are anal enough that we would like all our slabs the same. If we could get all our slabs CBCS at the discount it might be enough to make some of us switch.

This would be cool but don't see it happening.
Post 130 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS does give a .50 cent credit for each CGG label that comes in for grading. Not much, but it's something.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunsicker

Excellent idea. They need to be thinking imaginatively on all fronts. CGC has dug themselves a big hole with respect to hardcore collectors of BA and earlier books. They may not make up a huge fraction of the slabbing market, but they can set the tone. If more key books end up in CBCS slabs, it provides the company with enhanced credibility, imo.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector cheta41 private msg quote post Address this user
If I sent a newly slabbed CGC book in to be re-graded wouldn't I have to have the books pressed to correct the waves or damage caused by the CGC case!? I already had JP press them once, would CBCS charge me to press the books and then have them re-graded!?
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector rapid private msg quote post Address this user
I will be sending over a dozen books as soon as they get here from CGC. They have lost my business forever.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector Gunnz private msg quote post Address this user
How does this work with SS books? If I send in a CGC yellow label book, will it retain the yellow label?
Post 135 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnz
How does this work with SS books? If I send in a CGC yellow label book, will it retain the yellow label?

Yes, as long you don't crack it out.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector FIDELIO private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw Bedrock City's video on breaking the new CGC holder. Seems like they are making it much harder to break so that owners are more reluctant to send over to CBCS and/or resub.

Also as of yesterday, all of the posts regarding problems with the new CGC holder have been removed from their website.

If I still collected comics no doubt I'd be sending them to CBCS:

1) the BEST, most experienced graders
2) Better holders

From a long term archival perspective why would CGC thinks it's a good idea to have the book loose inside the holder? There has to be something to keep it from moving. That's just common sense 101.

Hopefully problems with the CGC holder means an increase in business for CBCS.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector FIDELIO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossedfan
Just to get some clarity....If I send CBCS a cgc book in its new holder, they can open it up for me and regrade it? I really don't like opening cases up for fear of damage.
I don't know if CGC's new holders can be opened without some chance of damage. The edges are completely sealed all the way around and when you pry the slab open it doesn't crack evenly on the outside where they've sealed it. It reminds me of those plastic casings you used to buy hand-held electronics in back in the 90's where there was no way you could open those by hand and even if you used scissors you seriously risked cutting yourself. With the old CGC slabs you had the opening on the sides and inner well for some degree of protection over the flat-head screwdriver.

There's got to be big risk for CBCS in opening CGC's new holder and no way I would ever have sent books to CGC with it now taking that amount of effort to get the book out.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheta41
If I sent a newly slabbed CGC book in to be re-graded wouldn't I have to have the books pressed to correct the waves or damage caused by the CGC case!? I already had JP press them once, would CBCS charge me to press the books and then have them re-graded!?

CBCS does not have an in house pressing service.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector cheta41 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:

So then I would either have to risk opening the book myself and harm the book, and then ship it CFP again wait for it to get pressed and then send the book with the broken case to CBCS.This is a lot of work and time and money for books under $1000!?
Post 140 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So then I would either have to risk opening the book myself and harm the book, and then ship it CFP again wait for it to get pressed and then send the book with the broken case to CBCS.This is a lot of work and time and money for books under $1000!?

CFP will send it on to CBCS.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

CFP will send it on to CBCS.

And CFP will open the slabs also. Joey is an authorized CBCS witness so he can open yellow CGC cases, press them, and get them to CBCS and they will honor the label.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector Loiselle313 private msg quote post Address this user
TO those who plan on, but HAVEN'T sent in your book(s)...

Be sure to HAND WRITE on the invoice "20% OFF NEW CGC HOLDER."

I just had to call to inquire why I hadn't been given 20% off yet. I was told because I didn't write on the invoice that it was for the promotion.

They're in the process of fixing it for me now, so no worries there. Save yourself the headache... write on your invoice "20% OFF NEW CGC HOLDER!"
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiselle313

I just had to call to inquire why I hadn't been given 20% off yet. I was told because I didn't write on the invoice that it was for the promotion.

They're in the process of fixing it for me now, so no worries there. Save yourself the headache... write on your invoice "20% OFF NEW CGC HOLDER!"

Very helpful- Thanks.
Now stop looking so upset
Post 144 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't remember if I did thst. I did send the books to CFP first. Thank you for the heads up.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
I want to switch all of my cgc maybe 12 books or so to CBCS is the discount good for all labels I cant tell which ones are new except the old ones with small writing?
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarshade
I want to switch all of my cgc maybe 12 books or so to CBCS is the discount good for all labels I cant tell which ones are new except the old ones with small writing?

The discount is just for books inside the new CGC case. You can tell the new label because it has the page quality right under the grade number.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarshade

The discount is just for books inside the new CGC case. You can tell the new label because it has the page quality right under the grade number.

You can also get the date the book was graded on CGC's homepage, scroll to the bottom and input the serial number.
Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
My OCD says they all need to be switched. Thanks for the info guys.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

so do i subtract 20% off the total and thats how much i make the money order for?
Post 150 IP   flag post
598060 150 25
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.