Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

First Bernie Wrightson, now Len Wein?! No!4287

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
How terrible. Len Wein died. Man, this is awful.

http://comicbook.com/comics/2017/09/10/wolverine-and-swamp-thing-co-creator-len-wein-has-died/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=170910_180022_Comicbook.com%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
So sad to hear the news. I gave Matt at Trinity quite a few books for him to sign at SDCC this year. I was thinking of going to SDCC next year in part because I hoped to meet Len Wein in person.

RIP.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
How terrible. Len Wein died. Man, this is awful.

http://comicbook.com/comics/2017/09/10/wolverine-and-swamp-thing-co-creator-len-wein-has-died/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=170910_180022_Comicbook.com%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
A giant. R.I.P.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I am really bummed about this news. John Romita Sr is the last one left.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Man this year has taken so much from us. I got to meet him 2 years ago and was an awesome person and funny. So the Swamp Thing book mini series that came out later that year. I got my book signed and graded by him (CBCS) and will forevwr remember the awesome talks we had. May you R.I.P. Len Wein and thank you for leaving us some great characters😔😔😢😢😭😭
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Man, 69 is truly still young. Barely into retirement age. Very sad. The link mentions surgeries...what was he ailing from? Rip Len.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Len was in the hospital with repeated foot surgeries causing him to miss at least on scheduled show this year before he attended SDCC. I think he was the one that quipped about his healing factor being on the fritz on his Facebook page.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
He was an industry standard - ahead of his time & an original talent. Our prayers & condolences go to his family and friends in their time of loss. RIP Mr. Wein, you'll forever be missed.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Geez... horrible news
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
So sad! Today is going to be a hard day.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Sad. I donated some comics to him (through Mark Evanier) when his house burned. Prayers for the family.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601274 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?