Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

Important Hurricane Announcement4253

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
*Important Announcement*

CBCS has been experiencing a slight supply chain issue associated with our plastic cases that is having an impact on our ability to ship graded books back to our customers. The company that manufactures our cases is located near Houston, and due to Hurricane Harvey, they have experienced a disruption in manufacturing and distribution. We are expecting our next shipment any day, at which time CBCS will work hard to catch up in the production areas. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

We are also keeping a close eye on Hurricane Irma and we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of the comic books you have entrusted us to grade. These precautions include elevating the books within our vault as well as other weather proofing safeguards. As always, CBCS takes the trust you give us very seriously and will do our utmost to ensure the safety of your comic books.

Due to the severity and uncertainty of Irma, CBCS will be taking precautions to ensure the safety of our employees, which will include the CBCS office closing at noon on Thursday (9/6) and remaining closed through the weekend. This will allow our employees time to evacuate if they choose to do so. We will monitor the hurricane and announce any additional closure information via our Facebook page and website. CBCS will do what we can to keep you updated during that time.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of Hurricane Harvey, as well as those people about to face Hurricane Irma. May they all stay safe and secure.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Stay safe and best of luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the communication Steve. Be safe my fellow Floridian
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Once again we are reminded of our priorities. I am sure that I echo all here in sending my best wises for your safety and general well being.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
couldn't have said it better RRO. Praying Hurricane Irma heads out to sea. Nuff said.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
hopefully, the unexpected occurs and Irma changes direction away from Florida.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve.

Be safe along with the rest of the team.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the info.

As just surviving Harvey, I wish the best for the CBCS family and hope everyone stays safe.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Looks to me like God maybe hates comics😳 Good luck and Godspeed to anyone in the way of this thing
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
By all means stay safe and dry.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by det_tobor
hopefully, the unexpected occurs and Irma changes direction away from Florida.

Current prediction has it hitting Miami area as a cat 4. But a lot can change in the next two days.

Here is near real-time IRMA tracking we provide from SSEC. That's an FTP URL, not sure if these forums load those direct like most browsers will.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Stay safe. Stay safe. Stay safe.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Comics are great and all but do not matter on the scale of life. Nothing is more important than the safety of you and your loved ones. 😎 Y'all stay dry down there and be safe 👍
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
*Important Announcement*

CBCS has been experiencing a slight supply chain issue associated with our plastic cases that is having an impact on our ability to ship graded books back to our customers. The company that manufactures our cases is located near Houston, and due to Hurricane Harvey, they have experienced a disruption in manufacturing and distribution. We are expecting our next shipment any day, at which time CBCS will work hard to catch up in the production areas. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

We are also keeping a close eye on Hurricane Irma and we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of the comic books you have entrusted us to grade. These precautions include elevating the books within our vault as well as other weather proofing safeguards. As always, CBCS takes the trust you give us very seriously and will do our utmost to ensure the safety of your comic books.

Due to the severity and uncertainty of Irma, CBCS will be taking precautions to ensure the safety of our employees, which will include the CBCS office closing at noon on Thursday (9/6) and remaining closed through the weekend. This will allow our employees time to evacuate if they choose to do so. We will monitor the hurricane and announce any additional closure information via our Facebook page and website. CBCS will do what we can to keep you updated during that time.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of Hurricane Harvey, as well as those people about to face Hurricane Irma. May they all stay safe and secure.

Stay safe CBCS team.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector evaluate private msg quote post Address this user
Be safe folks
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
Dealing with Harvey myself and worrying about friends/family all along the Coastal Bend and in the Houston metro ...

... there's no question about what the CBCS Crew is doing to ensure the security as best as humanly possible of the books that have already been received.

It goes without saying, but it'll be said anyway. You guys, your families, and other loved ones are the ONLY priority. Be safe, be well, and God Bless.

- David
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector The_Lurker private msg quote post Address this user
Stay safe to everyone close to this things path.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
Stay safe!
Very safe! Leave!!!

I hope your building is standing.

Much love!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Now it looks like IRMA is going to go right up the left side of the state directly through St.Petersburgh. Stay safe guys
Post 20 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Update from the storm. Currently not a lot of rain but very windy. Some gusts are pretty intense. Luckily the storm started weakening the further north it went.

I know there is damage in my yard. I can see that a large section of my fence is gone. I can hear a lot of things that sound like they are hitting my house. Hopefully it's not portions of the house flying off. Daybreak will be interesting for sure.

No electricity for the past 6 hours. It's very hot. Luckily everyone is safe.

Luckily I don't think we will have the problem with flooding that the news stations were saying we would have. At least I hope not. I'm about 25 miles from the office, but there doesn't seem to be a problem here.

More info tomorrow. Hopefully the wind will die down soon.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
This was posted up on FB by Steve Paulus. Have not seen it here so I'm reposting

CBCS update on Irma:
I wanted to let everyone know that our people are checking in and everyone appears to have made it through Irma. Our building also seems to have weathered the storm and is in good shape. One of our employees drove to the building and did a quick inspection. There was no visible sign of flooding and no apparent sign of leaks, which is very good news. The biggest problem we have right now is that the electricity is still out. Once we get power back to the facility and it is safe for our employees to travel, we will reopen for business, although in a limited capacity at first.
Several of our employees evacuated to other states and may face a difficult time returning. Weather conditions, traffic and gas shortages will play a factor but that is an issue for another day. Right now we are fortunate to be able to say that our building is in good shape and our people are safe.
We know that we are blessed to have escaped with as little damage as we did, and our thoughts and prayers go out to those people who were hit hard by Irma.
I will give you updates on when we expect to reopen, but right now I do not have a time or day on when that will happen. It all depends on when power can be restored.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
electricity grid is down for parts of the state. per news, it will take some time to get the grid up. For that, people from the electric company from other states are on their way there to help with that.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say the most important things are A) everyone is okay, B) the facility is okay with no flooding, then C) books are fine... Delays aren't really a concern at this point, because they'll be long forgotten in the long run, and we know CBCS will do their best to make up for lost time when they can. Thankful Irma downgraded before it hit the States, but it's tragic the damage it did before it reached our shores...
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Someone is working today because I just got a notification that my submission from Fan Expo in Toronto has been received and the order is showing in my dashboard
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector XxSpideyxX private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
I'd say the most important things are A) everyone is okay, B) the facility is okay with no flooding, then C) books are fine... Delays aren't really a concern at this point, because they'll be long forgotten in the long run, and we know CBCS will do their best to make up for lost time when they can. Thankful Irma downgraded before it hit the States, but it's tragic the damage it did before it reached our shores...

Yeah, my only concern is something I posted in another thread:

Hopefully power will be restored soon. Humidity within the vault can't be good for all these paper products that are susceptible to all the detriments of moisture including mold, warping, color bleeding, etc. As long as power is restored to reduce humidity/moisture, I'm more than happy to wait knowing that everyone and their families were safe as a result of the necessary precautions. Well worth any delays as a result of saving lives and keeping families together.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad everyone is ok .
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Latest update from Steve Paulus via facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Paulus
CBCS has power and has opened in a very limited capacity. Our facility did not sustain any real damage and the power is on, and most of our employees have reported for work. The main issue we have is that we do not have any internet service at this time. Our attempts to use WIFI has not met with any real success because cell towers in the area are providing spotty service at best. Because of the damage to the power grid many cell towers throughout Florida are running on generators, and at diminished capacity. The faster the power comes back on, the faster all telecommunication services can resume normal service.

At this point, one of two things has to happen for CBCS to get back up to normal operations. Either our internet provider starts to provide service or WIFI becomes stronger to allow a stable connection.

We are doing what we can to move orders through the system. Which includes those process steps that do not require our operating system, such as encapsulating books that are in our backlog. We are also using remote sites to enter information from paperwork sent in with comics. Once we can access our system our priority will be moving books through our grading process. We will start with those orders that were held up during IRMA and the faster tier submissions we have entered into our system but have not passed beyond that step.

As always, our focus is to our customers, and we are dedicated to getting CBCS back to normal operations. I have to say that I am proud of the devotion of our employees who put aside their own concerns and reported to work to help get us back on track. I’ll let you know when we more news to report.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Watcherman private msg quote post Address this user
God Bless! Happy to hear no injuries/damage.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
So has there been an update? Just want to know that everyone is fine and the place is up and running - not in a rush for my books as I project getting them back in early December LOL!

Hope the power is back up and people can get to work, returning to normal is the best medicine
Post 30 IP   flag post
600671 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?