Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

NCW-Grab um and Slab um4252

Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
For a first week in the month it is actually a fairly weak week. Not much for me I care about this week.

That was last week for me. Somehow I still dropped 20 bucks though
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Grayspeedster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Keep in mind it isn't just WD 171 cover B; it is cvrB w/the pink sig. That is the one with the extra pages and was 1 or 2 per store.

$&%@!?!? Are you kidding me? I just drove over 3 hours round trip, bought 3 cover B and 2 cover A! No Pink!!! I had no idea I was supposed to lookout for this pink signature crap!!! Jesus I am so frustrated!

Well on to the next overhyped book!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
Quote:
Keep in mind it isn't just WD 171 cover B; it is cvrB w/the pink sig. That is the one with the extra pages and was 1 or 2 per store.

$&%@!?!? Are you kidding me? I just drove over 3 hours round trip, bought 3 cover B and 2 cover A! No Pink!!! I had no idea I was supposed to lookout for this pink signature crap!!! Jesus I am so frustrated!

Yeah. This stuff happens so fast. That would be frustrating.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayspeedster
Quote:

Eh don't be too frustrated. There's usually always an aftermarket for TWD. First app too. Just hold on to them. Either people will want it down the road or if they put her on the show off the reception of this book you'll see that thing tick tick tick!
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
So yesterday I spent over three hours waiting while my car was repaired and decided "screw it, I will just order from Midtown". I plan to complete my order this morning but there is a limit of one per cover and the signature cover is not available.

I may try a couple stores today but it could be a waste of time. If anyone knows an online source for these signed covers, please share.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
After letting me order 15 copies last time Midtown is also limiting the Argerm cover of SG 13 to 1 copy.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos good luck it is a $50-75 book now - wonder how long
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
After letting me order 15 copies last time Midtown is also limiting the Argerm cover of SG 13 to 1 copy.

Ye I saw a bid yesterday over $60 still had 2 days to go. Guess it's time to open a shop so I can get the scoop and order what I want. It's a bit of a monopoly, if we're honest. đŸ˜ŗ
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesPaine
Quote:

Ye I saw a bid yesterday over $60 still had 2 days to go. Guess it's time to open a shop so I can get the scoop and order what I want. It's a bit of a monopoly, if we're honest. đŸ˜ŗ

I was just thinking, there have to be tons of underground shops that simply order from diamond just to ONLy resell on the secondary market
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I always assumed there were systems in place to prevent that sort of thing, but lately having doubts. LCS sold out of Hulk 22 quick, then yesterday there's one on the wall for 35$. Have a feelin there's a stack sittin in the back somewhere🤔☹ī¸
Post 35 IP   flag post
Could be a subscription who didn't pick up. Did u ask? Would be nice though if there was a stash
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@drchaos good luck it is a $50-75 book now - wonder how long

For that kind of money I hope that signature on the cover is from Lynda Carter.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
I always assumed there were systems in place to prevent that sort of thing, but lately having doubts. LCS sold out of Hulk 22 quick, then yesterday there's one on the wall for 35$. Have a feelin there's a stack sittin in the back somewhere🤔☹ī¸

Yeah I would wonder the same thing after seeing that!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
If one of these pink sigs makes it onto that wall, my suspicions will be confirmed. Tho, if I had my own shop, I think I'd be tempted to do the same thing😁
Post 39 IP   flag post
Well that's what I mean. You figure you own a shop right. Now I have no idea if there's anything in place to prevent second market reselling or if there's anything in terms of laws/bi laws "codes" whatever. But for scenarios sake, you just happened to order 40 copies of TWD. Out of those 4-5 are pink sigs. You go on eBay on NCW and just so happen to see they're going for 50 a pop. I am almost POSITIVE plenty of shops pulled 1 or 2 of those bad boys for aftermarket sales. Now I don't know about how much it costs to order/shipping whatever. But if you get a 50 dollar book and you over ordered, I'll bet you make your money back whether under or over the books and you can then put that back into the shop.

Now in terms of Midtown that's cornering the market. Because you know they're ordering thousands of copies and you know they have um. It's just a matter of, people eating into their money and trying to make the secondhand market more profitable even if people are buying them up for even say $15 bucks. You buy two books of these past two hitters, you make $90. And if it's a hot book it will keep selling.

The thing that gets me is you know there are "friends" of some of these bigger comic shops that are getting the big books at the right prices and then ARE flipping them so. . . again to my original point. It's all a monopoly sort of based on a trickle down system. And I'm just the guy at the bottom buying up the stuff nobody wants and the stuff I like
Post 40 IP   flag post
Though, my LCS does ask me about books I want first on the characters they know I like so . . . I can't complain! And who on this wonderful planet would have predicted a first app in Cho Hulk would have went nuclear!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Though, my LCS does ask me about books I want first on the characters they know I like so . . . I can't complain! And who on this wonderful planet would have predicted a first app in Cho Hulk would have went nuclear!

My LCS also knows what I like and tend to put any TWD or Star Wars variant in my box. So I have a pink sigs 171 along with the other 2 covers waiting for me. :o)
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKribs
Quote:

My LCS also knows what I like and tend to put any TWD or Star Wars variant in my box. So I have a pink sigs 171 along with the other 2 covers waiting for me. :o)

NICE! That's what I mean, a cool mid tier contender will usually sway towards the consumer because they're not doing the numbers the big dogs are and value their consumer a little more I feel. You think Midtown gives a crap about some kid who spends $20 a week on comics??? They should but I doubt so. But to a local shop who orders 15-30 books per hero, that 20 bones looks real good!

@DarthKribs you gonna slab or go for the quick cash grab???
Post 43 IP   flag post
@NilesPaine I am going to slab it. I am in comic book collecting to read them and save them. :o)
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
@NilesPaine I am going to slab it. I am in comic book collecting to read them and save them. :o)

There are still some readers left!!! Good to hear.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I ordered this week's books from Midtown (limit on one of each WD cover with no signed covers available) + some store exclusives, etc. I got all of the variants for Astonishing X-Men but had to pay out some $$$.

I ordered next week's books from TFAW at 20% off including 15 copies of the Artgerm SG 13.

For those of you who picked up the signed variant, did you get them at cover price or did your LCS mark them up?

If so, how much did they set you back?
Post 46 IP   flag post
Not sure my LCS didn't even have Cover B blue sig. BUT they don't charge extra for Variants and even low incentives they usually only charge $5-8. I went to 3 shops at opening yesterday and only found Cover A in all 3 and I was the first one in there so . . .
Post 47 IP   flag post
I am going to a local comic show on Sunday. If I have a chance to get them on the cheap that is probably it. I will see where the market settles when I go to Baltimore and NYCC.
Post 48 IP   flag post
@drchaos The pink sigs cover will cost me $30
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Missing the chance to buy a $50-60 book for $30 isn't as bad as missing the chance to buy it at $10 or even cover price.

I should hope there are other books coming out that will allow me to double my money.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Missing the chance to buy a $50-60 book for $30 isn't as bad as missing the chance to buy it at $10 or even cover price.

I should hope there are other books coming out that will allow me to double my money.

I am sure I had it in there for cover price but once they looked on ebay they raised the price. I am not mad about it. I am just glad that my LCS knows me well enough to put it in my box for me.
Post 51 IP   flag post

Wow!
Post 52 IP   flag post
At stoke stage it will blow up spectacularly. Question is who is going to be the monkey!
Post 53 IP   flag post
100 bucks a book in not even 48 hours. That is ABSURD. What the $@&* is going on?? Am I in the twilight zone??? You guys ever see this before?? Like overnight?? I'm new to checkin prices so dunno if this is a regular occurrence or what but geesh
Post 54 IP   flag post
I was checking Ebay and most of the pink sigs are 50 bucks plus with 3 plus days left on the auction
Post 55 IP   flag post
598103 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?