Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the storm picked up some strength overnight. This one scares me. Has the same feel to it as Andrew.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector greyghost private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Joe - yeh coming up the west coast, picking up energy from the Gulf, could be really really bad news. As in a topography changing event. As bad as Andrew was, it was an East to West storm. There hasn't been a South to North hurricane in our lifetime, and the barrier islands were unpopulated then. If the storm surge coincides with high tide, St. Petersburg could be in a catastrophic situation. The CBCS building is currently coded as an Evacuation Zone D/E, which isn't mandatory yet, only A & B. But they're only a mile or so away from a designated A Zone. Is the CBCS building a 2 story, and is the vault on the 2nd story?
Post 77 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Being "senior members" doesn't count for nothin in my eyes? You are as much a part of the discussion as any. If people try to make you uncomfortable just tell them to please be polite and respectful. No one here really wants to come off as a jerk.

You are right with everything you said. But I also had similar issues with this member once before in less than a week. The member was flagged twice, and edited what they said because they did not want to get in trouble with the mods. And this time around, I was forced to ask them to leave me alone. Just because the tone was similar to the first incident. Nothing beyond that.

So all I can do is apologize if I came off as sounding like I meant a wider set of people. I'm not. And I will just add that I am not touching those issues until the storm has passed and we know what has happened to both CGC and CBCS. That, and leave out any jokes I have because I am being serious with what I am saying.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope everyone stays safe down there. Any updates?
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
mild wind and light rain in St. Petersbug right now. I will keep updates going for as long as I can. I get a connection error when my phone goes to 4g for some reason but as long as I have Wi-Fi ill keep going. Looks like here in Pinellas county we will be bracing for a night time hit. Not was I was hoping for I would much rather this hit us during the day when we have light
Post 80 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Being "senior members" doesn't count for nothin in my eyes? You are as much a part of the discussion as any. If people try to make you uncomfortable just tell them to please be polite and respectful. No one here really wants to come off as a jerk.

You are right with everything you said. But I also had similar issues with this member once before in less than a week. The member was flagged twice, and edited what they said because they did not want to get in trouble with the mods. And this time around, I was forced to ask them to leave me alone. Just because the tone was similar to the first incident. Nothing beyond that.

So all I can do is apologize if I came off as sounding like I meant a wider set of people. I'm not. And I will just add that I am not touching those issues until the storm has passed and we know what has happened to both CGC and CBCS. That, and leave out any jokes I have because I am being serious with what I am saying.

Dude............Oh never mind. I will AGAIN, save a moderator the trouble. Despite your lies and distortions above. Have a good day sir. I will refrain from interacting with you in the future. If I can. If I can.
Post 81 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost
Hey Joe - yeh coming up the west coast, picking up energy from the Gulf, could be really really bad news. As in a topography changing event. As bad as Andrew was, it was an East to West storm. There hasn't been a South to North hurricane in our lifetime, and the barrier islands were unpopulated then. If the storm surge coincides with high tide, St. Petersburg could be in a catastrophic situation. The CBCS building is currently coded as an Evacuation Zone D/E, which isn't mandatory yet, only A & B. But they're only a mile or so away from a designated A Zone. Is the CBCS building a 2 story, and is the vault on the 2nd story?

As far as I know, they are one story.
Post 82 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Reading the topo map, it appears the CBCS building is at 25' above sea level.

Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector XxSpideyxX private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazywan
Quote:
mild wind and light rain in St. Petersbug right now. I will keep updates going for as long as I can. I get a connection error when my phone goes to 4g for some reason but as long as I have Wi-Fi ill keep going. Looks like here in Pinellas county we will be bracing for a night time hit. Not was I was hoping for I would much rather this hit us during the day when we have light

How far away are you from the CBCS vault? I wish there were a live-cam on the building. LOL!
Post 84 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
While the 25' may help put minds at ease in regard to flooding, it does not negate that the eye of irma is projected to pass directly over CBCS at 2AM tonight. I hope everyone got out!!

Post 85 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Just taking a moment to let everyone at CBCS know I'm thinking of you and hoping you have all found a safe place to ride this storm out.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpideyxX
Quote:
Quote:

How far away are you from the CBCS vault? I wish there were a live-cam on the building. LOL!
I'm about 25 mins North in Largo,FL
Post 87 IP   flag post
Some website made a joke about shooting Hurricane Harvey in Texas to stop it, turn it, or kill it.

Next thing you know, some people actually shot at the hurricane. Public service announcements were made "shooting the hurricane will not stop, lesson the severity or turn it".

You can't make this stuff up. Ha Ha

I am hoping and praying for those in Texas and Florida and the other possible areas in the path of Irma (like S. Carolina and maybe Georgia).

But hoping and praying is literally almost useless. Thank God there are a lot of people actually doing heroic work in those places.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Small outer band of rain coming into Tampa-St. Petersburg now. I will let you know how it goes soon it has not hit me yet
Post 89 IP   flag post
Tranformers blowing just heard 3 of them go, but I still have power luckily, gusts getting stronger Tampa reporting 45 mph
Post 90 IP   flag post
The thing about Florida is, everyone knows someone in Florida.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
The thing about Florida is, everyone knows someone in Florida.
yes most are from somewhere else, I was born here, but I did grade school in Ohio
Post 92 IP   flag post
Krazywan, thank you for all the updates! Stay safe, but keep the reports coming
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpideyxX
Krazywan, thank you for all the updates! Stay safe, but keep the reports coming
will do man, so long as I have Wi-Fi I will, but connection error when phone switches to 4g I haven't figured that one out yet
Post 94 IP   flag post
Rain is getting heavier and getting about 50 mph gusts. Good news is that with this storm weaking the storm surge may not be as bad for Tampa-St. Petersburg. I'm definitely starting to feel better about our chances in this area
Post 95 IP   flag post
Winds currently at 35 mph sustained and gusts up to 65 mph. I still have power but have had a few flickers. Rains are still holding steady, it's not dumping as much I had thought. No major damage to report at this time from what I'm seeing on the local news
Post 96 IP   flag post
The eye of the storm is just southeast of us now, very steady wind and rain gusts coming in at 75 to 85 mph. Most of my friends around here have no power but my house is still kicking. Flooding has not been a problem as of yet but once the eye get north of us it will push the water back into the bay and we may see some then. Keep your fingers crossed that it isn't bad. Gonna try and catch a quick nap and wait for this eye to get a bit closer and then ill give you guys another update
Post 97 IP   flag post
And I do have to say when a transformer blows it does light the sky up with a nice shade of green
Post 98 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Naples, about 3 hours south of St Petersburg
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Naples, about 3 hours south of St Petersburg

Hopefully, you'll have a chance to avoid the floods
Post 100 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@det_tobor I'm actually on the west coast. I just posted the link since it showed what the hurricane's already doing so close to CBCS
Post 101 IP   flag post
Just woke up from a nap and it is still windy and light rain. I never lost power. Glad to see where I'm at no flooding, storm surge is not as bad as they thought it would be. I have one section of fence down and a lot of small debris, no major damage as I can see yet. It is starting to get light out so I will know more in just a little while. If St.Petersburg faired as well as I have here in Largo, I would say we got lucky.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Great to hear some good news Krazywan.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just woke up from a nap and it is still windy and light rain. I never lost power. Glad to see where I'm at no flooding, storm surge is not as bad as they thought it would be. I have one section of fence down and a lot of small debris, no major damage as I can see yet. It is starting to get light out so I will know more in just a little while. If St.Petersburg faired as well as I have here in Largo, I would say we got lucky.

Great news Krazywan. I'm glad you faired relatively well. Shocked you never lost power! I hope someone is able to drive/boat down to the facility soon and let us know how it looks in regards to flooding, roof integrity, etc.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Maybe, just maybe ill try to drive down there today if curfew gets lifted soon and scope it out. I'm interested to see what made it and did not
Post 105 IP   flag post
601334 111 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?