Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Worth sending in?4243

Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking to trade off some of my TWD for other things on my want list.

Would it be worth it to send this one in to be graded to solidify the condition, or leave it raw?

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on what you're trading for or wanting in return for your graded copy. May be worth it in the long run to get a bigger return.
Post 2 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty much what Stu says.

Because it all depends on the idea if you are willing to spend more time and money making sure that your side of the trade is rock solid. And if you are willing to take a monetary loss just to scratch off what is on your current want list.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Find out what Raws and Slabs are going for in that grade and decide if the potential value difference is worth more than the grading fees.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@kash
I've been searching for that issue of TWD for some time. I picked up a convention copy of TMNT #45 @ MC3 2 years ago which is an homage to that cover. Check it out..

When I finally get it I'm going to send them both in for grading, then display them side by side!

BTW, this is sound advice from everyone. Check up on the recent values (slabbed vs. raw) and if it's better for you in the long run, slab & sell! 👍🏼
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash

Would it be worth it to send this one in to be graded to solidify the condition, or leave it raw?

What is on your want list? I have a graded WD 19, looking to pick up another raw copy. Might have some books you would be interested in.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I would be interested in trading for this book, raw or slabbed.

I have thousands of books available, from low grade Golden Age thru high grade moderns....run books AND key books.

I will give you whatever the 90 day GPA average on this book is in 9.6, in trade value, for your raw copy.

LMK what's on your want list, I have ample references from previous trades.

I will ship first, if that eases your mind😊
Post 7 IP   flag post

Here is a small sample of what I have available...only Walking Dead books I have is a set of all of the 1st print variants of #100 ,standard cover and the chromium.

The Lucille variant is not included.

They are all in the 9.6/9.8 range, raw.

That would be $125 in trade value, you'd still have about $200 left in trade value, if you took that set, just to give you an idea of how much I am willing to give up, for a bigger book.

Got 2 copies of AA #1 VG/FN and a VF/NM...$30 and $95, Both have OW to W pages, respectively...Tick #1 1st print in VF at $65...got SA keys like Marvel Super Heroes #12 VG,WHITE Pages at $75...and so on, got 2 full short boxes of these sorts of "wall books" ...lower end books like VG/FN Bronze Bat/Det books that Overstreet at $9, I price at $5...run SA thru modern with Overstreet values at $20, strictly graded, are in my $10 boxes...pictured here is $5 books.

Post 8 IP   flag post
$5 bin stock...all are now bagged/boarded in Mylite2's and Full Backs ....got about 10 short boxes of $5 books like these examples...

Post 9 IP   flag post
$10 bin book examples....VF/NM and NM-
Kirby's.... Wolverine NM- EC Variant swipe,
$20 book on eBay...it is in my $10 boxes. ...have 10 short boxes of $10 books like these.....

As an open ended offer to you, or any other CBCS Boardie who wants to trade key books like WD #19..books worth $200 or more, I will let you beat me over the head in trade value for books that I have priced at $5 to $100.👀👀🙌💣💥
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to all of the folks who are interested in this issue.

I am sending this particular one to get slabbed and will be looking to trade it after I get it back.

If you are interested in others in the meantime, I have issues 8-62 as well (including the first appearance of the Governor.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks to all of the folks who are interested in this issue.

I am sending this particular one to get slabbed and will be looking to trade it after I get it back.

If you are interested in others in the meantime, I have issues 8-62 as well (including the first appearance of the Governor.

PM sent.

I would be interested in trading for the entire run, minus the #19 that you are having graded.

After the 19 is slabbed, I'd be down for a second trade, as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
598011 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?