Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaQuestions

CBCS Verified Signature Program questions4218

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
if i have a book i got signed but not witnessed when i send it in to be verified on the slab label will they put where i had it signed at . or is that part pretty much irrelevant and they only care about verifying the autographs only . i know they can't verify where it was signed but would like the label to say where it was signed at .
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe? I have a Hulk 180 signed on the inside page and the label specifically says, "Signed by Len Wein on 1st page."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan
Maybe? I have a Hulk 180 signed on the inside page and the label specifically says, "Signed by Len Wein on 1st page."
thanks for the reply and that is pretty cool
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I don't believe it will be on there because they have no way of verifying that information.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
I don't believe it will be on there because they have no way of verifying that information.
thanks for the reply
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Magellan private msg quote post Address this user
Haha, I totally misread your question. Thought you meant where on the book! My bad. But yeah, what @ONLINE_209 said, they can only verify the signature itself, by when or where it was signed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Labels no longer indicate where (what show) a book was signed at, regardless of whether it was witnessed or verified
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Labels no longer indicate where (what show) a book was signed at, regardless of whether it was witnessed or verified
thank you for the reply and that is good to know . by the way do you know when they took away the con names i ask as my last years submissions from around this time had it
Post 8 IP   flag post
They took them off when they introduced the current label earlier this year
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Back in 1977 at a comic book convention in San Francisco, I had Jim Steranko sign my copy of STRANGE TALES #167. When I turned it in to Mark Roman (CBCS) for grading he knew right away that it was one of his older signatures. Not only did Jim Stranko sign it for free but the book came back graded at an 8.5. This is one of my top cherished comic books.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Comicsharky private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission to CBCS, are there collectors who collect on misspellings of CBCS signature labels? My label has Embossed goil foil logo for My Redneck #1 signed gold foil edition comic. A long wait for this...sort of crushed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
There are indeed collectors who love misspellings, recalls and errors

Maybe give Jake a call and see if they can have it corrected for you. it'd mean sending the book back though
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Comicsharky private msg quote post Address this user
and it's a 9.8...sniff...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
If a book doesn't pass verification, like let's say you have Jim Starlin draw an infinity symbol instead of his name - does the book continue onto grading as a normal "unsigned" book, or would that unverifiability reduce the grade?

Sort of a dumb question(I'm a witnessed signature type guy), but I assume it would reduce the grade?

Basically... If you know it's authentic, but CBCS can't verify it, are you punished for it as book damage?

Thanks!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man When you submit a book for verification, you can specify if you still want the book graded if a signature fails verification. If they grade the book with an unverified signature it will be considered writing on the book and counted against the grade.

If you choose not to have the book graded with the unverified signature, it will be returned ungraded
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite thank you!
Post 16 IP   flag post
597890 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?